Illuminated Poetry, Quotations and Stories
 I AM- Rupert Spira
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sunyata

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2016 :  8:21:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
"I AM is the perfume of God's presence in the heart"

" The knowledge I AM or the feeling of Being is a hint of beloved in existence"

" When Shiva and Shakti make love the world disappears, when they separate the world appears"

Rupert Spira

Edited by - sunyata on Aug 02 2016 8:28:14 PM

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2016 :  08:37:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I've read a book of his and would not have guessed these quotes were from him. I'm surprised.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2016 :  09:20:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I got this from one of his talks. Love how gentle and soft he is.
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2016 :  11:12:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
If you have time, write some links to your favorite talks. I'm interested. It's very different than the book I read.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2016 :  2:03:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
In this video he speaks about how our relationships change.

The Implications of Realizing Our True Nature, Rupert Spira

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EIiT16Ffh8

Edited by - sunyata on Aug 03 2016 2:04:43 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2016 :  12:10:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
So I'm guessing Rupert wouldn't approve of Jerry Maguire's famous statement to his lover: "You complete me."

Also, I make demands of those I love. And I'm fine with others making demands of me. It just has to be done with finesse, that's all. Non-violently. But, to remove demands from the equation completely is too lax, too apathetic. We need to demand things from each other, at times. That's how we progress. Most of all, we need to demand things within our relationship to our ishta. Paramahansa Yogananda was blissfully forthcoming about how he constantly demanded things from God.

Going back to the Jerry Maguire quote, I certainly feel more and more complete as my demands are met within the relationships I have. Of course, those demands are granted not by force, but by grace and voluntary will. So, I'm not demanding in an overly aggressive manner; I'm doing it with love. Mostly. Practice makes perfect.

I might not say out loud: "I demand you to do so-and-so," but internally, the power is there...then released into stillness. Out loud, it usually comes out much more polite.

Some people can't meet our demands, and that's OK. But some can, and when they do, it's sublimely satisfying, isn't it? If I am demanding God to provide me with a good massage, and a human therapist acts on God's behalf, how awesome is that! If I am demanding that God make me a good massage therapist, and I receive positive feedback from a client, that is equally awesome!

Beggars get crumbs from the table. Demanders get an abundance, with plenty to share.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2016 :  08:35:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Bodhi Tree

So I'm guessing Rupert wouldn't approve of Jerry Maguire's famous statement to his lover: "You complete me."

Probably not and I agree with Rupert. This is coming from someone who enjoys watching chick flicks. If I had heard Rupert 8 to 10 years ago, I would disagree and think he is not human.

This has been an evolution in my relationships, so the video resonates. I communicate in my relationships but drop expectations. The expectation is too being dropped in silence. Similarly I release all my needs and desires in Samayama, like you described you do.

With dropping expectations, I've found True Intimacy everywhere.

To quote yogani "The only true infinite intimacy to be found is in our enlightenment. It is an internal affair in each of us -- the divine union of our inner polarities."

"Even looking into another's eyes is outward, unless we are looking from the perspective of inner silent pure bliss consciousness cultivated in meditation".

quote:
Some people can't meet our demands, and that's OK. But some can, and when they do, it's sublimely satisfying, isn't it? If I am demanding God to provide me with a good massage, and a human therapist acts on God's behalf, how awesome is that! If I am demanding that God make me a good massage therapist, and I receive positive feedback from a client, that is equally awesome!

Yes. I'm happy for you my friend.

quote:
Beggars get crumbs from the table. Demanders get an abundance, with plenty to share.

What? Are you calling me a beggar. That's okay.

Relationships is where rubber meets the road. In my humble opinion, an ideal relationship (if there is such a thing) would be where two wholesome people come together. These are probably rare. This is how I feel till today. It may change tomorrow, who knows.

Edited by - sunyata on Aug 04 2016 08:43:13 AM
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2016 :  09:18:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Quote Sunyata,
quote:
Relationships is where rubber meets the road. In my humble opinion, an ideal relationship (if there is such a thing) would be where two wholesome people come together. These are probably rare. This is how I feel till today. It may change tomorrow, who knows.

Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2016 :  09:55:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2016 :  09:59:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Another favorite...Ahhhh..yess

Rupert Spira - Love

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhGFPO2dgaA
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2016 :  11:00:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by sunyata

This is coming from someone who enjoys watching chick flicks.

Do you have any good ones to recommend?

quote:

Relationships is where rubber meets the road. In my humble opinion, an ideal relationship (if there is such a thing) would be where two wholesome people come together.

