Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 New Movie - "The Fountain"
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2006 :  10:28:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
It was pretty good. Pretty weird. Lots of symbols that many of you yogis would enjoy. Check it out if you can spare a few bucks. Here is the trailer:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...888507220489

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2006 :  10:00:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Whoops I realized this is in the wrong section...I meant to post it in the Books area.
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2007 :  3:30:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have seen The Fountain now. It's climbing the lists here in Sweden - very popular! Weird and not for the mind - goes directly into the consciousness!

I totally blow away when I see it. The last scene sends me into ecstacy, bliss and lots of advanced automatic yoga positions noone probably has never seen before.

LOL!
Go to Top of Page

Black Rebel Radio

USA
98 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2007 :  6:07:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Black Rebel Radio's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Great movie. Caught it at the theater.
I would highly recommend it.

Cheers
Mac
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2007 :  12:24:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi EMC
quote:

I totally blow away when I see it. The last scene sends me into ecstacy, bliss and lots of advanced automatic yoga positions noone probably has never seen before.

If you've got a webcam you could record them and post them on Youtube. I'm sure we'd all love to see.

Actually this is interesting. Over the summer one of the people I was working with wanted to rent this video so that I could watch it because she wanted to see what would happen to me! (her words).

I haven't seen it yet as she couldn't get hold of it...

Edited by - Christi on Nov 15 2007 04:02:26 AM
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2007 :  04:08:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Haha!

Actually, I got hold of it in a mysterious way. At the Bernie Prior retreat last summer I was going to buy a dvd from Bernie with The Form. And he excused if it was bad quality since he copied them quickly. But in the envelope was this film instead! And when I thanked him for this film instead, he didn't have a clue of how it got there, since he didn't know of it, and he'd never even seen it himself! Life wanted me to see it... and fixed it!
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2007 :  11:46:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
O.K. I finally saw it.

Wow... what a movie. Beautiful. A must see. At one point I ended up on the ceiling in full lotus!

Seriously though, five stars for this one.

One question though (and without giving the ending away)... the guy in the bubble has to eat the bark from the tree to survive... what does that represent?
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2007 :  1:32:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
My impression: he was feeding off of his idea of her to keep him going in his pursuit for a cure.
Go to Top of Page

mufad

44 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2009 :  3:34:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit mufad's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Christi

O.K. I finally saw it.

One question though (and without giving the ending away)... the guy in the bubble has to eat the bark from the tree to survive... what does that represent?

My interpretation is that it is a lesson in "Self Pacing" !
Notice how carefully he takes a bit of the bark and relishes it - contrast that to how in the end he greedily gulps down the white sap flowing from the tree of life leading to overdose causing death.

So the lesson is take a little at a time and gradually work your way up - do not overindulge - too much of a good thing too soon could prove to be too bad !

2 cents,
Mufad.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000