Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 Tantric solo-cultivation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sebeast55

USA
15 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2020 :  9:29:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Would doing too much practice with tantric solo-cultivation/masturbation be a bad thing for you.

I am a believer in it being best in moderation but would doing it too much at once be more detrimental to you than beneficial?

Ive been using it for practice recently and did more than i had wished, truthfully not too much though, and the energy you maintain is amazing compared to the energy you have if you were to have a release or ejaculate.

Would doing solo-cultivation too much not be good for you? I think moderation is still best but i practiced it a little more than i had wanted to, but it wasnt too much like it sounds like.

I also have this feeling within me right now that something inside me feels cleaner now. I think its that inner purification that is taking place because of the cultivation of the energy from doing the practice. If anyone can help with these questions i would very much appreciate it. Thank you.

Edit: it is now the next day after I have written this post. I have some minor problems that I feel right now. I feel as if I have either a slight headache or a slight hangover. I think it might be a dopamine hangover from all the dopamine being released during the practice. I think it was caused by doing this practice for a long time and at times having difficulties in the practice like being too strenuous with it at times. I wasnt completely able to do it relaxed sadly and was interrupted many times which caused me to have to stop cultivation and continue cultivation. It kind of made it difficult to maintain a state of arousal and at times I feel like I had to be strenuous with the practice because I had lost the erection from being interrupted. Long story short, I had to do the practice a lot more strenuously than I would have liked and that also might be the cause of the headache / hangover that I have today. I was at work today and definitely felt more mentally exhausted than a physical exhaustion which to me is kind of scary. I'm thinking that it was from not being able to do it in a relaxed environment or doing too hard or strenuously for too long causing a sort of dopamine overload which turned into the hangover. Any sort of help or information will be very helpful and appreciated. Thank you very much.

Edited by - sebeast55 on Mar 26 2020 6:06:07 PM

Dogboy

USA
2192 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2020 :  9:50:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome sebeast55

Moderation indeed is the key, and you certainly over did your cultivation. In events like this, dial back your yoga practices and learn some grounding techniques, better yet, always incorporate grounding into your everyday activity for spiritual stability:

https://www.aypsite.org/69.html

If you do not have a meditation practice, heed the advice I just offered this practitioner:

https://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic...PIC_ID=18413

Good luck and report back in a while!
Go to Top of Page

sebeast55

USA
15 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2020 :  2:19:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have incorporating the I AM mantra meditation into my meditations recently. I have been doing them for about 2 months now, 30 minutes everyday. 10 minutes of deep spinal breathing and then 20 minutes of the I AM mantra. So far I have been experiencing a lot of good things from doing this practice so I will continue with this current meditation practice. It has been doing very well for me so far and I plan to continue doing it.

As for the self-cultivation, I have another question. When you use the hold back method, recently I have been masturbating till orgasm but to never ejaculate. I would orgasm but never release my semen. And then I would masturbate again and then reach orgasm and not ejaculate again. And then I would do it again. I believe this is the correct way to do the practice of non ejaculatory orgasms if I am correct. While doing this I also noticed that if I were to release, the amount of semen that I ejaculate is very little compared to what I think it should be. Ive read online that when I orgasm but don't ejaculate, instead I injaculate and the semen goes into the bladder or intestine and gets recycled so you don't lose the energy you gain from your semen opposed to the energy loss you would have from ejaculating. Also I think with this sort of injaculation comes the cultivation of the prana that has been stored in the genital area, am I right? When you masturbate like that and reach orgasm but don't ejaculate but instead injaculate, you are cultivating your prana energy and converting it into a different form of energy and letting it flow throughout your body. Am I right?

What I wanted to know though was what happens to your semen when you injaculate and how long does it take for that semen to be recreated and stored in your testicles? I practice semen retention as well and feel like that is a great source of being able to maintain a good health along with doing the practices taught here on this site. Any more help with some of these questions would be very helpful and much appreciated again. Thank you Dogboy for responding to my question and to anyone else willing to give any more help or information. It is very much appreciated. Thanks again.

Edit: one last question. How bad is it to ejaculate versus not ejaculating? Just wanted to know so i know how bad it is compared to not doing it while practicing self-cultivation. I know that there is a huge energy loss but what else is there that is bad if you were to ejaculate? Thanks for tge help and answers to the questions.

