Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 Has anyone here learned the TM-Sidhi technique ?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

RealShon

3 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2006 :  09:52:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit RealShon's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello Dear Meditators :)

I learned the TM meditation years ago, and I'm very
interesting about the advanced Sidhi technique.

Did you learned Sidhi? and I mean personaly by a teacher, NOT
from the Internet! :) (I don't think that it's the same)

How much do you recommend on going to learn it? how much better
it is comparing to the regular TM meditation? can you please
describe in details your personal feeling BEFORE and AFTER you
have learned Sidhi? how much did it influenced your life? when
did you felt the change? right after you learned it? or just
after several months?

How do you feel during the Sidhi practice, and how do you feel
several hours after?

Do you know of pepole who have learned Sidhi and wheren't
satisfied frome he results? do you know people who where
disappointed from the Sidhi? I really need this "Bliss"
feeling that the Sidhi supposed to give, but I'm very afraid
that after I will go learning the Sidhi I will not feel any
change, that I will still feel the same tension and the same
stresses that I feel right now, that I will feel that I was
wasting my money and my time, how much is my worry justified?

If I'm not satisfied from the practice do I get my money back?

Basicaly I feel stress, I feel tension that very bothering me
in life and I want SO MUCH to get rid of it, as what I heard
about the Sidhi I think it can help me a lot, the regular TM
practice has helped me alot, I feel much calm than before I
started to practice TM, it helped me get rid of about 50-60%
of the strong stress that I felt, but it's not anough, I want
to get rid of it all, I want to feel relax more, I want to feel
more happiness, I want a clear mind, I want to feel the Bliss,

I need the Bliss So much.

Please help me decide, and please don't save in words :-)

If there is a better forum here for this question please
let me know.

Thanks very much.

Edited by - AYPforum on Feb 01 2007 01:03:21 AM

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2006 :  10:59:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by RealShon

I learned the TM meditation years ago, and I'm very
interesting about the advanced Sidhi technique.

Did you learned Sidhi? and I mean personaly by a teacher, NOT
from the Internet! :) (I don't think that it's the same)

If I'm not satisfied from the practice do I get my money back?

Basicaly I feel stress, I feel tension that very bothering me
in life and I want SO MUCH to get rid of it, as what I heard
about the Sidhi I think it can help me a lot, the regular TM
practice has helped me alot, I feel much calm than before I
started to practice TM, it helped me get rid of about 50-60%
of the strong stress that I felt, but it's not anough, I want
to get rid of it all, I want to feel relax more, I want to feel
more happiness, I want a clear mind, I want to feel the Bliss,

I need the Bliss So much.

Please help me decide, and please don't save in words :-)

If there is a better forum here for this question please
let me know.

Thanks very much.

Hi RealShon,
Not sure if you would be interested in listening to what I have to say.. esp. since I have not had any siddhi training.. and you seem to be interested only in that.

In AYP.. Siddhis are considered side effects or scenery along our spiritual path .. not a practice. Maybe others have had training in siddhi and will speak up.. Most here think siddhis are a distraction and don't focus on it.

This one line of yours.. "I need the Bliss So much." has me writing this post.. This one line says it all.. however if you think the only way to get it, is siddhis.. then there is not much I can say to help you.

At AYP.. we do a set of practices.. very effective and very powerful... they look very simple... but you will feel the difference if you follow them seriously. For proof of this.. look around the forum and see all the wonderful things people are reporting about how this practice has been changing their lives.

We start off with 20 min of mantra meditation.. Lesson 13 - Meditation -- Awakening the Silent Seed

When we get comfortable with that.. we add pranayam.. Lesson 41 - Pranayama – Spinal Breathing

If you do want to try AYP.. I'd suggest you start reading the lessons from the beginning.
Why This Discussion?

Give this a few months and see if you find a difference.. Hey.. one good thing about AYP.. its free.. so you don't have to worry about getting your money back if you are not a 100% satisfied with it..

I hope you stay with us.. and find some respite from "Basicaly I feel stress, I feel tension that very bothering me in life and I want SO MUCH to get rid of it" by following what Yogani has to offer... and some help and support from us here at the forum...
Wish you all the best.

