New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2017 :  05:07:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi filip,

It is the case that prana will tend to flow towards where the attention is placed, and energetic centres in or close to that location can become activated. This can create an energetic imbalance if you are using practices that are unsafe, and if you are not being given proper spiritual guidance. It could be wise to stop doing the practices that locate attention in your head.

You have received some good advice already in this thread from many people who are very experienced at working with kundalini and who understand the process from their own experience of going through that journey. It may be good to pay attention to what people here are saying here. They are giving you sound advice. You could go all the way to Tibet, only to find that they will tell you pretty much the same thing.

Do remember that if you search for something on the internet, you will tend to find it. That is the way that search engines are designed. They are designed entirely to present people with what they are looking for. They are not designed to give a balanced perspective on what is happening in the population as a whole, or even in a segment of that population.

In this particular forum we offer support for people who are going through difficult kundalini awakenings who are not using the AYP yoga system. So we are inviting people from all over the world, who are having difficulties, to come here for help. It is like an accident and emergency room which is freely available to anyone who wants to make use of it. If you look around you will find people going through similar difficulties to the ones you are going through. That does not mean that their experiences are common experiences, it just means that you are in the accident and emergency room.

There are certain spiritual practices which can be dangerous if not used in the right way and at the right time. Some of the practices that you have mentioned would fall into this category, such as the breath of fire and binural beats. These could be good practices to avoid for the time being. Later on you could use them, but only after you have reached a point of balance and stability and with the proper guidance from someone who is much further down the road than you are.

You may find this lesson useful on what kundalini is:

Lesson 54 - Kundalini - A Code Word for Sex

And also these two lessons:

Lesson 69 - Kundalini Symptoms, Imbalances and Remedies

Lesson 125 - Kundalini Heat

There are also a number of lesson additions in the AYP Plus site (a subscription site) that you may find helpful:

Addition 125.3 - Tibetan Buddhist Tummo and Kundalini Heat

Addition 125.1 - A Premature Kundalini Awakening

Addition 261.1 - A Case of Premature Kundalini Awakening

Addition 297.1 - Yogani's Kundalini Experience?

Addition 297.4 - Are Kundalini and Shakti the Same Thing?

Christi
Go to Top of Page

filip

Slovenia
26 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2017 :  2:52:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Omsat

Hi Filip,

On top of the advice you've already been given, I would add, drinking plenty of water, and gradually building up a strong horse stance for extended durations of time. It is a powerful active grounding practice. If you can spend relaxed time with people that have a pronounced grounded feeling to them (farmers usually are very grounded) and get into their world, that may help as well.
Slovenia is known as the lungs of Europe with splendid nature, so there's no need to go far to Tibet, but why not if you feel so inclined.

I am doing Tai Chi posture , horse stance is something similar although you go down more.

Actually I am from Serbia :) but there was no option for my country so I had choose closest one with S :)

[quote]The issues will pass.

Best of luck

I live for the day to come.Thank you so much.
Go to Top of Page

filip

Slovenia
26 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2017 :  3:09:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Christi

Hi filip,

It is the case that prana will tend to flow towards where the attention is placed, and energetic centres in or close to that location can become activated. This can create an energetic imbalance if you are using practices that are unsafe, and if you are not being given proper spiritual guidance. It could be wise to stop doing the practices that locate attention in your head.

You have received some good advice already in this thread from many people who are very experienced at working with kundalini and who understand the process from their own experience of going through that journey. It may be good to pay attention to what people here are saying here. They are giving you sound advice. You could go all the way to Tibet, only to find that they will tell you pretty much the same thing.

Do remember that if you search for something on the internet, you will tend to find it. That is the way that search engines are designed. They are designed entirely to present people with what they are looking for. They are not designed to give a balanced perspective on what is happening in the population as a whole, or even in a segment of that population.

In this particular forum we offer support for people who are going through difficult kundalini awakenings who are not using the AYP yoga system. So we are inviting people from all over the world, who are having difficulties, to come here for help. It is like an accident and emergency room which is freely available to anyone who wants to make use of it. If you look around you will find people going through similar difficulties to the ones you are going through. That does not mean that their experiences are common experiences, it just means that you are in the accident and emergency room.

