Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Regret over a Missed Opportunity with AYP
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SparklingDiamond

Australia
227 Posts

Posted - May 30 2020 :  11:16:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello Everyone:

So I'm feeling a bit of regret and self recrimination over not sticking with AYP from years ago now.
I don't know what happened, but i left the practises, after a short time.
Now I wish I could go back and not have missed an opportunity at spiritual/personal development with sticking with it.

Now that we are in such dire times, I have a fear of losing this info. if the internet goes down cos of the instability of the changes and our freedoms being taken away. Am I too late to start again?

I am starting again with SBP. I have been meditating off and on since I was 18 so many years have gone by. '

I was doing a practise yesterday with how to move sexual energy (tantra) through the body and then remembered AYP. It just popped into my head and now here I am again.

Have i left it too late and is there still time to get on board with my spiritual evolution by following the practises of AYP? I have wasted some significant time.

Right now, I;m off to practise SBP and DM.... once more.

Namaste All !

Maria

interpaul

USA
524 Posts

Posted - May 30 2020 :  4:25:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Maria, Welcome back. I personally don't believe it is ever too late. The reality is we live in the present and it doesn't take long to get there. Being in a rush does lead to problems. As you'll recall self pacing is one of the key tenets of AYP. It may take some time for the ecstatic conductivity to build up but I suspect if you've done it before, your brain will quickly reform those paths. Good luck.
Go to Top of Page

Cato

Germany
225 Posts

Posted - May 30 2020 :  4:46:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Maria,

I would like to second interpaul. I don't think it is ever too late to start with a thing such as AYP.
Go to Top of Page

SparklingDiamond

Australia
227 Posts

Posted - May 31 2020 :  06:57:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thank you both InterPaul and Cato
I had replied earlier but for some reason it did not go through.

Im goinng to go with the flow and just allow my spiritual development to happen. Obviously its not on my time that I would have liked but then, (Im a bit of an impatient, restless soul !)

THk you Interpaul and yes I think u r right ! The brain seems to be picking up the SBP quite nicely, even though it cuts in and out of my visioning as Im practising. I mean sometimes the vision is only of some parts of the spine and then others are just blanked out energetically before reaching the third eye

Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - May 31 2020 :  06:58:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Maria,

Welcome back! It seems that a meditation practiced on and off still helps, as now you see the value of the spiritual practice. As it is said in yoga tradition, no effort is wasted - no moment should be wasted.
Go to Top of Page

interpaul

USA
524 Posts

Posted - May 31 2020 :  5:35:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
SparklingDiamond, My experience with SBP was similar initially. With a little practice I quickly got to a place where the energy aids in the focus and almost takes over for me. I find SBP a very powerful practice. It can take me a few minutes to settle in and by 10 minutes I always wish there was more time as it is so deeply pleasurable. Given my struggles as I've outlined recently, i honor the 10 minute rule.
Go to Top of Page

SparklingDiamond

Australia
227 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2020 :  01:53:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Blanche!

I have been meditating off and on since i was 18 years old, and I'mm now 50 so its been a while, but i have never completely stopped. Bcoz yes i have always felt that meditation is THE WAY. :-)

Blessings,

Maria
Go to Top of Page

SparklingDiamond

Australia
227 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2020 :  01:54:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Interpaul ! Can i ask how long you have been meditating? I think i read on here that you started into the AYP practises approx 20 months ago?
Go to Top of Page

SparklingDiamond

Australia
227 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2020 :  01:56:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
InterPaul:

I'm kind of obsessed with the SBP to be honest. I plan to order Yogani's book on it. I have been devouring as many youtube vids on Spinal Breathing Pranayama.
Go to Top of Page

interpaul

USA
524 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2020 :  9:49:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
SparklingDiamond, I've been meditating for years but around 12 months in the AYP tradition. SBP is certainly a powerful practice. As Yogani would suggest, limit your SBP to 10 minutes. Make sure your primary focus is on the DM as the SBP cranks up the energy but it is only supposed to be used to prepare the mind for DM.
Go to Top of Page

SparklingDiamond

Australia
227 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2020 :  12:12:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Interpaul !
I have been meditating for along time, but off and on.
it's been two weeks since incorporating SBP and DM, but i do five mins of SBP per meditation session twice per day

When do I ramp up the SBP to ten mins per day before DM?

