Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Spiritual Practices and Life After Awakening?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nothingatall

Lithuania
35 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2016 :  01:25:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hey,

I understand that there is no magic pill for everything, and what works for 1 person will not necessarily work for other person.

After spiritual awakening, lot's of changes and at first i was really overwhelmed with everything. Thanks to supportive community here i got a lot of very helpful answers.

Now I understood the importance of self pacing and grounding. Even though when you see almost everything how I lived like an ego....it looks like a big mess. So big that I am not sure if it's possible to fix it in 1 lifetime.

I understand that I need to start serving others, but at the same time before I will start doing that, I need to change myself, because everything that I will touch will become part of me.

It's a bit weird, feeling urgency and at the same time being calm and unattached. It's even more weird...when I see how much I owe to others...and when I am trying to give to them....to see that it's almost not possible to just give....they start giving to you....back right away.

Where do you start? When you opened the eyes and start seeing 100's of lessons every day...but you can't incorporate in your life...because you see that everything new must take time...

For the practices....I have mixed feelings...I was doing some practices and because of my teacher and mentor...it happened....I cannot communicate with the teacher 1 on 1...and I feel like I owe him too much already for the gift that he gave to me.

So I am trying to find answers myself even though, again I need help of others who been on this path already. Because I see that when you choose a wrong way..it will take even more time to fix it. And it will be like trying to reinvent the wheel.

At the moment I am planning to do in the mornings before sun rises:

Pranayama Breathing
Om mantra
AnapanaSati
Deep meditation
Samyama

Sometimes before the sleep I am doing Meta Meditation.

Is this good enough? Now I see that spiritual development, is really important even though it is not development, but removal of obstacles who you are not, and shining light on the unconsciousnesses that is repressed...

How can I balance...my own spiritual development, helping others, creating new rituals, studying spiritual texts, financial situation (because I see that old ways of making money, doesn't provide much value for the world), and fixing old mistakes?

Thanks a lot

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2016 :  03:27:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Nothingatall,

It is good to start at the beginning. If you would like to follow an AYP routine, start with two times a day for 20 minutes for instance. Before sunrise is a beautiful moment, the most beautiful of the day.

You are right it is removal of obstacles, a purification of body and mind.

Mixing up practices will not be very helpful, keep it simple. Less can be more. For instance SBP DM and Samyama in 20 minutes twice daily. Do this for 40 days and see what it brings you.

For me studying spiritual books came instead of reading magazines and other books.

Don't worry 'stay in the present moment' let go the thoughts, feel the breath and feel the body, take one step at a time.

Edited by - Charliedog on Nov 26 2016 03:37:18 AM
Go to Top of Page

nothingatall

Lithuania
35 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2016 :  06:29:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Charlie for your answer.

Yes will have to start living 1 breath at the time :) And yes I see how doing less practices but doing them properly will give better results than trying many different practices on the surface :)

Just recently i heard from OSHO that the minimum practice should be done at least 21 days...otherwise you might not even feel any of the effects and might think that nothing is working.

So I will try to do in this way. Also I feel like my Bhakti got even stronger after awakening...not sure what that means...Now I want devote a lot of time into it....practicing YAMA NIYAMA..ASANAS...learning about dynamic meditation in order to reach emotional catarsis for purification... and so many other things :)

If others would chime in... I would appreciate...cause at this point still balance everything :) It would be nice to hear....your personal path after awakening, I think personal experiences have huge potential to transform others :)

quote:
Originally posted by Charliedog

Hi Nothingatall,

It is good to start at the beginning. If you would like to follow an AYP routine, start with two times a day for 20 minutes for instance. Before sunrise is a beautiful moment, the most beautiful of the day.

You are right it is removal of obstacles, a purification of body and mind.

Mixing up practices will not be very helpful, keep it simple. Less can be more. For instance SBP DM and Samyama in 20 minutes twice daily. Do this for 40 days and see what it brings you.

For me studying spiritual books came instead of reading magazines and other books.

Don't worry 'stay in the present moment' let go the thoughts, feel the breath and feel the body, take one step at a time.

Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2016 :  12:18:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi nothingatall,

Glad to hear of the changes. All those spiritual mental chatter will die down too. It's back to the grind but with freshness of the moment, awe, joy, peace,love. It's living from the heart that makes Life magical. We won't turn into a saint (atleast it hasn't happened here yet). Instead, it's the ease of being who you are.Life becomes a breeze.

Also not everyone is going to like you, things are not always going to be the way you would like to. They won't phase you as much. We just learn to embrace all of life even the messiness. You turn into a kid really- enjoying this playground as much as you can.

Lastly you start going on rants like this.

Love big, live gently, let go gracefully & laugh a lot.

Also, best to not mix practices but it's your path.

Edited by - sunyata on Nov 26 2016 12:29:59 PM
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2016 :  12:23:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes 21 days is the minimum, 40 days is a magic number. To loose an addiction or make a new pattern in your life, it has to be 40 days in one row, one day missed, we have to start allover at day one.

Others will chime in, don't worry

I wrote so many times about my spiritual awakening experiences here, I will not do that today.
Go to Top of Page

nothingatall

Lithuania
35 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2016 :  1:12:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, Charlie and Sunyata...no more chiming in needed i got the answers I was looking for :)

What a beautiful way and path to be living with love and share it with everybody

Sometimes when I am trying to explain my feelings I tend to go to the old negative ways of ego...Need to learn how to be more positive and uplifting and transfer that energy to others :)
Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2016 :  6:21:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi nothingatall

I would like to chime in

I think what you are going through is really beautiful. I think my best advice here would be, to just let things be, you seem very bright right now (good energy) but you also seem like so many things are on your mind to improve where you are at. That is so perfect I would just add to simplify. make it more about just being than doing doing doing.
because you know already that "just being" is "just who you are"!! There may be a big gap so to speak about the thinking mind and the true being. that's ok, just follow your heart It's totally awesome what is happening to you. be grateful for the experience!! it's God's gift to you. Enjoy!!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000