New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 18

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2016 :  1:47:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with sunyata. I would not worry about it too much. You are doing fine. You are reading the lessons slowly. This is self-pacing(and you don't even recognize it).
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2016 :  09:39:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
ok so wait.. growing up were taught to pay attention to almost everything that our body does. Now your saying I'm not supposed to pay that much attention to it? Especially when it will eventually be life changing?
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2016 :  11:28:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I am trying not to micro manage every symptom but last night was weird. It almost felt like I had a strong headache in my head almost like pressure like some have posted about. It was strong enough that I almost passed out. I went to bed really early and slept in also because it felt like I was getting sick. I have not done much reading over the past week or so like some of you had suggested me do other than checking my post. So I tried reading again this morning and started to feel better because of it.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2016 :  5:13:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi JR8036,

Sometimes it takes years for the energy to calm down.Good to know you have cut down on reading. Slowly you'll get used to the energy surges. Self pace and ground are the mantras to stick to when the energy is overwhelming.

Sunyata

Edited by - sunyata on Jun 05 2016 5:14:05 PM
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2016 :  6:26:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Surges? Years!? I have felt surges before or that is what I thought they were(energy going up my spine). I have never had headaches or i guess you can say migranes this strong accompanied by them. I do feel better now than what I did yesterday. thankfully
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2016 :  06:06:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi JR8036,

Have you seen the post at the top of this forum and answered the questions there?

If you have not, then it would be good if you could do that. It makes it easier for people to offer help if they know more about what is going on.

It is here:

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....=11628#11628

You can copy and paste the questions into here.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2016 :  07:31:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
1. What are your symptoms and how long have you had them? Are your symptoms primarily physical, psychological, or both?

psychological, I have felt surges going up my spine, as i recently posted headaches are just starting to occur and oh yea i still have birthing pangs from time to time

2. Are your symptoms ongoing, or intermittent? If intermittent, when are they most likely to occur -- during what kind of activity and/or time of the day? Is your sleep affected?

It depends most of the time intermittent in the evening when I am most relaxed or right before I fall asleep

3. Do you consider your situation with kundalini to be the result of spiritual practices, or do you regard it to be spontaneous?

I would consider it spontaneous as I first posted it started when I started to experiment with myself sexually but as I kept on researching I might have just been following what k was telling me to do

4. What sort of spiritual practices have you been engaged in, if any? How long? How often? Are you aware that excessive spiritual practice can aggravate kundalini, often with a delayed reaction?

I would say mostly going to church on Sundays especially when I was younger but nothing related to K

5. Do you consider yourself to be “sensitive” to spiritual practices? If so, with what practices, and what sort of measures have you taken to accommodate your sensitivity?

I would say yes I am sensitive to practices. I have not done much of anything to accommodate it

6. Do you think drugs have contributed to your kundalini situation?

no, the only thing I have done is smoked and drinked and within the past year have quit both

7. Have you experienced traumatic events in your life that may have a bearing on your current symptoms?

no not that I know of

8. Is your sexual lifestyle affecting your symptoms? Are you aware that obsessively limiting sexual release can increase kundalini energy and symptoms?

At first they were but I am trying my best to cut back down on them the best I can

9. What is your general diet? Are you aware that a lighter diet can stimulate kundalini?

mostly a lot of meat hamburger, steaks, I don't eat as many vegetables as I should I am sure but with this going on not sure I should anyway.

10. Do you engage in moderate exercise regularly, like walking, yard work, etc? Are you aware that regular exercise can help stabilize ("ground") kundalini symptoms?

No not on a regular basis

11. Are you a highly devotional person? Are you aware that excessive devotional activity, satsang or spiritual study can aggravate an active kundalini?

No, I have tried to be but since then have stopped when I realized what was going on

12. Are you engaged in ordinary daily activities like a job, school, family, parenting, social activity, service to others? Are you aware that such activities, undertaken without spiritual intention or expectations, can help ground excessive kundalini energies?

I do have a job and that is it.

13. Have you been examined and treated by a medical doctor or mental health professional for your symptoms in the past? If so, what was the result?