There are certain spiritual practices which can be dangerous if not used in the right way and at the right time. Some of the practices that you have mentioned would fall into this category, such as the breath of fire and binural beats. These could be good practices to avoid for the time being. Later on you could use them, but only after you have reached a point of balance and stability and with the proper guidance from someone who is much further down the road than you are.

You may find this lesson useful on what kundalini is:

Lesson 54 - Kundalini - A Code Word for Sex

And also these two lessons:

Lesson 69 - Kundalini Symptoms, Imbalances and Remedies

Lesson 125 - Kundalini Heat

There are also a number of lesson additions in the AYP Plus site (a subscription site) that you may find helpful:

Addition 125.3 - Tibetan Buddhist Tummo and Kundalini Heat

Addition 125.1 - A Premature Kundalini Awakening

Addition 261.1 - A Case of Premature Kundalini Awakening

Addition 297.1 - Yogani's Kundalini Experience?

Addition 297.4 - Are Kundalini and Shakti the Same Thing?

Christi

Hi Christi ,

I have subscribed and will start from Tibet Tumo lesson . But will eventually read all of them . Thank you for directing me.

I know Tibet is long journey and they too don't have magic stick but when man is desperate all kind of ideas start to occur.

The question that I always wanted to ask someone experienced like you is something that really confuses me. This of course question for anyone on forum.

We often speak of energy but if this is really energy what is for instance happening to my head , then how come we cannot measure it, see it or scan it? And also when we use word spirituality then how come we feel physical symptoms, isn't spirit spouse to be different from matter?
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2017 :  6:25:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi filip,

Going to Tibet would certainly be an amazing experience. If you go looking for answers to specific questions though, it could be quite frustrating. If you go with an open mind and an open heart, it would be very fruitful. The people are amazing. I have never been to Tibet, but I lived for about 6 months in a Tibetan Buddhist monastery in the Himalayas. Tibetan people would come over the passes sometimes, on their way to refugee camps in India.

Prana, or the subtle energy that forms nadis and chakras and which flows through nadis and chakras, is essentially invisible to most people and cannot be detected by any scientific instruments that we have at the moment. But it can be felt in the body and can be seen by some people who have an awakened inner eye.

And there is a connection between what happens on the subtle level (the subtle neurobiology) and the physical. It is not a strong connection, but it is there. For example, prana moving up from the root chakra through the subtle body will often cause digestion to slow down. A strong upward flow of prana can also change the way bodily fluids move. So it is not the case that the subtle spiritual densities have no connection to the physical densities.

As we progress on the path we can see, feel and hear aspects of the subtle worlds including our own subtle body. So even though we do not have scientific instruments that can detect these things, we also don't need them, just as we don't need a scientific instrument to detect a flower that is in front of us, because we can see it with our eyes.

All of this is really a side effect of spiritual awakening and simply something that happens on the way. Some of it is pretty amazing and it is easy to get side-tracked by the energetic aspects of the path. Making the cultivation of inner silence the main focus of spiritual awakening helps to keep the focus on the goal of yoga, which is freedom (moksha), unity and living as an expression of divine love. The energetic side of awakening is important as it cannot be bypassed, but if it becomes the main focus, things can get out of balance pretty quickly.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Will Power

Spain
415 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2017 :  05:52:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Great posts.

Filip, have you considered going to an accupunturist to relieve the headache? They measure (not with instruments, but with their fingers) 3 different type of pulses and treat you accordingly.

Best wishes

Go to Top of Page

filip

Slovenia
26 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2017 :  2:29:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Will Power

Great posts.

Filip, have you considered going to an accupunturist to relieve the headache? They measure (not with instruments, but with their fingers) 3 different type of pulses and treat you accordingly.

