Mind transformation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2006 :  1:01:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Good heavens... I do not even know what all those things mean yet. I started with plain meditation and went on with adding plain deep breathing pranayama. I just started to try mulabandha and sambhavi and it doesn't work at all when trying, so I guess I'd better quit trying at once. So I honestly don't know what to cut down...

Thanks a lot, though for the info, Shanti. Then I am doing the right thing, just letting it pass.

Thank you very much. Your help and concern is a blessing.

PS: Ah... I think your self-pacing advices comes from the perspective that "things usually goes smooth and when overdoing practices strong emotions bubble up". I think this is more the case for me: I have all my life been in emotional turmoil so "things usually goes with lots of frustration, depression and anger and when doing practices it generally smooths out, but sometimes I fall back into 'normal' behaviour". Sort of.

Edited by - emc on Dec 21 2006 1:51:24 PM
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2006 :  12:49:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by emc

I just started to try mulabandha and sambhavi and it doesn't work at all when trying, so I guess I'd better quit trying at once. So I honestly don't know what to cut down...

Hi EMC,

Thanks very much for your kind words, in response to my post -- and I'm glad at least some of the info was useful.

On the truly pragmatic level - how all of this relates to your sitting practices, and vice-versa -- it seems like your question above is the flip-side of your other one (should you "direct" orgasmic energy upward, in any way?).

And (Good News! ) - it seems like you're right on the cusp of your own answer (the guru is in you), per the following example:

You mentioned something about feeling like you might be nearing readiness for full kechari, because the tongue naturally goes up.

The operative word is "naturally".

I had a somewhat similar experience, regarding orgasmic energy - though having a male body this time around, it manifested somewhat differently in the beginning .... though currently, I doubt there's much difference at all .... I'll begin to feel the "foothills" of a mountainous orgasm while just sitting -- but a few months ago, I went with my intuition, and began a lot of proactive, and literally manual tantric solo practice, to "cultivate" this current stage and ability.

The reason I go into all that, is: I genuinely get (I think) what it feels like to have powerful energy (especially orgasmic energy) arise spontaneously - and have the mind wonder what to do about it.

(And as always, I think Yogani's advice is 100% on the mark -- the only reason I proceeded a bit differently than to "let it be" entirely, was that I felt 100% spiritual clarity concerning the rightness of the tantric solo practice --- if I hadn't, I would have very likely asked Yogani about it, just as you did.

I don't always feel such clarity - and don't rush full speed ahead, when that's the case (I've *finally* learned - at least somewhat! ).

So --- per my beginning comments in this post --- a good 90% or so of the answer you seek, seems as though it can be found in your current awareness, concerning what feels natural.

Stage 1 of kechari feels natural, so you let the tongue come up.

Sambhavi and mulabandha don't feel natural, and you appear to be in "kundalini overload mode" anyway --- so a combination of doing (or in this case, not doing) what feels natural and common sense would seem to say to put those things (mulabandha and sambhavi, specifically) on the shelf, for the time being.

(Plus, doing that, it's not nearly as likely that your head will explode and/or that you'll short out all your appliances! )

And yes, of course I'm joking - about your head exploding.

I don't know if anyone here has had glaringly different experiences - but I've always found that when it's truly time to add a practice (I'm thinking of sambhavi, in terms of a personal example from my own practice, this past year) -- when it was naturally the time for me to add sambhavi - I didn't make a concious decision to do so --- my body just did it.

My eyes went up, my concentration went to the brow center, and there was an ultra-subtle sense of muscular contraction between my eyebrows - automatically - just as my tongue went up, when it was time to start the early stage of kechari.

... And per my posts on my whole kechari mini-drama -- I *did* try to force kechari a bit ... and it just *wouldn't* work -- until it was naturally time to be able to go into Stage 2 kechari -- and then, it seemed almost too easy!

Likewise, when it was natural for me to draw orgasmic (or pre-orgasmic) energy upward --- it's what my body (physical and subtle) - wanted to do, and started to do, naturally.

With our physical sadhana (specifically sitting practices - the spinal breathing and meditation that are the cornerstones of AYP) - it's almost like we point our body-mind in the right direction, and much of it becomes like a snowball rolling downhill ... in a very good way!

As with your other post (about we make-up-less simian creatures who have been put here to annoy the bejeebers out of you, personally ... ) ----- it's when the mind gets involved that things get interesting - in much the same way that giving a feral ferret an significant quantity of high-grade, barely stepped-on cocaine, and releasing it into a formal dinner party, will cause things to get interesting .... as in: "soup may become spilled" .... ).

If you allow yourself to be guided by the guru who is in you -- you may well and truly find that you don't need to give nearly as much mental energy to all this (both sitting practices and daily angst ) - and that it will unfold in surprisingly natural ways, at exactly the right time.

One of my fave quotes on this topic:

"Life knows what it is doing" -- Adyashanti

We really, really don't have to try to control it.

ANY of it.

I understand (the "good people of AYP" have seen a lot more of how *my* mind works than many people -- and I imagine every one here may believe me when I say ....) - I understand what it is to have an active mind.