Unlike you, I dont experience the ecstatic blissful stuff, but its not too important to me, as long as my personal dev is improving, which it seems to be.
Go to Top of Page

interpaul

USA
524 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2020 :  4:02:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
SparklingDiamond, I just put a word of caution out as I sensed your enthusiasm (bhakti) is high. My understanding is you can add new practices such as increasing time or a bandha's etc. when you have been at your current level and feeling stable, usually after a month or more (this varies a lot from individual to individual). This means not having either painful energy overloads or excessive ecstatic energy that distracts you from normal functioning. Yogani has offered all his practices in an "all you can eat" format but his intention is for you to slowly expand your practices over YEARS. I was very enthusiastic in the beginning and had to do some serious self pacing in the beginning. I've been fortunate to not have any uncomfortable symptoms for over 6 months but I do still struggle with too much ecstatic stuff at times (not a bad place to be though) Don't worry about not having the ecstatic stuff at this point, it is a bit of a trap. My understanding is the development of the witness, in the blissful states that come with DM is much more significant on your path to enlightenment. Once you have the silent witness, the ecstatic stuff is better handled and ultimately leads to Union. As Yogani would say "you are doing great, enjoy"
Go to Top of Page

SparklingDiamond

Australia
227 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2020 :  11:30:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Interpaul ! Yes my enthusiasm is high. Thats one of my personality downfalls. Over enthusiasm in the beginning and then it wanes, but my drive for spiritual development has never left me , and wanting to experience the divine has been with me most of my life.

I read further into AYP instructions, and it seems to be after approx two weeks to incorporate ten mins. I ahve a feeling i need to go a bit longer with the 5 minutes before ventuing towards the ten mins. Yesterday was the first day I missed my SBP and meditation practises during this two weeks. But im not going to allow it to pull me from my focus and practise.

Thanks again for your advice. Much appreciated

Maria
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2020 :  06:21:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Sparklingdiamond,

You can increase the time of spinal breathing from 5 mins to 10 mins once you feel comfortable with using spinal breathing and deep meditation together.

See here:

"Begin by doing this spinal breathing practice for five minutes before your regular meditations. We don't get up between pranayama and meditation. Just keep your seat, and begin meditation when your pranayama time is up. Take a minute or so before effortlessly beginning the mantra, just as originally instructed. Once you get comfortable in the routine of doing pranayama and meditation, one after the other, increase the time of pranayama to ten minutes. You will be doing ten minutes of pranayama and twenty minutes of meditation twice each day. Continue with this practice."

From lesson 41.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

SparklingDiamond

Australia
227 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2020 :  06:30:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Christi!

I obviously misread the two weeks!

And I am feeling quite comfortable with SBP and DM, so i will start to incorporate the ten mins SBP

Thank you for letting me know! I have been devouring so much info on SBP, I think Im in overload mode

Blessings,

Maria
Go to Top of Page

kensbikes100

USA
192 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2020 :  07:34:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
SparklingDiamond,

I have done this many times and am now returning again. In a way this is a macro-version of how we maintain the mantra in DM and other mantra work. While sitting in DM we repeat the mantra. As thoughts come we don't prevent them, but when we realize we are not on the mantra, we gently return to it. Similarly if life's complications take your activities away from the ability to naturally sit down and meditate that is not necessarily a permanent departure. An hiatus, yes, but not necessarily an end. I too wish I had not lost time, but I did accomplish other things in those times.

You cannot re-start meditating from a state that is not where you are. You can only re-start from where you are now, which is probably different from where you left off.

Is it too late for growth? No, not ever. Is it too late to pick up from were you were? For me at least, it's always too late for that. As soon as I stop (or just have a cup of coffee), it is different.

quote:
Originally posted by SparklingDiamond

thank you both InterPaul and Cato
I had replied earlier but for some reason it did not go through.

Im goinng to go with the flow and just allow my spiritual development to happen. Obviously its not on my time that I would have liked but then, (Im a bit of an impatient, restless soul !)

THk you Interpaul and yes I think u r right ! The brain seems to be picking up the SBP quite nicely, even though it cuts in and out of my visioning as Im practising. I mean sometimes the vision is only of some parts of the spine and then others are just blanked out energetically before reaching the third eye

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000