No, because up until this event I have been relatively healthy and no need for a dr there for I do not have a dr.

14. Are there other factors and/or measures you are taking in relation to your situation that are not covered above?

No

15. Optional: What is your approximate age (teen, 20s, 30s, 40s, etc.)? What is your gender? We ask because the manifestation of kundalini symptoms can be affected by these factors.

male, 36 yrs

Edited by - JR8036 on Jun 06 2016 08:02:24 AM
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2016 :  08:44:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi JR8036,

Thanks for answering those questions.

Based on your answers, I would say these things:

Try to go out walking for a couple of hours each day if you can. This should help a lot with the headaches/ migraines that you have started experiencing. Headaches are caused by too much prana flowing up into the higher centres, without it being balanced (grounded) towards the earth. Walking, gardening and yard work can all help to balance out the energy.

It is common for symptoms to become stronger before people fall asleep, or when they are relaxed. This is because the mind becomes quiet at those times and kundalini can rise up simply because the mind is quiet or silent. So staying active is important and engaging in social activity . Obviously you need to sleep every night, so that cannot be avoided.

Keep sexual activity to a minimum. Sexual activity causes kundalini to flare up, increasing any negative symptoms you are getting. On the converse of that, complete abstinance of all sexual activity, can also cause prana to build up in the lower centres over time. So best not to go to the extreme of absolute chastity over the long term either. But in the short term, avoiding sexual activity is advisable.

As the kundalini moves through your body, it will purify it. This happens on the subtle level, but also to a certain extent on the physical level. So it is helpful to have a purer diet, which will mean that the kundalini energy is not constantly having to work to clear out toxins caused by food. For now, a heavier diet is advised, but thinking more long term, introducing more vegetables and fruit, and cutting down on meat would be advisable.

It does not sound like there is any need for you to go to a doctor. Your symptoms are very classical in terms of a kundalini awakening and I suspect a doctor would simply be baffled by what you describe, or give you some anti-headache pills (Asprin etc.). Unfortunately prostaglandin inhibitors like Asprin do not work for relieving kundalini symptoms. It would be great if they did.

Bringing youir attention deliberately to what is happening, will cause kundalini to become more active. So yes, keeping yourself busy and active and not paying too much attention to what is going on, will help to calm things down. Whatever you were taught elsewhere, this is the case with kundalini. When things have settled down and the negative symptoms subside, you will be able to bring your attention to the process that is occurring. In fact there will be times when it will be extremely blissful and ecstatic to do so.

If you are able to use grounding practices effectively and your headaches and other problematic symptoms subside, you could look towards building a regular spiritual practice, as others have suggested in this thread. This will help you to give direction to the changes that are taking place in the body, and to establish calm and peace in your mind, which will help you to go through the transformation without too much, or any, turmoil. With a silent mind, pretty much anything can be happening on the surface and it won't trouble us. This is why meditation is always the corner stone of any real yogic practice.

If you have not done so already, I would recommend that you get hold of a copy of "Advanced Yoga Practices: Easy Lessons for Ecstatic Living Vol One" by Yogani. It contains all the instruction that you need to build up a regular daily yoga practice. The focus of the book is on meditation, pranayama and other techniques such as mudras and bandhas, that are used to work with the energy of kundalini. All of the information in the book, and a great deal more, is also available on the AYP Plus website.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2016 :  5:30:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for the detailed answer its good to know that there is no need for me to see a dr. Wish I would have known that aspirin does nothing for my headaches before short term they did seem to work but not for long term sigh...an hour or 2 of walking everyday would kill me right now if k doesn't do it first. Guess I need to find somewhere to start on that. Maybe 30min for now in the beginning?

Nothing like making me feel guilty for taking a break after getting home from work..lol... Guess my days of absolutely doing nothing are over. If I want to feel better that is.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2016 :  6:20:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
JR8036,

You received excellent advise from Christi. Your post made me smile. Humor is another important tool in this path.

Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2016 :  8:19:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
@ Sunyata,

I try to do my best!

on the other hand you guys don't know how hard it is going to be for me to change. I am not social and not very active either. I am trying to change but this will take a while.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2016 :  02:50:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
an hour or 2 of walking everyday would kill me right now if k doesn't do it first. Guess I need to find somewhere to start on that. Maybe 30min for now in the beginning?