"It's a feral ferret, sure - but it's cute! And everyone enjoys a little high-grade cocaine now and then, and he seems kind of ADD-ish anyway, so it'll actually keep him quiet ... and women love cute, cuddly creatures, so maybe he'll be a bit of an icebreaker .... I'll just tuck him into my tux pocket here, and let him play by my feet, at the dinner party, if he needs some air ......."

What might well happen next could probably best be described as:

"Unintended Results"

So, when your mind starts yammering about the inherently annoying-as-crap nature of the male gender, or about how you're doing it all "wrong", or has all sorts of input from every possible angle, concerning what you should do with orgasmic energy in meditation ....

Just remember ....

"Back away from the ferret!"

Peace & Namaste,

Kirtanman

PS - I loved the extended poem-thingy in your last post -- with possible adjustment for gender ("She" instead of "He") -- I'm sure we've all been on one or both sides of that equation, regarding someone who just could not see what was "the matter" with them (personally, I've been that person - the subject of the poem - more than I've been affected by such a person's inability to accept my "holy help" .... but I have been on both sides.)

It's almost funny (hell, it *is* funny!) - how our minds can be SO sure they're right, right up to a certain point ..... (*giggle* "Something's tickling my leg ..... oh my God, it's an animal -- and it looks all coked-out .... oh my God, what's it doing to the soup bowl?! - aaaAAAaaaaAAAaaahhhhhh!!)

(And sure, some ancient Buddhist lineage may want to nail me for plagiarism --- but I personally find "Coked-Out Ferret" to be a much "fresher" illustration of the nature of the egoic mind, in comparison to that *way overused* monkey-mind thing .... ))

Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2006 :  3:06:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Kirtan, love your humor and way of writing! Thank you, a lot of what you write is very helpful!

Right you are - things come naturally and I should trust it. Ferrets... good picture!

About the poem, it is Laing's - I was not clear enough on that... I'll add his name again under it!

Yes, indeed, life knows what it's doing... As a response to this issue, this is what happened today:

I was in the city and passed by a chrystal store I had noticed before and had previously thought "Probably a new age chrystal shop, gotta check it out some day". Now I felt it was time. I went in and it was not new age at all - it was an expensive chrystal art shop. I looked around and found an artist who had made spiritual art, so I bought one piece as a gift for a friend who is coming to visit during Christmas. Then the owner started to talk, and don't ask me how we got into it, but he suddenly started to talk about the importance of honesty, the disaster of adultery, his own moral in regard to his wife, how you should never go to bed angry with each other, that you have to give each other freedom, the generousity he showed his customers, the importance of getting your life straight... He said "I don't have any customers". All who came to his shop were persons that he liked and cared for. He was 70 years old and had had 17 heart attacks and according to himself had "died 17 times". I started to cry and he came and gave me a warm hug. I talked to him for 30 minutes. It was absolutely wonderful!

Life wanted to show me an example of the noble man I have such trouble finding. Hm... perhaps it comes with age? My last partner was 48... I might go for an older one next time.

And talking about mind transformation - a funny thing have established itself in my mind. It is clearly visualized. One day I sat on the tube thinking negatively about myself. I thought "I am so good at coaching others, why don't I coach myself?" And I cloned myself into two. One of them got a jacket with a big S on it - S as in Soul Saver. S started to cheer the other one (that is "me") up and as a direct response, the phone of the person next to me rang. The signal was James Browns "I feel good".

Now, this S figure is like a mental fool showing up suddenly, always exaggerating what "me" is feeling, making fun of it, but in a very kind way in order to show me how silly I am believing my thoughts. If I feel bad it starts acting and jumping around like Michael Jackson singing "I'm bad"... etc. When I am serious and worry I see the fool in the corner of my eye being busy doing a hip hop head spin or something playful! It is truly great fun and I always start to laugh when I see what my clone soul saver is up to. When I get annoyed over women wearing make-up it directly starts putting on all the make-up in the world and being exactly what I don't like, to tease me (that is, showing me I have the very same character or behaviour myself). I love it. Do you think THAT jerk is my guru?

Edited by - emc on Dec 22 2006 3:32:46 PM
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2006 :  04:30:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by emc

Kirtan, love your humor and way of writing! Thank you, a lot of what you write is very helpful!

Thanks, EMC --- I genuinely appreciate your kind words.

Great post - love the story about the Chrystal shop guy, and the S-EMC coach!

My chiropractor is a good friend of mine, and I was her last patient today, so we got to talking -- and she was telling me about The Secret (I think you started the thread about it, a few weeks ago?) - and all the "strange" little synergies that have been happening to her lately.

Yet, those strange little synergies are the way life naturally flows - when we don't try to drive along with the "parking brake" of our mind engaged ("What's that smell? Uh oh ....!" )

Again - very nice post - thanks!

Peace & Namaste,

Kirtanman

PS - She loaned me The Secret; I'll probably watch it this weekend. I know it's supposed to be a bit basic, but some reminders can come at just the right time, too (either that or "all reminders always come at the just right time ... " )

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000