AYPsite.org Forum
 Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Beyond time and space
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

angeleeyes

104 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2016 :  11:27:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi all,

Enlightened beings always say that they are beyond time and space what does it really mean?In my understanding one who is beyond time and space can be somehow dominant to them.

I like to know your thoughts on this.appreciate any response

Student-of-life

Germany
16 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2016 :  10:38:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Perhaps they mean that they are deeply rooted in God (who is beyond time and space). Or they mean that they have realized that both time and space are illusions and that they have become aware of their own eternity. But I'm not enlightened so I cannot tell for sure what they mean by it.
Go to Top of Page

angeleeyes

104 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2016 :  08:12:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Student-of-life,

thank you for the reply.

In the book "I Am That" someone asks Nisargadatta Maharaj something similar:

quote:
Q: If time and space are mere illusions and you are beyond, please tell me what is the weather in New York. Is it hot or raining there?

M: How can I tell you? Such things need special training. Or, just travelling to New York. I may be quite certain that I am beyond time and space, and yet unable to locate myself at will at some point of time and space. I am not interested enough; I see no purpose in undergoing a special Yogic training. I have just heard of New York. To me it is a word. Why should I know more than the word conveys? Every atom may be a universe, as complex as ours. Must I know them all? I can -- if I
train.

so, according to him this is possible "if one can train." It seems that Enlightenment(being beyond time and space) is a prerequisite to such trainings.

anyone here knows what these trainings are?

Edited by - angeleeyes on Oct 04 2016 08:38:52 AM
Go to Top of Page

parvati9

USA
587 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2016 :  2:32:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Matter is subject to space and time. The body is positioned in a certain location at a specific time, right? There seems to be a matter-energy continuum, with thought and consciousness occupying the more refined end of that continuum. Agree? To stop identifying with the body is to theoretically go beyond space and time.

Anything linear (or sequential) appears to be time-related. Most physical activity involves sequential steps, with each facilitating the next in the sequence. Consider cause and effect. Imagine if cause and effect were reversed i.e., the effect resulting in the cause. Sometimes physicists can explain it so that the layman can understand this principle.

Through yogic training, the practitioner may achieve feats that are impossible for the average person. To go beyond time and space in one's consciousness does not seem to require any special skill other than realization.

love
parvati
Go to Top of Page

angeleeyes

104 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2016 :  10:01:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi parvati9,

Thank you for your explanation.

quote:
Originally posted by parvati9

Through yogic training, the practitioner may achieve feats that are impossible for the average person. To go beyond time and space in one's consciousness does not seem to require any special skill other than realization.

you are right, but theoretically one who is beyond time and space can possibly travel in time and space and Nisargadatta Maharaj as a realized being approves this providing special yogic training.

what is this special yogic training and Is it possible to have such abilities before Enlightenment?

Edited by - angeleeyes on Oct 06 2016 10:12:49 AM
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2016 :  10:38:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi angeleeyes,

Refer to AYP Samayama book.Link below. You have access to all the books if you are already AYP plus member. If not, I highly recommend it. In the appendix of the Samyama book there are additional sutras provided.

AYP recommends that one is stable in the nine sutras before adding additional sutras. In the end, Life/AYP is about Liberation. The greatest power is to let go of everything in Samyama.

However, if one is inclined to acquire these powers to ultimately get to the point of letting go then so be it. That's an individual's path as long as we keep walking. All paths lead Home ultimately.

P.S.- As long as these questions keep coming up- The recommendation is to keep up with twice daily meditation. And even if these questions stop showing up, the recommendation is to keep practicing. We brush our teeth daily..yes? So, we keep meditating daily. As long as we are in this body.

http://www.aypsite.org/books-samyamaebook.html

Wishing you best

Edited by - sunyata on Oct 06 2016 11:03:22 AM
Go to Top of Page

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2016 :  12:53:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Such powers are called siddhis. We are encouraged not to seek them, neither to resist when they come.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2016 :  12:49:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Here's a brilliant demonstration of George Carlin transcending time with humor and self-inquiry: https://youtu.be/5M5eG-aywZQ
Go to Top of Page

parvati9

USA
587 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2016 :  11:20:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Angeleeyes

Once you lose your sense of a separate body, all kinds of Siddhis are virtually available to you, if you choose to take your path in that direction. You can research this online under search terms yogic siddhis, multidimensional physics, or physics of spacetime etc. It is perhaps wise not to engage in direct pursuit of those siddhis if your genuine goal is spiritual enlightenment. However that is your call.

