Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 Questions about mantra
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kevline

Reunion Island
3 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2019 :  4:47:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit kevline's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Namaste,
I've a simple question about mantra. First I got mine with my guru 3 years ago, I still repeat it each day.
Few days ago I dream of a mantra with the whole group of yoga and my teacher/guru. In the dream everyone chant it. When I woke up in night it resonate in my 'body' for few moments.
The mantra is different as the one I got from my guru. Anyway I'd like to have some precision about the beeja.
It was just 'Am' like the am in English for the prununciation. What do you think ? I ask my guru he just said it's a good dream and I can chant it. But you know curiosity ^^ so I'd like to know more about it if it's not too abstract.
Have a nice day.

Edited by - AYPforum on Apr 18 2019 01:47:12 AM

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2019 :  01:47:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2019 :  01:59:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello kevline

We don't know enough about your yoga method to advise you. We practice yoga by the AYP method here.

If you are happy with the method you are following and making good progress, it's best to stay with it and take your guru's advice. If you'd like to expand your knowledge of yoga, you are welcome to read through the lessons on this website and come back with any questions about AYP here, on this thread.

Regarding the mantra you have heard in your dream, it is somewhat similar to the I AM mantra, which we use in AYP. But we do not recommend using the mantra for chanting. The mantra is to be used during sitting meditations - details in Lesson 13. The mantra is for going inwards, deeper and deeper - that is the habit we want to develop. Chanting the mantra would interfere with that purpose.

All the best on your path.

Edited by - BlueRaincoat on Apr 18 2019 02:08:39 AM
Go to Top of Page

kevline

Reunion Island
3 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2019 :  06:11:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit kevline's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you.
The yoga we practice, is a traditionnal yoga like hatha yoga from (pradikipa), ashtanga too. He learn from a guru here where I live, and Swami Dayananda Saraswati guru of is guru too when he went in India to be a teacher. However it's not strict yoga with his rules (celibacy etc.).
By chanting the mantra, I think he mean repeat it silently or whispering, 'chanting in head' to be precise.
Anyway, I was curious about the dream and why this mantra, not mine for example I got from the deeksha. But thank you ;)
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2019 :  03:40:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Kevline

Perhaps, the French site will prove of assistance to you
https://www.aypsite.ch/

Sey
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000