Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 Edging into enlightenment
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

interpaul

USA
524 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2019 :  12:07:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I've read a few posts that have looked at the difference between edging and preorgasmic sex. I do understand the differences but they both create arousal that is not consummated. My question for some of the more experienced practitioners of AYP is whether this is a realistic path. I have read studies talking about how unhealthy the practice of edging is as it causes repeated release of neurochemicals such as dopamine. This can lead to down regulation of receptors and ultimately blunt one's natural ability to feel pleasure. The AYP path is the first spiritual path I've found that feels super charged, that is charged with the life force. I want to believe this is a true path towards enlightenment and not just an esoteric path to getting incredibly horny.

The vision I've read from Yogani is by increasing ecstatic conductivity AND a quiet mind leads to 24/7 ecstatic bliss. Who wouldn't want that? But is it real? As I thought of an analogy this morning I imagined a balloon that gets pumped full of ecstasy and bliss until it gets so full it bursts releasing ecstasy and bliss into the world. Yogani's balloon would be akin to a perpetual motion machine. Science has proven you can't create energy, friction and entropy always lead to loss of momentum. With this idea of pumping our systems full of ecstasy, bliss and silence with the idea it will spill over into 24/7 ecstatic bliss seems too good to be true. Any wisdom you have to share would be much appreciated.

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2019 :  8:32:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
First of all, a good analogy.

People like Yogani have generously shared what they know. It is for us to verify and follow the path. Yogis have been doing this for thousands of years. So there must be something good there happening, albeit, in a minority.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2192 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2019 :  10:37:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I am coming to realize the silence is like the cheesecake, and energy the flavoring. A balanced samadhi isn’t necessarily a 50/50 split of the two, that silence attained and sustained through a disciplined practice is the key ingredient in stability. It is hard to imagine coping in everyday life under the influence of manic ecstatic bliss. I am of the understanding the 24/7 state is one of realization of deep abiding silence in body spirit and mind that is sparkled in pleasure and love.

You have awakened ecstatic conductivity, such a wonderful siddi that indeed makes you horny. From here you should tread carefully. The first year I pushed and pulled it a lot, let’s see what this baby can do! I became apparent this was “redlining my engine”, and in the long run unsustainable. When bliss arises, my first instinct now is ask if I am influencing it. The moment that immediately follows is the feeling that I am not, and that for me, seems to be the sweet spot. Over time, I believe, that moment becomes “muscle memory” so the inquiry would no longer be needed.

I have been blessed with another siddi: the ability to “hear” silence in my left ear, a sound similar to night peepers in the summer woods. It is there 24/7; in my everyday it is way in the background, almost inaudible; in my meditative or heightened spiritual states (even as I type this) is becomes hearty and full. I feel it is a blessing because it is a reference point, a gauge on the dashboard. Our “jobs” as yogis are to captain our ships through all kinds of waters, to know when to throttle up or down.

The silence is real. The bliss is real. Their importance and their influence on your path is real.
Go to Top of Page

interpaul

USA
524 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2019 :  01:04:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Jusmail for your perspective. It is a personal journey but it is nice to be encouraged by fellow journeymen and women.

Dogboy, Thanks again for reaching out in response to my question. Your words of caution were helpful in my prior question and a reminder to self pace and take my time. The desire for a change in life requires a willingness to push boundaries, run into the red zone at times and hopefully correct the course without loosing oneself in the process. I have removed kechari from my spinal breathing and meditation and that has helped to dial things back for me. I will find a new stable place and build up practices a little slower. I wonder if you would answer a follow up question from your experience. The increasing sexual energy coming from bramacharya and these AYP practices creates an even greater distraction pulling me back to carnal desires and the desire to release the energy. The more I do the practices the greater the buildup of the energy making it more and more distracting. I have not yet tried the samyama as it was discussed later in the course by yogani and I decided to stop reading new practices till I find a balance where I am. If you think this one is worth jumping ahead I can read it. If you have any other wisdom to share on how to not become overly distracted by the pull of the ever growing energy I'd be much appreciative.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2192 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2019 :  08:19:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Bramacharya is a practice meant to foster the upflow of sexual essence. In time it will become automatic, and you will feel less “loss” in the aftermath of release. In your case, I would go ahead and release when overwhelmed, and if the bramacharya is causing too much distraction then shelf that too. Like ketchari, pick it back up when things calm down.

Edit: Go ahead and read about samyama so can understand it, and make it your next upgrade after months of stability.

Edited by - Dogboy on Sep 07 2019 08:23:36 AM
Go to Top of Page

interpaul

USA
524 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2019 :  10:48:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Dogboy. I appreciate your support
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000