Recent comment in Mudras and Bandhas discussion section, on 'fear of death' thread is well stated imo and reposted below - may, or may not, provide additional insight. Amuhai says in that discussion:

When your consciousness is confined to a separate body, you travel from one point in space to another. When you melt with the ocean of consciousness and lose your sense of a separate body, there is no traveling from here to there because you are everywhere.

Best wishes on your path.

love
parvati
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
867 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2016 :  08:19:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Looking for siddhis means to walk away from finding the Truth. Or, to paraphrase Maharishi Mahesh Yogi's teacher, to look for siddhis means to walk away from a treasure looking for spinach.
Go to Top of Page

angeleeyes

104 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2016 :  05:28:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe this seems a silly question to ask but It has been in my mind for a long time so I ask it anyway.

Enlightened beings say that we are not born and will not die or we are beyond time and space and so on.In the AYP lessons Yogani says there are obstacles in our nervous system accumulated in past lives
that block our natural state from manifesting in the world, blocking us from inward seeing.and we have to clean them anyway possible(through yoga or other methods)
So, accordoing to this can we say that in our first life in the earth we have been enlightened and we have lost it in our past lives?

Edited by - angeleeyes on Oct 18 2016 05:46:55 AM
Go to Top of Page

parvati9

USA
587 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2016 :  11:37:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by angeleeyes

....can we say that in our first life in the earth we have been enlightened and we have lost it in our past lives?

I remember bits and pieces of at least 20 past lives. The first one I have recollection of is in Lemuria. Until the Atlanteans invaded, it was like paradise. In my community, we all practiced something like mindfulness and a namaste perspective (we honored the divine within). So yes, I think you are on the right track here.

love
parvati
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2016 :  1:27:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Enlightenment is

the ecstasy of seeing a beautiful flower.
the ecstasy of being in Love with God
the ecstasy of Shiva and Shakti merging in you
the ecstasy of holding a child in your arms
the ecstasy of cutting a fruit
the ecstasy of looking at the mystery of this divine creation around you.
the ecstasy of messiness of Life.
the ecstasy of riding the constant change in Life, riding the wave as it goes up and down.
the ecstasy of seeing Self in others and everything.
the ecstasy of unconditional Love
the ecstasy in simplicity.

quote:
So, accordoing to this can we say that in our first life in the earth we have been enlightened and we have lost it in our past lives?

Not only our first life, we have the opportunity in every life to get Enlightened. So yes, Yogani is accurate in all the lessons. Through the purification of our nervous system we start seeing Esctacy everywhere even in the messiness and imperfections. At the same time knowing that there is no such thing as messiness or imperfection and it's all God's play.

There is even ecstasy in crying,laughing, sadness, anger. Yes, all of Life nothing is excluded in Ecstasy.

Because Ecstasy=God=Enlightenment.

Edited by - sunyata on Oct 18 2016 2:48:57 PM
Go to Top of Page

angeleeyes

104 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2016 :  5:45:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by sunyata

Not only our first life, we have the opportunity in every life to get Enlightened.

In our first life there was no obstacle in the nervous system.If this is true we were Enlightened naturally in that life.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2016 :  09:32:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

Not only our first life, we have the opportunity in every life to get Enlightened.

In our first life there was no obstacle in the nervous system.If this is true we were Enlightened naturally in that life.

Yes and we are all Enlightened in this life too.

Enlightenment is like looking for your lost keys all over(underneath the mattress, sink,in the closet, even in the toilet tank). Only to find out that it was in your pocket all this time. Then you laugh at the ridiculous search you went through.

As Yogani says it's the extraordinary ordinary. That can be accessed through twice daily practices not mind games.

Edited by - sunyata on Oct 19 2016 09:55:29 AM
Go to Top of Page

angeleeyes

104 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2016 :  10:12:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Yes and we are all Enlightened in this life too.

Enlightenment is like looking for your keys all over(underneath the mattress, sink,in the closet, even in the toilet tank). Only to find out that it was in your pocket all this time. Then you laugh at the ridiculous search you went through.

As Yogani says it's the extraordinary ordinary. That can be accessed through twice daily practices not mind games.

