Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 22 truths
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Wolfgang

Germany
470 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2006 :  12:42:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Wolfgang's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I found this on a website ( http://www.shankari.com/shankari_wo...shankari.htm )
and although some points don't resonate completely with me,
a lot of points do resonate.
Just wanted to share this, may be its helpful for others too.

*******Quote begin******

1. Whatever we are experiencing, we agreed to in advance. (That's a real hard one to swallow, isn't it?)
2. There is never anyone to blame but ourselves for anything and everything we experience.
3. Nothing is random.
4. Everything is interwoven, so no action stands alone.
5. Everything is an outcome of something else.
6. We create what we fear.
7. If we judge something, we will become guilty of the same.
8. If we can see the quality in another, it is within us also...(Jesus, Buddha and other enlightened Beings see everyone as beautiful and perfect because they are so themselves.)
9. We will always be working to make ourselves right about whatever it is we believe to be true. (So, to have a new experience of life, we must change what it is we want to be true and therefore right about.)
10. Our imagination is our strongest tool of power because it provides us with the vision of what we believe. (This is why it is so important to be in control of your power to imagine and so important to feed it the strong, healthy fuel of unconditional self-love and self-respect...the bedrock for a life of joy and freedom.)
11. Change is constant, so nothing stays the same...whether good or bad...for long.
12. Life is eternal. Nothing ever dies. It only transforms and occupies different forms in different environments.
13. We live in a multi-layered universe that is constantly moving and changing. Joy follows our ability to adapt and flow with the currents of the eternal now. (Pain follows our inability to adapt and stay in the moment.)
14. True intimacy is an outcome of shared challenges.
15. This is an egocentric world where everyone is the center of their own universe of experience.
16. Everyone is an innocent victim of everyone else.
17. No one is more guilty or innocent than anyone else.
18. Everyone is growing at their own rate and life is not a competition...(not a race to the finish line with only one winner and a bunch of losers!)
19. Isolation is not the solution! It is a self-imposed punishment. (Humans are designed to live in social groups for the purpose of joy and intimacy.)
20. All self-inflicted pain is a waste of time. (The audience who cares is smaller than you think.)
21. Time is not really linear; it is spherical. (Humans have all agreed to keep thinking of time as linear because it is easier to manage that way. Maybe that's why we have so much trouble with it!)
22. Freedom, joy and success are a state of Being. Love made manifest...is our essence.

*******Quote end******

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2006 :  12:51:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Wolfgang.
Most of these would have been absolute rubbish at one point of time in my life.. now I think I agree with almost all of it.. and have an understanding of it in my head.. which of course has changed and will continue to change with time, as my awareness changes.
I think I will print it and write down what I think each line means today.. and keep a track of how it changes over time.. maybe interesting to watch my perspectives change..
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2006 :  3:39:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Wolfgang

As I read them I could feel/see shapes and patterns of each truth touching energetic responses in places in my body. Some of them have emotional components.

Edited by - Balance on Nov 21 2006 3:42:15 PM
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2006 :  9:02:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sounds kinda kooky, I knowBut 'tis what i felt in a quiet moment as I read these
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000