Edited by - Shanti on Nov 10 2006 11:05:50 AM
Go to Top of Page

RealShon

3 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2006 :  11:15:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit RealShon's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Thanks very much Shanti for your answer, but I know me, I know that
I will never feel satisfied until I will learn Siddhi from a TM
teacher, maybe if I will follow your instructions here I will feel
good, and I will feel the Bliss, But I'll always have the feeling of
maybe missing something, that maybe if I would learn it from a TM
teacher it will be deeper, and faster and so on. I made on my mind,
I want to learn the Sidhi, the Original program of the TM
organization, If i'll dtop it and try it your way the feeling of
maybe missing something will keep chasing me, so I will not.

I don't like the cost of it (6000$ or so?) but I will swallow this
"frog" if it's realy going to bring me the Bliss that I need so much
in life, if it will make me happier and more relax.

But, Many Thanks for trying to help I appreciate it :)

Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2006 :  11:32:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi RealShon,

I'm highly critical on a number of levels with the TM-Organization, not all of which I can speak of here. But keep in mind at least that while the TM Organization presents itself as having some exclusive ability to teach the 'TM-Siddhis', the TM-Siddhis are in fact nothing more than the ancient yogic technique of 'Samyama', just re-packaged. A price is charged which I consider exhorbitant. Samyama is taught here in Yogani's lessons for free.

Results with any yogic practice are varied. I can offer you no promises about your results with anything.

BTW, the search for bliss or happiness often backfires -- I'd advise you to examine your own approach. In fact, there has always been general agreement that spiritual practice should not be approached with strong expectation of bliss -- or powers. Instead, go forward and experiment if you are drawn, and be grateful for whatever you get. Watch out if the TM Organization is using promises or intimations of special powers to draw you to its Siddhi-program.

RealShon said: I made on my mind, I want to learn the Sidhi, the Original program of the TM organization, If i'll dtop it and try it your way the feeling of maybe missing something will keep chasing me, so I will not.

RealShon, if I may ask a very pointed question, (I'm not very diplomatic, but I am well-meaning ) what has convinced you that this particular school of yoga is the best teacher of Samyama?

Best regards,

-David

Edited by - david_obsidian on Nov 10 2006 11:36:36 AM
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2006 :  11:39:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
RealShon,

Spend the money, and if you are satisfied with the result then that's great. But if you're dissatisfied, at least you tried, and you're always welcome here.

I have only heard bad things about the TM Siddhi program. I haven't tried it myself, so I can't say if it's bad. You seem to be very curious about it, and sometimes the only way to satisfy your curiosity is to go through it. I hope it is everything you wish for.

Here, at AYP, the practices are meant to be taken on for a long time. It isn't a quick fix (although they are powerful practices). There are ups and downs. But I truly believe it's worth it in the long haul...so I think it'd be wise after the Siddhi program if you came back and looked into AYP. But if not, then perhaps you've found what you are looking for...and that is all that really matters - finding your satisfaction!

Edit: I agree with what Shanti and David have said as well. They always give great advice.

Edited by - Scott on Nov 10 2006 11:41:22 AM
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2006 :  11:45:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi RealShon, and welcome!

What you are asking about is the ancient practice of samyama, and that is offered in the AYP lessons beginning here: http://www.aypsite.org/149.html

The AYP practice instructions are fairly informal and rely heavily on the aspirant's ability to engage in self-directed practice over the long term. That is true of formal instruction also. Once you get home from the course, it is just you and your practices. No one can make a good long term practice for you but you. Of course, we all get by with a little help from our friends, which is what these forums are about.

If you are looking for formal instruction in samyama practice, the TM organization is an excellent place to get it, assuming you can afford it.

Wishing you all the best on your chosen path. Enjoy!

The guru is in you.

PS -- The next AYP book (due out at the end of the year) is called "Samyama - Cultivating Stillness in Action." It will look at samyama applications going significantly beyond what is currently in the AYP lessons.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2006 :  12:32:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Realshon wrote:
I don't like the cost of it (6000$ or so?) but I will swallow this
"frog" if it's realy going to bring me the Bliss that I need so much
in life, if it will make me happier and more relax.

quote:
Scott wrote:
Spend the money, and if you are satisfied with the result then that's great. But if you're dissatisfied, at least you tried, and you're always welcome here.

What? $6000 to learn something that can be learned on this website in a few hours? When there are starving children in the world? Give the money to charity to help the poor, and read the practices and do them. I have no doubt you will find the bliss you are looking for. And a lot more amazing things as well.