Best wishes

Yes I have . I first did like twenty treatments at one acupuncturist, unfortunately with no success then I found Qi Gong guy and did about twenty more treatments with him but without success as well.
I made friendship with him , he even contacted director of Medical QiGong institute in China for advises where to put needles. Oh yes, before this Tibet idea I wanted to go to China but they also told that there is no need to come and that I can do exercises at home. They advised me to do exactly same exercises which were recommended in thread about kundalini overload channels here on ayp.
Go to Top of Page

Omsat

Belgium
267 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2017 :  6:31:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by filip

I am doing Tai Chi posture , horse stance is something similar although you go down more.

Actually I am from Serbia :) but there was no option for my country so I had choose closest one with S :)

Hi Filip,

Not familiar with Serbia, but I think it should be beautiful too. :)

I imagine your Tai Chi practice to be a slowly flowing practice?
It may have similar beneficial effects, but I think the horse stance will help you much more in targeting grounding, especially when you master holding it for longer durations of time. Your body remains static (to the eye) in this practice. Internally, much is going on, as you will be aware if you try it.

Wish you a smooth recovery.
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2017 :  03:12:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Omsat,

I was curious to what horse stance posture is and looked it up. Surprised to see it's a posture I learned from my first yoga teacher, he had a background in martial arts.
He never used names, or I did not pick them up then, that might be possible too.
I used and use it quite often, it made me strong.
These days I use horse stance too in my teachings ( without knowing a name) and can easily see progression in strength in people.
Thanks for the info
Go to Top of Page

Omsat

Belgium
267 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2017 :  06:32:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Charlie,

Thank you for sharing your experience with the horse stance.

Yes, it is a posture very well known in martial arts and practised for an hour every day by some monks to build phonemonal stamina, power and strength. This posture achieves this by supercharging the root chakra, our gravity center, the most physical and dense chakra. It's the most effective way to ground that I know of with impressive overall health effects.

All yoga asanas have a subtle effect of invigorating or relaxing one or more of the chakras. It can be helpful for yoga teachers to be aware of the effects of each asana for teaching a balanced practise and for individualized help to students.

PS: It's important to learn good form to avoid knee injuries!
Most people could start with holding the posture for less than half a minute and gradually build up.
Go to Top of Page

filip

Slovenia
26 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2017 :  3:18:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

Hi Filip,

Not familiar with Serbia, but I think it should be beautiful too. :)

I imagine your Tai Chi practice to be a slowly flowing practice?
It may have similar beneficial effects, but I think the horse stance will help you much more in targeting grounding, especially when you master holding it for longer durations of time. Your body remains static (to the eye) in this practice. Internally, much is going on, as you will be aware if you try it.

Wish you a smooth recovery.

Thank you Omsat,I will go for it.
Do you happen to have some video how to perform exercise just in case I don't make similar mistake like with meditation :)

BTW this week I had only three cigarettes and I am starting with journal ...I have to overcome this

Go to Top of Page

Omsat

Belgium
267 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2017 :  5:18:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Thank you Omsat,I will go for it.
Do you happen to have some video how to perform exercise just in case I don't make similar mistake like with meditation :)

BTW this week I had only three cigarettes and I am starting with journal ...I have to overcome this

Hi Filip,

You're welcome.

The most important points to avoid potential knee issues are:
1. Make sure your knees are pushed outward.
2. Your knees should not be higher than your hips (in other words, don't come down so far that your behind would be lower than your knees).

In the strict form, the feet point to the front, but in the beginning it may be wiser to allow your toes to point outwards as much as makes you feel comfortable. This will help in making sure your knees are outwards (point 1.) without straining the knees if mobility is lacking.

Ideally, to get the most benefit from the pose, your thighs will be parallel to the ground.
This may be hard to accomplish with a straight back at first, in which case you could let your back rest against a support (tree/wall).

Hope this helps.

Good luck with grounding and making progress with healthy habits. That should help a lot with the head pressure. Remember to drink lots of water; it helps with kundalini issues and is very important to help your body get rid of toxins as you let go of the cigarettes.