Edit: one more question and sorry for asking too many questions like this. If I were to do the hold back method, and my semen were to leave my testicles but not be ejaculated but injaculated into my bladder, how much weaker would I be opposed to practicing semen retention and keeping the semen in my genital area neither ejaculating nor injaculating? In injaculation your semen enters your bladder and then your body recycles it and creates it anew. I know you keep most of your energy within you when you injaculate opposed to ejaculate but opposed to practicing semen retention and having all of your energy stay with you, how much weaker am I injaculating opposed to semen retention? Sorry if this question sounds a bit confusing or ridiculous. Thank you for your help

Edited by - sebeast55 on Mar 27 2020 5:57:15 PM
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4363 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2020 :  09:26:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Sebeast55,

quote:
As for the self-cultivation, I have another question. When you use the hold back method, recently I have been masturbating till orgasm but to never ejaculate. I would orgasm but never release my semen. And then I would masturbate again and then reach orgasm and not ejaculate again. And then I would do it again. I believe this is the correct way to do the practice of non ejaculatory orgasms if I am correct.

If you are following the AYP teachings on tantric sexual practices, then what you are doing is not correct practice. The instructions in the AYP Tantra lessons are to always remain in front of orgasm if you can. This means staying away from anything that could be called a climax.

See this lesson:

Lesson T4 - The Holdback Method - A Stairway to Heaven

"When a man and woman are in lovemaking, the holdback method involves just what it says, holding back. It is done by the man. It is done before his orgasm, preferably not too close to his orgasm. The idea is not to get to the edge of orgasm and then hold back. It can be too late then," [Yogani]

"The holdback method is also called the "valley orgasm" method. The partners go up the side of the mountain of stimulation toward genital orgasm. Then they pause before they get there and slowly dip into a valley of pleasure higher than where they started. Then they go up with stimulation toward genital orgasm again, stopping before they get there, and dip back into a valley of pleasure again, this one higher than the first. And then they do it again, and again, and again. The mountains and valleys get higher and higher. In the end, the lovers are permeated with sexual essences, gone into a bliss state akin to deep meditation." [Yogani]

What you are doing, repeatedly reaching non-ejaculatory orgasm, is different. It will cause vajroli to happen (the drawing of the semen into the bladder), but can have detrimental effects in terms of energy loss over time.

If you practice pre-orgasmic sex (with or without a partner), then automatic vajroli will happen when the time is right. This is much more effective spiritually.

With regards to your other questions about energy loss, I would say just to notice what happens in your body.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

sebeast55

USA
15 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2020 :  12:45:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Christi for the answers to my questions and sorry if I was being a little pushy with all of those questions. I am checking out the lesson for vajroli and will continue to see what happens to my body. I am starting to practice retention again today and I've been doing the non-ejaculatory method instead of the holdback method. I feel I will use the hold back method when I feel the time is right. So far my energies have been surprisingly great or okay, but not at 100% as if I were practicing retention. But my energies are way better from doing non ejaculation over ejaculating. I will continue to practice retention and continue incorporating yogic methods into my life in order to better myself and better my life overall. Thanks again for your help Christi.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4363 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2020 :  1:46:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Sebeast,

Lesson T30 - Vajroli Mudra

See also

Lesson 51 - Strange Gurglings in Pranayama

Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2192 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2020 :  9:00:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hold Back should be considered your reserve parachute, used only in necessity. It takes disciplined adjustment to take the spotlight off of ejaculation and make the arousal state the endgame.
Go to Top of Page

sebeast55

USA
15 Posts

Posted - May 22 2020 :  5:41:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
To avoid making a new thread I wanted to ask another question here.

Is it okay to partake in challenges like NoFap where you practice semen retention and don't cultivate your sexual energy?

Is it a bad thing that I am choosing to retain my semen but not cultivate the prana energy that comes from it. Cultivating in the form of moving the pranic energy up through masturbation and staying in front of the orgasm.

Is it a bad thing that I don't practice self-cultivation and don't allow that pranic energy to move upwards and throughout my body?
Go to Top of Page

interpaul

USA
524 Posts

Posted - May 23 2020 :  2:14:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sebeast55, It isn't 100% clear to me what you are doing/asking. I am very familiar with NoFap. I actually found this website at the suggestion of someone on one of the nofap sites. Nofap in my mind is just a commitment to not ejaculate. Most of the Nofap sites also are no PMO. Solo tantric practices would violate the terms of no PMO. It sounds like you want to have your cake and eat it to.I get it as I've been there. I came to AYP when I realized nofap is just the physical act, transmutation/cultivation is a spiritual practice that can take advantage of the building energy. If you are not ejaculating, you are building pranic energy. In my case, three weeks into NoFap I had a kundalini opening with 2 hours of non ejaculatory orgasmic pleasure that kept me up in the middle of the night. This was what made me very curious about the power of this pranic energy and started me down this path. If you are mostly looking to have intense orgasms, which it sounds like you are trying to achieve, do that, but realize it may be a trap and may get you into overload problems. If and when you get interested in the spiritual aspects of this, dig in and start with AYP from the beginning. As Yogani teaches, Tantric sexual practices are imbalanced by themselves and more of a tool to enhance the stable meditation practices. Too much arousal and not enough silence will lead to Kundalini excess experiences. If you read many of the posts here on AYP you will hear many sad stories of people trying to find a way back to normal. Good luck to you.
Go to Top of Page