Love and light

Christi

Edited by - Christi on Nov 10 2006 12:36:44 PM
Go to Top of Page

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2006 :  2:50:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,
Although I haven't 'invested' $6000 on the siddhi program I do know someone who actually spent many years in the program and lived at the premises in the USA. Unfortunately the 'bliss' you seek did not arrive for him either even after spending so much time and money.I think you are going to be dissapointed with the results but it's each to his own.There are more effective schools of meditation but I hope God leads you where you wish.
L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page

RealShon

3 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2006 :  3:54:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit RealShon's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Yeah, God is leading me where I wish!!

:))

Just joking... I want to hear more opinions, specially from people who learned TM Sidhi.

Thanks all

Go to Top of Page

Yoda

USA
284 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2006 :  7:09:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Yoda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
RealShon,

If you've taken the basic initiation and have practiced it for several months, then you'll know intuitively if it's right for you. If you haven't, then definitely do that first. I took the basic initiation but it wasn't right for me.

Your pal,
Yoda
Go to Top of Page

glagbo

USA
53 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2006 :  12:32:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit glagbo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by RealShon

Yeah, God is leading me where I wish!!

:))

Just joking... I want to hear more opinions, specially from people who learned TM Sidhi.

Thanks all

Hello RealShon:

I have a suggestion for an experiment for you that may help you make
up you mind. I am proposing a little experiment in extrapolation.

If you think you are ready for the TM-Sidhi Program, it means that
you have had the basic TM-Meditation instruction. You may also have
been exposed to TM-Pranayama and some TM-Asana techniques in
in-residence course(s).

With this background, you are in a position to run the following
extrapolation experiment: Compare the practices you learned there
with YOGANI's AYP versions of these practices. If you have not done
so already, invest about $30.00 to buy "Deep Meditation",
"Spinal Breathing Pranayama", and "Asana, Mudras and Bandhas" from
the AYP book series. Compare the teachings and draw your own
conclusions, and then extrapolate to what to expect on Samyama.

As Yogani replied to you, SAMAYAMA is well-covered in the AYP
lessons, and Yogani's Samyama Book is coming out soon.

So, as David asked: " what has convinced you that this particular
school of yoga is the best teacher of Samyama? "

One thing that can be said, in fairness, is that the TM-Sidhi
techniques (particular the Yogic Flying technique) are taught in a
"supervised" residence setting with extra boosting/"accelerating?"
rounds.

But, we are told by Yogani, Maharishi, and others, that More than the
money you seem ready to part with, the single most important currency
necessary for success in Samyama is "at least some Resident Abiding
Silence", the result of regular meditation (or on rare cases from
natural predisposition?).
Of course we are told that regular Samyama practice, integrated with
other effective routines, will then cultivate and deepen that initial
silence and integrate it with the other aspects of the evolutionary
enfoldment.

As per getting your money back if not satisfied with the results of
TM-Sidhi instructions, wouldn't it be more appropriate to direct that
question to TM organization?

As I have been lurking around this site, I see a lot of bliss and
devotion, which I feel drawn to, to share at least by proxy

Your fellow bliss seeker.

Edited by - glagbo on Nov 11 2006 05:31:50 AM
Go to Top of Page

Alvin Chan

Hong Kong
407 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2006 :  02:09:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi RealShon,

You seems to suffer from a kind of compulsive behaviour. I've been through that also, and may still be there. At some point, aftering reading the American-type advertisements, I may be drawn so strongly to spending money on products/services which promise to deliver what I long most in my life. As an analytic person, I know that it is almost certain that those things are just a re-packaging of what you can get at a much cheaper price. But my emotional mind keep telling me irrational things(e.g. how can you say that? you never know if they really have some secrets. You should try as long as there's a chance......)---the same kind of irrational conclusions that I constantly criticize when they come from someone else's mouth. My rational mind keep fighting these thoughts.

For many times, my irrational mind won. But you know why I rely so much on my rational mind? The irrational mind is almost never reliable.

Frankly, I don't think it's God's call. It's your compulsive thoughts which is not at all enlightened.

My advice:

1. give yourself some more time (e.g. a few months) and stop reading anything from the TM organizations. Try the samayama here and imagine how you will feel if it's all you get by spending $6000-. (and yes, it is essentially all you get, except may be a few unimportant details) If you're still drawn to the program, thinking of spending that amount of money for stopping your compulsive thoughts.

2. spend time on doing something more meaningful. Live actively. Bliss can be found in the simplest activities available to everyone. Because it is YOU who feel the bliss. Acient techniques are helpful but not a cure-all prescription. And all the most efficient techniques are available either here or in the taoist traditions.