Edited by - Omsat on Sep 27 2017 03:54:54 AM
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2017 :  04:27:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi filip,

I was curious to horse stance (as I never heard the name) as I mentioned previously, I found this video. In yoga it is important to not force yourself into a pose, he shows how to gradually built and warm up. Do keep in mind that every physical body is different, so it is very well possible your feet are closer to each other. Be careful with the knees, pain is never a good sign.

https://youtu.be/kXWtk3NLESk

Good luck with changing lifestyle, you sound as on your way
Go to Top of Page

filip

Slovenia
26 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2017 :  11:56:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you guys for advises , Charlie video is good and there is more of it on youtube which is good.

I couldn't do it well because my legs are killing me , I done leg press yesterday in gym but as soon as I start if I find this helpful I will go for an hour like monks do

Thank for caring.
Go to Top of Page

filip

Slovenia
26 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2017 :  11:57:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Good luck with changing lifestyle, you sound as on your way

Will see, damn thing has been resistant to all by now, world is still crumbling around me but I will give my best to remain positive.
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2017 :  02:11:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
'You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf'
~Jon Kabat-Zinn

Love&Light
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1731 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2017 :  5:45:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
2. Your knees should be higher than your hips (in other words, don't come down so far that your behind would be lower than your knees).

You mean "Your knees should not be higher than your hips", right? Or is my head easily confused at this time of day?
Go to Top of Page

Omsat

Belgium
267 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2017 :  03:53:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by BlueRaincoat

quote:
2. Your knees should be higher than your hips (in other words, don't come down so far that your behind would be lower than your knees).

You mean "Your knees should not be higher than your hips", right? Or is my head easily confused at this time of day?

Hi Blue,

Yes, absolutely, knees should not be higher than hips!

Thanks for spotting this. I will edit it in my post now.

Omsat
Go to Top of Page

kart12345

United Kingdom
36 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2017 :  2:41:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Guys Please help me. my kundalini has been awakened long ago and it moves easily till my shoulder level, (My kundalini energy) It used to struck at my shoulder. with breathing exercises and meditation I somehow managed to move it a bit above. But when i try to push it (using breathing while meditating) I feel pain in the nerves which runs from the root of the right side of the neck till into my right side eye all the way travelling on top of my (right side of the)head, so the pain runs along the nerves taking nerve pattern path moving from the root of the neck and into my right eye.
I have ADHD.
My right brain feels lighter than left brain.
Now a days I feel pressure on the top of the head and hard bone of my nose. (breath focused on nerves gives pain, only meditation gives pressure on the hard bone of the nose.)
Question:
1)Is pain common?
2) Has kundalini taken all the path up the spine and now trying to travel to my heart?(that's why i feel pressure on nose?)
3)r these 3rd eye opening symptoms?
Thank you for reading all this with patience.
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2017 :  4:46:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi kart,

I had pain, still have some. It may be better to start a new topic with your specifics.

I had a one-side crown awakening which sounds similar to yours. I get frustrated, too. We are all one ' til you have a problem.
Go to Top of Page

kart12345

United Kingdom
36 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2017 :  04:06:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
ok I will start a new thread
Go to Top of Page

filip

Slovenia
26 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2017 :  2:25:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi everyone,

My head pressure has lessen a little bit since I last time wrote here but it is still there unfortunately .
Meanwhile Qigong teacher from my town went in China for conference at Qigong medical institute in Shangai and there he spoke about my issue with people experienced in dealing with energies. He found guy that cures symptoms like mine with chi energy and connected me with him, he sent me some videos how he do that . He basically cures without touching people, on videos he sent me people were moving heads as he would move his fingers which were behind their head and could not see by any chance that he moves fingers. Oh yes they had their eyes closed.
Really impressive and authentic since it he told me this is technique being performed for 3000 years. He also told me he would train me real qigong.
Since this has happened to me I became cautious and did some survey and it turns out that qigong can be quite dangerous as well,I am afraid I am prone to this stuff.
c
Does anyone know about such techniques , how safe they are? Can I get more screwed? Anyone please, perhaps Christi.
Go to Top of Page

Will Power

Spain
415 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2017 :  1:29:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi filip, there are hundreds of techniques in Qigong, potentially you can get more screwed, potentially you can get better and more grounded.

Best wishes
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000