Member Announcements - Events, Classes & Retreats
 AYP Summer Retreats, U.K. 2017
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2016 :  08:47:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi guys,

Next Summer, I will be running two retreats on Dartmoor National Park in South West England.

The first will be at the High Heathercombe Retreat Centre in June, and the second will be at the end of September, at the Bala Brook Retreat Centre.

High Heathercombe is a retreat centre that we have not used before for AYP retreats, and is high up on the moor, surrounded by forests. Bala Brook is the centre that we have held retreats at several times over the past few years, located in one of the valleys on the moor.

For anyone wanting to join from overseas, the nearest international airport is Exeter, which is about 40 minutes away from both centres.

Christi

aguacate

Germany
44 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2017 :  6:00:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome, really looking forward to it! :)
Go to Top of Page

aguacate

Germany
44 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2017 :  10:34:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm just waiting for my train to London, what a lovely retreat!

So many great people, so much fun and a lot of energy!

The nature is just awesome! One day we went for a walk into the moor and walked by wild horses. The retreat was very well organized and the food was excellent (cudos to Sally!).

It was my first retreat and I never did a silent period before. To be honest, I was a bit afraid of it, but it was really good! I also was a bit afraid of overloading and kundalini issues, nothing bad happened for me, but if it were the case I definitely would have been in very good hands!

The best thing was on sunday: so much bliss and energy in the room and among people. There was a bit chanting as well and the 16 OMs on Sunday really rocked the room!

For me the retreat really deepened my practice, a great possibility to exchange with people and ask questions.

Thanks to everyone who attended, especially Christi for the great organization and leading through the retreat!

Edited by - aguacate on Jun 26 2017 11:06:07 AM
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1505 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2017 :  2:17:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sounds wonderful, aguacate.
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2017 :  12:26:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I second Aguacate, the place, the people, the retreat, bliss in the UK
Go to Top of Page

aguacate

Germany
44 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2017 :  7:06:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm curious: who is going to the retreat end of September?

Already looking forward to it!
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2017 :  07:27:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Aguacate,

There will be 13 or 14 of us on the retreat at the end of next month, including myself and Alex who will be leading the retreat with me. Alex is one of the TTC teachers.

Sally will be doing the cooking.

Looking forward to practicing together again.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

aguacate

Germany
44 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2017 :  6:40:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
@Christi yeah, looking forward as well! Was curious if some known faces form the forums will join. We'll see!

Friday and Saturday is still Navrati / Durga Puja, so there should be even more good energy :)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000