AYPsite.org Forum
 Member Announcements - Events, Classes & Retreats
 Roy Eugene Davis
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sboney

18 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2006 :  08:15:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit sboney's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Mr. Davis will be in Houston on November 12th holding a class on meditation from 2:00 to 5:00 at the Unity Church of North Houston. Mr. Davis was ordained by Paramahansa Yogananda and has been actively teaching kriya techniques since 1951.

Anyone who is interested please let me know and I can email you the ad I scanned out of one the new age newspapers here.

Hunter

USA
252 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2006 :  6:36:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Hunter's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sboney,
Wonderful, I hope you have a nice class experience with Mr. Davis. I have enjoyed the writings in his publications.

If you ever come out to California and want to meet another student of Yogananda, Norman Paulsen lives in Buellton, California.

Have fun,
Hunter
Go to Top of Page

sboney

18 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2006 :  8:04:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit sboney's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I am having fun meeting spiritually charged teachers. It is something I used to do and recently started again. I hear good things about Mr. Paulsen and may make a visit that way in the next few months. Thanks for the suggestion.

Go to Top of Page

sboney

18 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2006 :  7:28:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit sboney's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Just got back from Rev. Davis' class. He covered meditation very thoroughly and then led a guided meditation. Much was consistent with AYP with a few notable differences. The major difference is he ties mantra to breath per his tradition. I found the class to be a practical, well presented introduction to that form of meditation. The movement into silence through meditation as the end result was essentially identical to AYP. In addition, Mr. Davis is a real gentleman and was warm and delightful. I felt honored to meet him.

As a side note my original guru from twenty years ago was initiated into kriya by Rev. Davis. It was wonderful to make that connection along with the others I have had lately.

Go to Top of Page

Hunter

USA
252 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2006 :  7:49:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Hunter's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Glad to hear it Sboney. I can relate to how exciting it is to meet people like Mr. Davis. I first learned Kriya yog from Norman Paulsen's book, and he too ties the mantra with the breath while doing the pranayam. The mantra he uses is "I Am That I Am".

Hunter
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000