New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

BeezBuzz

Australia
39 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2018 :  04:45:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Agreed ^^^
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2018 :  05:38:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
spot on mr mcuddly
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
867 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2018 :  07:23:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by MrCuddly

The real joys of God and self are to be experienced by you directly. There can be guidance but no shortcuts.

Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2018 :  09:02:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

MrCuddly

USA
43 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2018 :  9:41:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh wow - when my post took awhile to be approved I figured it was too controversial. Seeing it was actually posted I expected angry comments but ALL were positive! Forgot what an exceptional group of folks there are here.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2242 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2018 :  10:03:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Forgot what an exceptional group of folks there are here.

Agreed!
Go to Top of Page

snake

United Kingdom
277 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2018 :  02:08:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I love Joel S Goldsmiths understanding as expressed in eg the infinite way
Go to Top of Page

Herb

Canada
111 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2018 :  11:16:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I just checked in, in between two hollidays. I just love all the responses and advice. I never realized before how many other Christians there were here and how positive and open everyone's advice is on Christianity.

I don't have the time to make as detailed a post as I would like, or to edit it as much as I usually do, but just wanted to relate how I personally got a much different impression of the Bible than Wondered:

Before becoming enlightened or God realized, I had tried for years to read the Bible, but it just put me to sleep every time I tried. I joined the Church after marrying a devout Catholic and then heard brief readings from the Bible on a weekly basis for over 20 years, but could never actually sit down and read it without nodding off.

Inspired by a book called The Way to God: Selected Writings from M. Ganghi, I learned how to pray effectively and then, in 2012, just seconds into deep, open hearted prayer, it happened. I had a powerful conversion experience and became God realized or enlightened. As soon as that happened I started to read the New Testament from the beginning. But no sooner had I finished the Gospels and started into Acts, when the holy Spirit impelled me back into the Gospels again. I continued like this, re-reading the Gospels over and over as I ever so slowly made my way through the rest of the Bible. I also joined a seminary and studied a few of the individual "books" of the Bible in depth and that gave me access to two outstanding Bible proffessors/scholars who were happy to answer any and all of my questions.

Working through the Bible like this took 16 months to read it cover to cover. Those 16 months were like a mystical dream to me now. During that time I had many, many powerful experiences of God. Many of them came upon me while I was reading the Bible. I'd be reading along when a certain verse would almost jump right out at me. I'd fall into reverie and mediate on that verse losing all connection with the outside world. Sometimes God would give me an interpratation of a verse that would help me with some aspect of my life.

My understanding of God from all that is very much in line with pretty much what all the replies to Wondered's were. He is very much against me being violent in any way, shape or form. From the very instant of my conversion I was commanded to "Stop all the violence!" in my life. I come from a super violent background where I had to fight to survive as a child and was heavily involved in martial Arts, Boxing and wsrestling from my childhood on. So much so that violence had taken over my whole life. On April 3, 2012 God helped me put an end to that and I have embraced a life of absolute non violence ever since. And the Bible has been a part of that.

For me it is all about love, respect and tollerance of all mankind. The more love I give to people, especially those most in need, the more of God I find in my new life. The more I isolate myself away from those in need and become self-centered and selfish, the less of God I have.

"God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him."
1 John 4:16b

Edited by - Herb on Jan 19 2018 2:03:49 PM
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2018 :  02:19:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I just checked in, in between two hollidays.

a blessed life Herb....
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000