sebeast55

USA
15 Posts

Posted - May 23 2020 :  3:46:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Do you mean trying to find their way back to normal from having a bad yoga practice routine? That second to last sentence sounds very concerning but I have read a bit of the lessons on not only the forum but the main page as well, so I am informed a bit. I definitely have read that it is important to practice meditation before starting a lot of the yoga methods taught here on this site, and I think I have somewhat of a good start to continue doing some of the practices taught in here. So far I haven't experienced any problems yet but the only practices I have been doing so far is deep meditation and yoga as much as I can. Truthfully that's as much as I've been doing, I haven't really tried a lot of the other methods but I have read up on some.

What I'm saying with NoFap though is, I know that masturbating would be considered a relapse, even masturbating with orgasm but no ejaculation. What I want to know is because of the nature of NoFap, a lot of pranic energy gets stored up because you are retaining your semen. Some of the lessons on this site promote cultivating that pranic energy that's been stored from semen retention through self-cultivation, or practicing masturbation well before orgasm / ejaculation.

Would it be a bad thing for me to not cultivate this pranic energy and allow it to move up higher in my body instead of keeping that energy down there and sort of just stored? I know it would count as a relapse for NoFap but I just wanted to know if cultivating it through using the hold-back method / masturbating before orgasm taught on this site would be a good thing to allow that energy to move further up in my body instead of keeping that energy down there.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2192 Posts

Posted - May 23 2020 :  8:26:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Would it be a bad thing for me to not cultivate this pranic energy and allow it to move up higher in my body instead of keeping that energy down there and sort of just stored? I know it would count as a relapse for NoFap but I just wanted to know if cultivating it through using the hold-back method / masturbating before orgasm taught on this site would be a good thing to allow that energy to move further up in my body instead of keeping that energy down there.

quote:
Is it a bad thing that I don’t practice self-cultivation and don’t allow that pranic energy to move upwards and throughout the body?

If you are doing any kind of pranayama, breath with intention, you are moving pranic energy. SBP moves it up and down the spine, bastrika acts like a bellows and amplifies. Energy also moves without intention, so trying to “store it down there” may not even be a choice of yours. Meditation builds inner silence which is the counterbalance to energy, so you can find stability. The idea of bramacharya is keeping fuel in the tank, but igniting this fuel without sufficient silence as balance is where many incur trouble. And strict bramacharya is not encouraged; when energy is outperforming silence, it is best to release and reset bramacharya than to keep going, for stability’s sake.

Sexual practices without meditation and without release are flirting with a rude awakening. It is better to not practice withholding until you experience some inner silence.
Go to Top of Page

sebeast55

USA
15 Posts

Posted - May 24 2020 :  12:20:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
If I have experience with inner silence, would it be okay to continue on with Bramacharya indefinitely given that I continuously balance out the energies that I gain from it with meditation and yoga practices? I plan on practicing Bramacharya until I am able to find a partner who I can practice tantric sexual practices with.

Edited by - sebeast55 on May 24 2020 12:47:27 PM
Go to Top of Page

interpaul

USA
524 Posts

Posted - May 24 2020 :  3:13:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sebeast55, I think this goes back again to your goals and potential risks. In your original post you seemed to go back and forth between feeling you had over done it and felt great about it. In the end if your practices make you happy, you don't need the groups blessing. If you want to go deeper into the practices to achieve Unity, as Yogani describes it, and go down the path towards enlightenment, that may require a slightly different focus. As I had mentioned, these types of energy practices can lead to ecstatic states but if unbalanced, problems can occur. If you truly are in a steady state and happy where you are, continue with what you are doing. I think it also depends on your age. If you are a young man, practicing bramacharya for weeks or months without release can lead to imbalance that can be uncomfortable both physically and emotionally.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2192 Posts

Posted - May 24 2020 :  6:46:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
If you truly are in a steady state and happy where you are, continue with what you are doing. I think it also depends on your age. If you are a young man, practicing bramacharya for weeks or months without release can lead to imbalance that can be uncomfortable both physically and emotionally.

This.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - May 25 2020 :  04:13:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I plan on practicing Bramacharya until I am able to find a partner who I can practice tantric sexual practices with.