Hi JR8036,

Yes, start out at 20 - 30 mins a day of walking a gradually build up the time. After a while, you will start to feel more grounded and the symptoms will subside and you can ease off on the walking if you want to.

Everything is done in this way, starting out small and building up gradually. You will need to build new patterns into your life. It can be done!

Christi
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2016 :  07:25:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thank you again for the info ..starting to walk changing my diet and try to take my mind off this subject for a while is there anything else I need to work on? for now without over doing it?

Edited by - JR8036 on Jun 07 2016 07:30:26 AM
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2016 :  08:06:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi JR8036,

That sounds like a good start.

Give that a go for a few days or weeks and see how you get on.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2016 :  09:38:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by JR8036

thank you again for the info ..starting to walk changing my diet and try to take my mind off this subject for a while is there anything else I need to work on? for now without over doing it?

Agree with Christi. Like the saying- it takes 21 days to build or break a habit. Take small steps, don't pressure yourself to change overnight.
With continued practice- things will start falling off effortlessly. Till then a little effort is required.

Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2016 :  3:13:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

@ Sunyata,

I try to do my best!

on the other hand you guys don't know how hard it is going to be for me to change. I am not social and not very active either. I am trying to change but this will take a while.

Yea right! I do know. I'm telling you, you are doing fine. You can walk a bit more. One thing at a time.
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2016 :  9:24:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
ok thanks...I may need help all the way through this I hope it does not pick up any faster than what it has if it has.
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2016 :  8:02:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You will be best off if you don't focus on symptoms which is superhard not to. I'm not a teacher or enlightened. You are welcome to disregard what I say.. You can always email me if ya need to.
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2016 :  1:55:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
lalow did you get my email? if not you can email me there is at least 1 or more questions I would like to ask u
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2016 :  4:04:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, I sent one back.
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2016 :  07:49:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Do strange dreams play a role? The past couple months have been really strange. The weird thing is up until 2016 I have had very few if any, now I have several a week sometimes and the ones I do have are very STRANGE!
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2016 :  09:12:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, very common. It's purification. Things that do not serve us and needs to be let go are released in form of strange dreams.

Edited by - sunyata on Jun 30 2016 12:43:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2016 :  12:17:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Strange dreams.

Yes lucid and even strange dreams are a part of it.

It is more than just purification though. It is purification also.

This is a phase of growth and your awareness is growing, developing and maturing into being capable of being present in different states of existence without a corporeal body and it is important to learn how to exist this way because one day you are going to loose the body you have. People cal this death.

If you find yourself aware of a dream and realize you are participating in a dream life especially if it is during some annoying scenes or one you would rather not participate in or be made a victim of during then focus in your throat chakra feel it and see it glowing red then take control of the dream.

Dream lives are very real while you are there until you realize it for what it is but even then you still may be stuck so learn to be in control.

Last night I was dreaming I was on the road driving down the highway in an old white Ford Pickup truck from the 1980's and pulled over because it was late and dark on this winding road with tall trees to either side up in the mountains. A dog had already jumped running across the road in front of me and I almost hit it.

So I pulled over parked the truck in the parking lot which was mostly defined by small rock and railroad ties with a bar and restaurant.

Walked inside to get a cup of coffee and something to eat. The place was pretty crowded with rough characters sporting disgusting unkept beards and the filthy looking faces and most of them were in need of a shower for the better part of a week. The place reeked of tobacco, stale beer and the talk was loud and deafening due to so many hooting and hollering having a good time.

The place fairly reeked of unwashed humans and the women while beardless for the most part were not much better. Long sleeve plaid shirts button style with blue jeans and boots was pretty much the style.

When I pulled in there were 3 guys who saw me pull in and were talking among themselves jeering about the new comer = me. I realized then that there might be trouble. So I put my right hand to my hip where my trusty hunting knife was and was relieved by its familiar shape. ( FYI I never carry a Hunting Knife in daily life)

After eating a steak and potato dinner I paid my bill and was alert while leaving the diner and the fog had crept in making things worse so I pulled out a high intensity flashlight from my pocket pointed it up and adjusted the beam settings.