3. If I were you and felt the urge of learning new techniques, I would not look at TM because Yogani basically brought all of their techniques here for free. I would prefering trying something which differ more from AYP. And probably at a lower price. Afterall, a few cheaper lessons on controlling compulsive behaviour is better than a $6,000- one

4. Spend more time on practising and living then wondering about this TM thingy. And if you do participate, do share with us your experience. Take that $6,000- seriously before you spend it, and easily after you did. And make it a useful lesson for everyone around you by sharing it here, tell us how it's different from samayama here.

Wish you the best,

Alvin
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2006 :  09:15:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi RealShon:

Here is a long time TM teacher who has posted in the AYP forums a few months back: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=1340

I'm sure he will be happy to give you his perspectives on the TM/Sidhi program and the AYP approach to samyama practice.

Being a new member, you may have to post a couple of more times before the member profile direct link email service here will be automatically turned on for you.

All the best!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2006 :  10:33:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by yogani

Here is a long time TM teacher who has posted in the AYP forums a few months back: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=1340

I'm sure he will be happy to give you his perspectives on the TM/Sidhi program and the AYP approach to samyama practice.

PS -- Also check his July 5, 2006 post in this topic: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=1034

In fact, you may like to read the whole topic.

Have fun moving on to more and more abiding inner silence, ecstatic bliss and outpouring divine love!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2006 :  11:11:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
RealShon,

Some great advice here, including Alvin's, which is less diplomatic, but very insightful about your own thinking.

People's irrational tendancy to favor a brand-name over an equivalent, and often actually identical product, is well-known and billions are made on that fact. Consider the fact that, after their patents expire and "generics" become legal, drug companies are still able to make billions charging quite a bit more for their brand-name drug than is charged for the "generic", even though the products are actually identical. It would be as if a person would pay $2 for a bag of generic pure sugar in a store, but $4 for a certain brand-name sugar which is made by the inventors of sugar, even though they could not, in any way, distinguish the two. Go figure.

With TM of course, a difference is that, unlike the case with the drug companies, TM did not even invent the product.

Some people who do the TM-Sidhi course are disappointed, while some do well with it; however, the difference between the two may have little to do with the TM-Sidhi program, and more to do with differences in their own physiology. I do think that most people who do well with the TM-Sidhis would do just as well learning it through AYP.

One final note: I would personally have moral compunctions about supporting the TM organization with a significant amount of my money. Not everyone does have the same compunctions, and I'm not judging those who don't. But the truth is that it's not just cormudgeons like me any more who repudiate the TM organization, but a host of generally "nice" people who one time had a lot of affection for the organization and dedication to it.

Have a close look at why David Spector (who has posted here at AYP forum, linked above by Yogani) has broken away from the organization, as have many thousands more.

Enjoy AYP, and spend your money wisely.

-David

Edited by - david_obsidian on Nov 12 2006 11:14:20 AM
Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2007 :  01:03:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2007 :  08:57:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
moving old threads makes them turn up in "active topics."

About what david said, getting things cheaper: I do that with everything, not only yoga information (thats' why I'm here), but everything I buy. I do extensive research, then find the same value for less money. There have been several things on the internet that cost a lot and seemed to be only available from one source. But instead of spending the money, I continued to do more and more research, as you're doing, on the original product. months later I always end up finding something BETTER for less money!

A note on siddhis: having special powers attracts our ego. The ego wants to be "above" other people. In order to gain the siddhis it is necessary to lose the ego, and the desire to be above others. Therefore, by definition it is impossible to end up with what you sought to begin with.

There is a legend that one alchemist DID discover the universal solvent, one of the alchemist's ultimate dreams. But he lost it again because he lacked the container to put it in, since it dissolved anything.
This is something like what siddhis are about. They are something that, once you get them, you realize they are not what you were after.

If you practice the meditation techniques here over a period of time, you will come to realize this. It is the bliss you want (as you stated), not the siddhis. So go ahead and obtain the bliss, and see how you feel about siddhis. you can always waste $6000 later.

But by now you may have already spent it. In that case, once you go through the siddhi stuff for a year or so, and are ready to BUY TM's basic meditation techniques, you might want to compare prices here.
Or maybe you're rich and like spending money. AYP takes donations! If you like fixed prices better, then best of luck on your path.
Remember to talk with people who have gotten results to judge something. There's a lot of that for free here.

Edited by - Etherfish on Feb 01 2007 08:59:55 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000