New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

sadhak

India
604 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2007 :  01:26:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit sadhak's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Aditya,
(I'm certainly not accomplished in any manner ... 'sadhak' is one who studies, or does 'sadhana' like millions others. Everybody is a sadhak).

Thank you kindly for your practice notes on tratak. Did you do it with AYP or not? No matter...because you've stopped it in-between, and starting now will load your ayp meditation schedule.

There is also something about the correct distance between the flame and your eyes: I have had from one expert that it is exactly 2 feet. The flame should be at eye level. And the flame of a wick in clarified butter (ghee) gives different results from a candle flame or oil flame. The flame should be steady, and not wavering (so a draft free spot)

When I used to do tratak, I held on for max 10 mins. Usually 5 mins was enough. But I deliberately didn't want to prolong it. Also, after the gazing, I closed my eyes (as per instructions) and saw the flame or light at the ajna for a minute or so, and then filled my mouth with cool water, held it and spat it out. The water that came out used to unusually warm. The last step is advised to cool down. Otherwise you run the risk of 'over heating'. Swallowing that water is asking for trouble too.

The perception of lights after tratak, and during meditation, was also my experience, which is why I am looking at it again.

As for your seeing the light coming out of your fingers, I am unable to quote any one source, but have the impression from the various things I've read and listened to, that it might have been the result of your pineal gland activation. Why your wife could see it, I don't want to theorise... maybe someone here can offer a plausible explanation. But practices do make your general aura brighter, and the prana flows better... ocassionaly someone perceives this other than in your behaviour (i.e., physically). But ultimately, if it doesn't reflect on the organism's dealing with the world, and it's behaviour, I'd conclude all the phenomena is of only academic interest. And I guess we all want results.

Heck, did I really say that... correction... we all should be just doing what has to be without wanting anything. (Whew, this whole spiritual trip can trip you up. Sometimes I get nervous just opening my mouth, about what's coming out of it. )

If I restart tratak, will let you know here how it impacts the gen. ayp meditation. I'm verrrrry catious about starting anything new after all my former experiences. But would like to know if anybody is doing it now, and what they are experiencing... wouldn't you?

Go to Top of Page

aditya

82 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2007 :  08:39:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit aditya's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Hi Sadhak,

Thanks for sharing. I know you are accomplished and that is why I referred you as accomplised one.

I did tratak without any expert help and by reading various people on internet. I experimented with various aspects of the same. Distance - you are correct - two feet is good for people with normal vision. My eyesight is myopic so for me 2 feet would have been straining(it was). So I adjusted it to roughly 3-4 feets. It was not on the level of eye really - that was again because of slight cylindrical vision with my eyes. HE did not put his best effort in creating me you see. But then you are right on this one too.

Ghee is nice thing to have - I tried with ghee lamp as well. Flame was very susceptible to movement with slightest air and was pretty distracting. But I guess it would have definitely yielded better results.

I am not sure why my wife could see it and people will scoff if I suggest that she could see it due to her religious and pure way of life. But then I also feel that anyone with reasonable clarity could have seen that shade/light - it was so clear.

I shouldn't have said that nothing happened to me with tratak. It helped me concentrate. I could feel myself turning inwards and I could see my anger getting reins. Sometimes (again involuntarily) I get a feel of things before they happen and get a feel of people before I start talking. Also I get a feel for people who are accomplished or who are about to gain something, sometimes by talking if the person is disturbed etc or even lost. Sometimes I can feel that person is arguing for the heck of it and how to be more polite to make him/her introspect. Then I get a feel that I am also being 'watched' for my feelings by others without knowing. It is not scary - it is just a natural feerless thing - accept it. Sometimes dreams become meaningful too. I hope I did not get carried away too far in elaborating.

I will try the water thing with next tratak.

I do ayp as part of my practices but it is not all. In fact I am not sure if I have enough faith to pursue from all sides, but spinal breathing and followed by a merging in meditation is what is daily must for me. Other than that I do Pranayam for sure.

I agree to what you said in last part of your post. I would like to hear from people too and if possible have an insight on Sun and moon tratak as well.

quote:
Originally posted by sadhak

Hi Aditya,
(I'm certainly not accomplished in any manner ... 'sadhak' is one who studies, or does 'sadhana' like millions others. Everybody is a sadhak).

Thank you kindly for your practice notes on tratak. Did you do it with AYP or not? No matter...because you've stopped it in-between, and starting now will load your ayp meditation schedule.

There is also something about the correct distance between the flame and your eyes: I have had from one expert that it is exactly 2 feet. The flame should be at eye level. And the flame of a wick in clarified butter (ghee) gives different results from a candle flame or oil flame. The flame should be steady, and not wavering (so a draft free spot)

When I used to do tratak, I held on for max 10 mins. Usually 5 mins was enough. But I deliberately didn't want to prolong it. Also, after the gazing, I closed my eyes (as per instructions) and saw the flame or light at the ajna for a minute or so, and then filled my mouth with cool water, held it and spat it out. The water that came out used to unusually warm. The last step is advised to cool down. Otherwise you run the risk of 'over heating'. Swallowing that water is asking for trouble too.

The perception of lights after tratak, and during meditation, was also my experience, which is why I am looking at it again.

As for your seeing the light coming out of your fingers, I am unable to quote any one source, but have the impression from the various things I've read and listened to, that it might have been the result of your pineal gland activation. Why your wife could see it, I don't want to theorise... maybe someone here can offer a plausible explanation. But practices do make your general aura brighter, and the prana flows better... ocassionaly someone perceives this other than in your behaviour (i.e., physically). But ultimately, if it doesn't reflect on the organism's dealing with the world, and it's behaviour, I'd conclude all the phenomena is of only academic interest. And I guess we all want results.

Heck, did I really say that... correction... we all should be just doing what has to be without wanting anything. (Whew, this whole spiritual trip can trip you up. Sometimes I get nervous just opening my mouth, about what's coming out of it. )

If I restart tratak, will let you know here how it impacts the gen. ayp meditation. I'm verrrrry catious about starting anything new after all my former experiences. But would like to know if anybody is doing it now, and what they are experiencing... wouldn't you?

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000