Hello Sebeast55
Do not go into the future and make plans , what if your partner does not want tantric sex?. Be comfortable now in the present and follow the excellent advises that were given to you
Go to Top of Page

sebeast55

USA
15 Posts

Posted - May 25 2020 :  10:04:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I did not mean for that to come off like it sounded, which is why I edited that post a few times because I was unsure if that sounded okay or not. I think I said that in the sense that tantric sexual practices allows you to last longer, which in turn allows your partner to be pleased as well, especially since I am the guy and it's possible we have the chance to not last as long for our partner. I didn't mean to say that in the sense that I just want my niche to be filled but as a man that is willing to strive for sex that is greater than just reaching for genital orgasm, but striving to please my partner also. I didn't mean for that to come off as bad as it sounded and if it did I apologise to you and myself as well. I'm sure I meant it in a way where I am able to please my partner and not in a way where it is selfish and self seeking. Again I do apologise if that came off wrong or did not sound right. I am sorry for that.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - May 26 2020 :  04:52:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Why apologize? There is absolutely no need to apologize.You have valid questions and you are a sensitive being that not only wants to have pleasure in a spiritual way but also you are concerned with giving pleasure to your partner. Few people think like that. That is great ,please do not change. There is nothing bad at all, and no need to apologize even to yourself.The advises that were given to you are very good.If you have more questions please do not hesitate to ask
Go to Top of Page

Presence Light

Algeria
26 Posts

Posted - May 28 2020 :  5:53:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all,
what is the appropriate period for sperm release (months / weeks), in order to create a balance.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2192 Posts

Posted - May 29 2020 :  09:39:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Presence

This is an individual decision based on a lot of factors, age, current yoga practices, karma, libido, to mention a few. I am in my sixties and with AYP for over six years and find every other week provides a balance for me, but even this is not set in stone. When I sense interior energy is high from ongoing arousal practices, and possibly interfering with my daily interactions I release to stay in front of overload. Trial and error.
Go to Top of Page

Presence Light

Algeria
26 Posts

Posted - May 29 2020 :  5:02:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Dogboy for answer.
Go to Top of Page

sebeast55

USA
15 Posts

Posted - May 30 2020 :  08:56:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Dogboy

Hello Presence

This is an individual decision based on a lot of factors, age, current yoga practices, karma, libido, to mention a few. I am in my sixties and with AYP for over six years and find every other week provides a balance for me, but even this is not set in stone. When I sense interior energy is high from ongoing arousal practices, and possibly interfering with my daily interactions I release to stay in front of overload. Trial and error.

What are some ways that you would notice that your interior energy is affecting your daily interactions?
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2192 Posts

Posted - May 30 2020 :  09:30:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I am the primary caregiver for my autistic teen daughter, and have added the sutras Patience and Playfulness to my samyama to assist in this demanding job. If I am irritated, annoyed, or have little patience with her, there is a knowing it is, in some part, due to bordering on overload from my practices.

Edited by - Dogboy on May 30 2020 09:34:34 AM
Go to Top of Page

sebeast55

USA
15 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2020 :  7:42:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
How bad is it to do the holdback method solo to help increase the staying power? I do semen retention / NoFap and have experienced a stronger sense of being and self. Lots of positive effects to my mind, body, and possibly my soul as well. I just experience not only more energy but a lot of the benefits that are listed under doing NoFap aswell. I don't know if this forum speaks on NoFap, but I do know that semen retention is spoken of. I'm scared / concerned that if I do implement doing the solo hold back method in order to help increase my staying power, my vitality that I gained from doing semen retention / NoFap will be affected. The life force that you gain from doing semen retention will be affected in some way.

I also believe doing this practice will be good for me as well. It will allow my built up energy in my genital area, or my sexual energy, to be cultivated from practicing and doing the solo holdback method. Instead of having all of that energy stay at my root chakra,I allow that energy to flow throughout my body and allow it to be cultivated, if that's what cultivating it means.

I am concerned about continuing with the solo hold back method in order to help me build my staying power. All of what I do is pre-orgasmic and I never reach the point of orgasm, not even allowing my semen to be released from my testicles to block it through the perineum or release through ejaculation. When I feel like I am about to reach orgasm I stop, wait, and then continue again after some time each time lasting longer from the time before from doing this, which I think is the correct way of doing it. I just don't know if continuing this practice is a good thing for me, by allowing my sexual energy that has been stored to be cultivated and increase my staying power as well, or if it will affect my vitality or life force that I gain from practicing semen retention. I am being cautious going forward with this practice and I am only going to be doing it in moderation as well. Any feedback is very much appreciated. Thank you.

Edit: also thank you Dogboy for responding to my question. I will definitely keep that in mind and watch out for these things in the future.

Edited by - sebeast55 on Jun 17 2020 7:56:51 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000