Yoga, Science and Philosophy
 Bhuma and Infinity
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Frank-in-SanDiego

USA
363 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2006 :  8:55:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Frank-in-SanDiego's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hari Om
~~~~~~~
We have been discussing the Infinite, Bhuma (fullness) on many posts… this is a most fortunate thing to do. For those that aspire to Brahman, having the concept and undersanding of this Brahman is important. Who says this is of import? Sanatkumara.

What does the great rishi’s say of this Infinite , that will give us guidance? Narada asks this of Sanatkumara, from the Chandogya Upanishad, Sanatkumara says to Naradha:
“ So I say once again that Bhuma, the Fullness, is Bliss. How can you enter into this Bhuma unless you know what Bhuma is? You must, therefore, know what Fullness is,” says Sanatkumara. “ please tell me what this Bhuma is. Please introduce me to this great mystery of Being that you call Bhuma. What is Bhuma? What is this Fullness? What is this completeness?

Here is the definition,” says Sanatkumara. “Where one sees nothing except one's own Self, where one hears nothing except one's own Self, where one understands nothing except one's own Self, that is Bhuma, the Absolute; and where one sees something outside oneself, where one hears something outside oneself, where one understands or thinks something outside oneself, that is the finite.”
It is my humble opinion as an aspirant (sadhu) of enlightenment,one needs to be aware of the 'flavor', the essence of what the end state is.
I have listened to many that has said, I have experienced this slience, is that it? is that the end state? We look to those that lived this fullness for answers to this. They can guide and teach.

Talking, listening, experiencing and understanding are key. Again, who says this is important:

In Vasistha's Yoga, or conversation of the rishi Vasistha with Rama he says to Rama "There are 4 gatekeepers at the entrance to the realm of enlightenment, that is self-control, spirit of enquiry, contentment, and good company" ( good company in this case is the surroundings of those in the Spirit, some say satsang)

"He who wears the armor of self control is not harmed by sorrows." Enquiry, the study of wisdom, the bible, the Vedas, the Upanishads, etc. he says " the intelligence becomes keen and is able to realize the Supreme";
With Contentment - "one does not crave" and one that is not content in the SELF will be subjected to sorrow. The company of the wise and enlightened "enlarges ones intelligence" and "is superior to all other forms of religious practice like charity, austerity, pilgrimage, rites, etc". He concludes by saying " if you cannot practice all 4 , practice one."

pranams,

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000