Member Announcements - Events, Classes & Retreats
 7 day AYP Retreat, Menla, U.S.A. June 2018
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Christi

United Kingdom
4363 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2017 :  2:24:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi guys,

Next June Blanche and I will be running a 7 day AYP retreat at the Menla Retreat Centre in the Catskill mountains in New York State.

It is a really beautiful retreat centre in an amazing location. It will be my first time teaching in America and I am looking forward to meeting some of the USA practitioners and others from around the world who would like to attend.

The dates are set for the 15th to the 21st June.

Details are on Blanche's website here. Contact her here if you would like to join the retreat.

Christi

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2017 :  8:04:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the USA, Christi. You'll enjoy it.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4363 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2017 :  07:14:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Lalow,

Thanks.

Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2017 :  7:40:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Menla Mountain Retreat and Spa in Catskills is a magic place. It is set in an ancient crater in a circular mountain, in the middle of a pristine forest. A river runs through the valley, it finds rest in a quiet lake, and then drops in a cascade. There are trails in the woods, a pool of swim, and cute small towns to visit.

There will be 4 yoga sessions each day, one session of sharing yoga teachings and experiences, and one lecture. All sessions are optional, so everyone can follow their own pace. There will be 3 gourmet vegetarian meals each day. You could find more details, including links to Menla, on the website:

http://yogapractices.weebly.com/menla-retreat-2018.html

Menla has a busy schedule, and they do not accept many outside retreats. They told me that for each group they accept, there are about 4 groups not accepted. In addition, we will get a better deal if we put a deposit by October 1st. I hope many people from the AYP forum will be inspired to come and practice together - and put some faces to the AYP sangha! So, check the website, and register early!
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2017 :  08:50:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi AYP Satsang,

Your help is needed: Unless we get at least 10 people to sign up for the Menla retreat by October 15th, it is not sure that the retreat will happen. There is a 25% deposit to secure the place that has to be paid to Menla by this date to reserve the rooms and the yoga studio. Also, Tristan will have to make plans to get a US visa and fly here. Three people signed up - Thank you. You decide to have this retreat or not.

The guru is in you!
Blanche
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4363 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2017 :  06:48:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi guys,

If anyone is planning to come on this retreat in the Catskill mountains in New York Sate next June, but has not contacted Blanche already, please let her know by the 15th of this month, as we will need to confirm the reservations with the retreat centre by then.

Blanche can be contatced here.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4363 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2017 :  05:38:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi guys,

We have been given an extension for bookings by the retreat centre in the Catskill Mountains, up until the 1st of December. So anyone still wishing to come to the retreat next June who has not contacted Blanche yet, please contact her by December 1st to reserve a place.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2017 :  06:37:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Fellow Travelers,

The AYP retreat at Menla is filling up: 12 people have registered, and there are 6 more inquiries. At this point Tristan and I reserved only 16 places. Contact me before December 1st to reserve a place, and secure a 5% discount. More information here:

AYP Retreat at Menla - June 2018

Give yourself a special gift this holidays, and come to meet other kindred souls and enjoy the shared practice in a beautiful place in the Catskills!

Blanche
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2017 :  1:51:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Yoginis and Yogis,

There are a couple more places on the AYP reteat at Menla. Register before December 1st to take advantage of the 5% discount. Details here.

Please contact me if you have any questions, or if you are interested but you cannot make up your mind. As Yogani says, "The inner dynamic of a group gathered for spiritual practice is far greater than the dynamic of a single individual practicing."
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2018 :  10:08:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Yoginis and Yogis,

2 of 20 places still available for the AYP retreat at Menla of Tibet House US in June 2018. Checkout this amazing place. The details of the retreat are here. Menla agree to offer us their standard triple and quadruple rooms for douple occupancy - that is, the shared rooms will host only two people. Thank you, Menla!

Blanche
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - May 29 2018 :  3:57:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Good luck on the upcoming retreat!
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - May 29 2018 :  8:35:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, Lalow! Looking forward to this
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4363 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2018 :  05:09:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi guys,

I got back from the USA yesterday. We had a wonderful retreat up in the mountains of New York State last week. There were 18 of us all together with people coming from as far away as Canada, Florida and California. We had 4 sitting practice sessions each day, 2 asana classes, and 2 satsang sessions, so around 7 hours of yoga each day.

Menla is a very beautiful centre and was a great venue for the event. It was my first time visiting the USA and it was great to meet so many of the USA and Canada practitioners.

A big thanks to Blanche for organising it!

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2018 :  07:19:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2018 :  08:33:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2018 :  2:55:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That's awesome!
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2018 :  4:39:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

yo_gi

Germany
47 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2018 :  01:19:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1505 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2018 :  1:20:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

American Baba

USA
48 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2018 :  8:05:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I want to formally express my gratitude to Blanche for organizing and to both her and Christi for co-leading this retreat. Anyone who has been on retreat with either of these folks knows just how knowledgeable and experienced they are. Plus, they are very personable and approachable whether teaching or on downtime. If you ever get the opportunity to attend a retreat with one (or both) of them you should do it! I very much appreciate you both for the valuable roles you play in AYP!

The retreat itself was convened in a beautifully forested area of the Catskill Mountains. One of the staff members told me that a meteor once struck the earth leaving a crater at the site where the retreat center is now located. The retreat center itself was built at the suggestion of HH the 14th Dalai Lama, who has been there to bless it. It was a serene environment and we had the opportunity to hike, swim, and receive professional massages at their spa in our spare time. The opportunity to practice more intensely is the main draw for me but, given that we were there so long, we had the opportunity to observe and even participate in a tea ceremony at a nearby Zen Monastery where we were permitted to tour. I love visiting monasteries.

I also got to meet some really interesting people and compare notes with them about their experience with practices. Each person’s story is unique and fascinating in its own way. So last, but certainly not least, I would like to thank the folks with whom I was able to interact. I wish I could have gotten to know you all better! Perhaps on future retreats…

Edited by - American Baba on Jul 10 2018 8:07:40 PM
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1505 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2018 :  9:08:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I second American Baba. You've written it so eloquently.

Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4363 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2018 :  03:29:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000