I like that. I know some wholesome people (one named Sunyata, for instance). I like being with them. I like merging with them.

Well, I guess I'll keep working on uniting my inner polarities, even though it can be a little demanding on my nervous system, and even though my mind has great expectations based on Yogani's extravagant claims that cosmic consciousness and infinite intimacy are possible in this lifetime.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2016 :  12:59:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

This is coming from someone who enjoys watching chick flicks.

Do you have any good ones to recommend?

Too many to list. To name a few. Last Sunday, I watched 27 dresses again. Love Katherine Heigl's character

A walk to remember.
10 things I hate about you.
P.S. I love you
Bridget Jones Diary
50 first dates
The Notebook
The devil wears prada
Bend it like Beckham
My best friend's wedding
Bring it on

This list does not do justice.

I'll take wholesome. It's an honor to know you too. I'm still working on uniting my inner polarities~work in progress.

Edited by - sunyata on Aug 04 2016 2:15:31 PM
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2016 :  3:20:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
rupert is a beautiful man.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2016 :  12:06:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Perfect. I've heard of some of those and now I have a little more inspiration to watch them. Thank you.
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2016 :  6:14:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh Bodhi,

My hubby could release in stillness all of his demands for me. That's freaking trying to control someone, not Samyama at all. Actually, my benefit might not benefit his ideal of what should happen.

What you said sounds passive aggressive to me. Oh well, I'm like that. I could be misinterpreting it, but I'm pretty awesome, so I doubt it.

Edited by - lalow33 on Aug 07 2016 6:24:19 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2016 :  7:32:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by lalow33

I could be misinterpreting it, but I'm pretty awesome, so I doubt it.

I agree with your awesomeness.

Rupert Spira is perfect as he is. For anyone that doesn't want to make demands, that is also perfect. And for anyone that has high demands upon themselves or others...guess what?—that's perfect too. It's just a matter of preference and style. I respect freedom of choice 100%.

Perfection expresses in many ways, which makes things interesting. Diversity.
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2016 :  8:00:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting. I like your awesomeness as well.

I can post from the book I read, but it's very different from sunyata' s quotes. I didn't look at the dates.

Edited by - lalow33 on Aug 07 2016 8:01:36 PM
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2016 :  08:20:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Lalow,

Go ahead and post. Any words coming through Rupert is Amrita. It's intoxicating.
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
867 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2016 :  08:11:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
...to remove demands from the equation completely is too lax, too apathetic. We need to demand things from each other, at times. That's how we progress.

Hi Bodhi,
I think that you are right on the spot when you talk about "demands." Demands release into stillness. The way you talk about demands reminds me of the way Yonathan spoke about intentions in a recent post. Demands and intentions seem to me aspects of the dharma, the purpose of life. When we meditate, we express the intention to find out who we are. We demand to find out who we are. Gradually, coming back home becomes the theme of our entire life, and this includes our relationships.

Without the dharma, without intentions and demands, life does not necessarily align with its source. Not in a deep conscious way. Without intentions, our efforts are diffused. How likely is to find anything when you are not looking? How like is to recognize its value?

In time, we realize that we have never did anything. The One has driven our car the entire time.

Bodhi, your endeavour to express in words what is beyond the mind is inspiring. Working to make a new language for a new world.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2016 :  5:34:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, Blanche. The feeling is mutual. Your perspective is very valuable to me.
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
867 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2016 :  08:29:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Bodhi
Go to Top of Page

Prem

Canada
90 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2016 :  12:50:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Prem's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"We still have relationships but we relieve the other person of the demand to fulfill our sense of lack, to fulfill our sense of emptiness. So we are not using the other as an object to continually fill up our sense of emptiness, which of course another can never do".
Rupert is a beautiful soul.

Edited by - Prem on Aug 13 2016 12:47:41 PM
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2016 :  8:31:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well, I'm not quoting because it takes a page to a chapter for a sentence or paragraph to make sense. I'll paraphrase
Knowing knows knowing. There's nothing but experience experiencing itself. Go to your direct experience. Nothing is closer or further away.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2016 :  7:53:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by lalow33

Knowing knows knowing. There's nothing but experience experiencing itself. Go to your direct experience. Nothing is closer or further away.

Thank you. These sentences says it all.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2016 :  7:54:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Prem

"We still have relationships but we relieve the other person of the demand to fulfill our sense of lack, to fulfill our sense of emptiness. So we are not using the other as an object to continually fill up our sense of emptiness, which of course another can never do".
Rupert is a beautiful soul.

Yes, Prem. How nourishing are these words.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000