Yoga, Career and Money
 How's life in your area?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jclone

United Arab Emirates
61 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2020 :  01:09:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
How is everyone holding up amidst this pandemic? How great is the impact on your work, your practices, or your daily life? With another lockdown being implemented in most places, is your area even ready for another bout of these lockdowns? Your thoughts would be very much appreciated.

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2020 :  11:13:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I find that the lockdown has been good for yoga practice.
Working from home more and less driving around, so more time to sleep/rest. I have been able to allow some purification symptoms that otherwise would have been problematic.
Go to Top of Page

interpaul

USA
524 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2020 :  5:31:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Living in the United States in the midst of a new surge we are experiencing additional set backs with respect to the slow return to normal. Being social creatures it is definitely demoralizing not being able to interact with others without the necessary precautions/limitations. I participated in a zoom AYP yoga retreat last weekend and that was a nice way to stay connected. I personally am finding these times tolerable as I'm an essential worker so I get to interact with people all day long (albeit covered in PPE). Having this inner practice to do has been a god send for me as it gives me an inner retreat and helps with resilience.
Go to Top of Page

k.cherry

USA
86 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2020 :  7:04:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I had actually been isolating for months (years?) before the pandemic, so when it hit I didn't notice much difference. Now, however, I wish I could go out and make friends.
I also participated in the AYP zoom retreat this last weekend, and I second interpaul in that it was a nice way to connect. This community has been a huge source of comfort and grounding for me.

What's the experience like for you?
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1506 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2020 :  6:05:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Second interpaul and k.cherry. AYP zoom retreat are a wonderful way to connect with the AYP community and to enhance practices. Thank you interpaul and k.cherry for sharing your presence and wisdom.
Go to Top of Page

k.cherry

USA
86 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2020 :  6:16:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thank you for sharing yours
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1506 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2020 :  8:08:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by k.cherry

thank you for sharing yours

Go to Top of Page

jclone

United Arab Emirates
61 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2020 :  04:24:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by k.cherry

I had actually been isolating for months (years?) before the pandemic, so when it hit I didn't notice much difference. Now, however, I wish I could go out and make friends.
I also participated in the AYP zoom retreat this last weekend, and I second interpaul in that it was a nice way to connect. This community has been a huge source of comfort and grounding for me.

What's the experience like for you?

Wow, it must be really refreshing attending the AYP zoom retreat last weekend, I wish I was there too.

I've been really exhausted when first lockdown was announced in my country, lots of businesses including mine was forced to shut down for 4 months because of it. I can't say much how I am so thankful of AYP for being here with me the whole battle with this pandemic. Yoga did a good job so far for realeasing myself from stress and anxiety this pandemic brought to me and my family.

I've recently read an article on how we can look after our mental health during these times(as reading became one of my habits during this isolation) so I thought I might share this to all of you.

http://tatianaharveytherapy.com/loo...of-pandemic/
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2020 :  7:22:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Because my weekly asana class is on hiatus (and did not survive shutdown) I have been taking asana outside until it is safe again to attend class in person. I live along the New England (USA) coastline and have scouted out go-to spots, facing the Atlantic and the sun. There is tremendous energy brought forth in real-time Sun Salutations, and to then meditate as the tide reports and the breezes caress is truly divine.
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2020 :  07:09:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
As an artist, my work is immersive and demanding, so being alone is normal. In fact, now there is even more social interaction, with our two children attending the university courses online, and my husband working from home. The yoga classes and the meditation group moved outside over the summer, and then online. It has been wonderful to meet other AYP people at the online retreats. Overall, it seems that the energy has changed in the world, and many are struggling to find balance. However, this global health crisis will pass, and it is good to use this time wisely. Keeping a regular daily routine, including a regular spiritual practice, and serving others the best we can are essential coping strategies.
Go to Top of Page

dietarydongguan

USA
22 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2020 :  03:01:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Honestly, a lot of people are done with it, don't care, and don't want to hear. I'm in a rural area and this thing isn't a thing here. I still, after 9 months, I knew one person who supposedly got it when she had a fever, exhausted, and diarrhea for 3 days... she tested positive. That's the extent of it.

The place we go to breakfast on weekends has already said that if they tell them to shut down again, he will not until they physically come and shut him down.
Go to Top of Page

jclone

United Arab Emirates
61 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2020 :  03:08:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Blanche

However, this global health crisis will pass, and it is good to use this time wisely. Keeping a regular daily routine, including a regular spiritual practice, and serving others the best we can are essential coping strategies.

Totally agree, I believe we all just need to be resilient to keep our wits intact. Someday, we will just laugh this off, I'm sure of it.

Edited by - jclone on Nov 27 2020 03:20:42 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000