Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 Using the Hold Back Method & Recovery
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sebeast55

USA
15 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2019 :  8:55:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I've been using the hold back method for the past 9 days now and I do feel more energized than if I had ejaculated and let out my semen. A question I have though is that if doing this too much without letting your body recover is a bad thing?

These past 2 days I've been doing it a lot more than I put myself out to do. I planned to use this technique every other day for about an hour but these past 2 days I've been doing it a lot and for a longer time.

Is it necessary to let your body kind of "recover" or recuperate after using this technique? I first planned to do it 1 day and then the next day I would take off and allow my body to recover and then do it again the next day. Is it necessary to take days off while using this technique?

Also I don't think I'm going to be using this method anymore because I feel like this is something you should practice and experience with a partner instead of just by yourself. Sure you can last longer but I feel like growing with a partner in the beginning stages of where you are at is a good thing within a relationship, and you are able to grow together and grow with each other.

So I don't think I'm going to be doing this by myself anymore, but I'm not sure what other peoples thoughts on this are. Is practicing it by myself an okay thing to do? Or is it better to share this kind of experience with a partner? Sure I won't last long the first time with a partner but eventually you will get better and better as time goes on right? I just don't feel like this is something you should do alone. Maybe once you have a partner then you can do it alone. I'm not sure. What are you guys views on this?

edit: also does doing this technique force your semen to go into your bladder? What happens when this happens? Do I lose my semen in my scrotum and in turn my body would have to reproduce the semen that was lost? I'm not sure.

Edited by - sebeast55 on Oct 07 2019 9:02:30 PM

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2019 :  07:16:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Seabeast55,

As with all spiritual practices, Tantric sexual practices need to be self-paced. More is not necessarily better and can actually be detrimental. The other thing to bear in mind is that Tantric sexual practices are not very effective unless they form a part of a full-scope yoga system, including meditation, pranayama, mudras, bandhas and so on.

The hold-back method will generally not have any effect on the semen. We are staying in-front of orgasm, so the semen will simply remain in the testes. The exception to this is for yogis who are experiencing natural vajroli, in which case, semen is taken up into the bladder. From there it is transformed into soma and amrita in the higher centres.

There is more on combining tantric sexual practices with a full-scope yoga practice here:

Lesson T2 - Meditation, Bhakti, and Tantric Sex

And more on natural vajroli here:

Lesson 51 - Strange Gurglings in Pranayama

And in this podcast:

What is amrita?

Christi
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000