Dear sunyata,

Thank you for replying

I know what you are saying but as you mentioned most of us have to purify our nervous system through countless meditation sessions to remove the obstructions from our nervous system and get ripe to realize that it is in our pocket and start laughing.

We have accumulated these obstructions in our past lives.true? so,in our first life we had a clean nervous system .Then we have started to accumulate the obstructions and gradually lose our natural state.

the question is how this is possible to lose the Enlightenment?

Edited by - angeleeyes on Oct 19 2016 10:21:49 AM
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2016 :  1:08:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
the question is how this is possible to lose the Enlightenment?

When we start becoming selfish and our actions are guided by greed, anger, jealously, hatred and fear. We start functioning from a limited perspective and want everything for our self and forget the “Oneness” of this creation. And forget that helping others is helping our self. These actions gradually build up and fog the mirror of Enlightenment.

It’s true that everyone is already enlightened but at the same time no one is too enlightened. We have plenty of examples of enlightened beings getting caught with their pants down literally.

So, we keep practicing till our last breath. We walk on the razor’s edge on the spiritual path.

Great questions and hope you use them to fuel your Bhakti.

P.S. I’m not enlightened so I continue to practice everyday.. I like to write a lot - I'm just a surrendered God intoxicated devotee. It brings me so much joy that my cells sing in Ecstasy as I type. This might as well be blah blah blah. Honestly I don't know a thing.

This KD's song explains the state of being here.

Mere Gurudev
Krishna Das - Topic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOe3OgAIMuE

Translation
My Gurudev I offer these flowers of my faith at your feet
Whatever I have, you have given to me, and I dedicate it all to you

I have no love, nor do I know you.
I don't even have the strength to worship you,
But this mind of mine, this body of mine,
My every atom is dedicated to you.

You are the only one in my heart and my thoughts.
You are the one who I call out to.
Now Make me your instrument...all I am I offer to you

Edited by - sunyata on Oct 19 2016 1:47:44 PM
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2016 :  2:03:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

angeleeyes

104 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2016 :  2:08:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
We have plenty of examples of enlightened beings getting caught with their pants down literally.

How can we say someone is Enlightened may be they were not.

what is enlightenment really? some say realizing that you are beyond time and space becoming one with what is

or complete dissolution of one's identity as a separate self with no trace of the egoic mind remaining.

do you think that one who is really enlightened can function from a limited egoic perspective?

It's good that you like to write. appreciate your wise words
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2016 :  2:22:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You are right. There is no litmus test for Enlightenment.

After some point on this path- Someone says to you I'm Enlightened, you smile and nod. Another says to you- I'm not Enlightened, you smile and nod.

You are letting the divine flow through you and only interested in sharing this joy. It really doesn't matter if someone is Enlightened or not. You are intoxicated in this divine dance.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2016 :  3:07:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Enlightenment is

the ecstasy of seeing a beautiful flower.
the ecstasy of being in Love with God
the ecstasy of Shiva and Shakti merging in you
the ecstasy of holding a child in your arms
the ecstasy of cutting a fruit
the ecstasy of looking at the mystery of this divine creation around you.
the ecstasy of messiness of Life.
the ecstasy of riding the constant change in Life, riding the wave as it goes up and down.
the ecstasy of seeing Self in others and everything.
the ecstasy of unconditional Love
the ecstasy in simplicity.

I like that list.
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
867 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2016 :  10:07:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

How can we say someone is Enlightened may be they were not.

what is enlightenment really?

I am not enlightened. "I" is not real - there is no "I" to get enlightened. All there is the One, who plays all the roles. The consciousness becomes aware of itself.

Enlightenment brings a great shift in identity. It is good to know about it. The daily practice of deep meditation prepares the way, by promoting purifications in the nervous system. As Yogani says, the process of spiritual transformation is our birth right. More and more people are waking up everywhere in the world. We are on the edge of a spiritual revolution. You are part of it. We are all part of it.

Sunyata, Charliedog, Bodhi,
Thank you for sharing your bliss and ecstacy !...
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2016 :  12:02:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Blanche

I am not enlightened. "I" is not real - there is no "I" to get enlightened. All there is the One, who plays all the roles. The consciousness becomes aware of itself.

The Many are the One, and the One are the Many. Microcosm/Macrocosm.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000