AYPsite.org Forum
 Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 White cow
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Neesha

215 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2006 :  2:45:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hey guys,

I came across this
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samadhi
quote:
The whole vicinity lay bare before me. My ordinary frontal vision was now changed to a vast spherical sight, simultaneously all perceptive. Through the back of my head I saw men strolling far down Rai Ghat Road, and noticed also a white cow who was leisurely approaching. When she reached the space in front of the open ashram gate, I observed her with my two physical eyes. As she passed by, behind the brick wall, I saw her clearly still.

You see I knew it..........

I saw this cow she's beautiful..........really white and nice
what really is the significance of this animal.........I assumed it was brahma............at first

Namaste

Edited by - Neesha on Nov 21 2006 4:11:51 PM

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2006 :  3:27:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Neesha

I'm not a scholar on white cows, or much else for that matter. I do think I know the signifigance of Paramhansa Yogananda's seeing of a white cow in the passage you offered from "Autobiography of a Yogi". I believe he was sharing a description of a still state of being, or a samadhic experience. Funny though, cows have been coming up today. Over on a Zen forum there is a discussion about a half of a cow in an artistic display somewhere. I'm not involved in that discussion so couldn't tell you more.

Peace, Alan

Edited by - Balance on Nov 21 2006 3:40:04 PM
Go to Top of Page

Kyman

530 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2006 :  3:41:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kyman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I've seen no cow, but have experience alterations in vision. Extreme 3d is the only way to describe it.
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2006 :  4:15:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You say "she's beautiful". Being a mother cow perhaps she is a symbol of Divine Mother, creator/provider, pouring out her life-nourishing milk to feed and sustain her children.
Go to Top of Page

Neesha

215 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2006 :  4:16:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Balance

Hi Neesha

I'm not a scholar on white cows, or much else for that matter. I do think I know the signifigance of Paramhansa Yogananda's seeing of a white cow in the passage you offered from "Autobiography of a Yogi". I believe he was sharing a description of a still state of being, or a samadhic experience. Funny though, cows have been coming up today. Over on a Zen forum there is a discussion about a half of a cow in an artistic display somewhere. I'm not involved in that discussion so couldn't tell you more.

Hi thanks for sharing your view.......but I do not agree with you
I know what I saw and it was not one cow it was a herd of cattle.....with the white one at the front just like in the pictures and it was very real (well to me only ...that day)

A few months after I constantly smelled cow dung and now with Hare Krishna "devotees" people they are surrounded with the same scent.....

Edited by - Neesha on Nov 21 2006 4:24:30 PM
Go to Top of Page

Neesha

215 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2006 :  5:03:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Balance

Being a mother cow perhaps she is a symbol of Divine Mother, creator/provider, pouring out her life-nourishing milk to feed and sustain her children.

I know the divine mother sustains me now.......

At that time the only words that came out my as aforementioned in another post ........is brahma

Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2006 :  5:03:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting experience. Thanks for sharing. Enjoy!
Go to Top of Page

Doc

USA
394 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2006 :  03:19:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit Doc's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Holy Cow! Must have been a very m-o-o-o-ving vision, eh?

http://personal.carthage.edu/jlocht...ties/cow.jpg
(Click on the image for a enlarged view)

Hari Om!

Doc

Edited by - Doc on Nov 22 2006 03:30:39 AM
Go to Top of Page

Neesha

215 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2006 :  06:40:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

What's up Doc?

Yep that's definitely the cow I saw except for all the jewellry

Thanks.

Namaste.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000