It was so dark I could hardly see and wondered how the beam was hardly cutting through the Stygian darkness.

After making my way back around the building to the parking area I was looking for my truck and saw a few drunken louts sitting about giggling over what they thought was a matter of high comedy and pointing in the general direction of my truck.

The front end of my truck had been jacked up and the front suspension removed and left laying on the ground in pieces. My first thought was oh great it must have been those assholes from earlier having themselves a grand old time harassing outsiders then I though hmmm how am I going to reassemble this mess without tools?

I looked at the giggling idiots and asked them who the hell did this and where could I find them? They thought this was even funnier yet and were laughing themselves silly.

Change of scenery I am in a grey and white distopian cityscape and there is a young black girl in desperate need of medical help being ignored in the hallway sitting there coughing like crazy while waiting to be seen and I find myself doing my best to avoid getting coughed on and realize I need to make my way out of there and get back to my truck I have allot of work to do putting that front suspension back together and have people waiting on me to get to California.

So I make my way through the cold sterile antiseptic old tiled government health clinic hell hole and find the exit door and bolt past the air conditioning air handlers relieved to be out of that building.

Scene change back in the parking lot.

At this point I realize I am in a dream.

I close my dream eyes focus in my throat chakra and resist waking up and feeling the kundalini growing there see it turn red then the power spreads through my entire dream form.

The attitude is now one okay now this $hit I$ going to go down different.

First step I defy gravity and raise a few feet up off the ground. Then looking at the drunken idiots demand to know where those who had disassembled my truck had gone and who were they?

They kept laughing enjoying seeing me in the air. I realized they had lost their minds if they ever had any so I just reached in and took the information from their thoughts as the question alone had brought the needed information even though they refused to do anything but laugh.

So up in th air I soared led to those who had damaged my property and thought to myself now that there is no need for vehicular transportation there is no need for this but still something needs to be done about this behavior.

Found all three sitting around a fire in front of a filthy trailer out in the woods having a grand old time talking about how the f***** that strangers truck up and how they wish they could have seen his face when he came out and how he was going to leave the truck behind and rent a car and their plans for the parts while he was waiting for it to get towed and fixed as they had done to so many before.

Form a height of about twenty feet I looked down on them and said oh really? Is that how it goes with you folks around here well let me show you something.

They were panicked buy the site of a man standing in mid air so I reached out my hands and all three of their vehicles became airborne.

They wanted to run but I prevented their bodies from moving. I said to them you think this is fun interfering in other people lives?

You have no idea who these strangers are and no regard for the added difficulty you are causing others. It is not fair and it is not right!

It is time someone taught you children a lessen. With that I reached out and disassembled their vehicles in mid air without laying a hand on them and piled the parts up in nice little pyramid formations according to function.

Then I lifted them up in the air and with smoldering eyes demanded to know just who the hell they thought they were and how dare you mistreat others.

I sat them back down after giving them a good scolding and told them enjoy reassembling your vehicles and brought mine parts and all through the air and reassembled the suspension right in front of them without lifting a finger and gently lowered my beat up old truck to the ground admonishing them to enjoy putting there trucks back together I am certain you will not have as easy of a time as I have and to be careful who they try to victimize you never know who you are going to meet.

Started the truck rolled down the highway and watched them in the rear view mirror gathering their parts trying to put things back together.

Decided to help and as I was driving away reached out pulled them aside put the trucks they were driving back up in the air and reassembled the vehicles for them 2 beeps waved as I drove away.

Now to help that little black girl with the pig tails. in that horrible place, side stepped reality back into that corridor of tile was standing there and the walk was going to take too long so once again defied gravity by about 2 feet as the ceilings were a bit low and standing accelerated trough the air looking for her.

When I saw her I put my feet on the ground walked up to her knelt down in fornt of her where she was sitting in the chair and I took her hand looked into her gorgeous chocolate eyes and said don't fear sweetheart everything is going to be okay you are alright right now and flowed prana through my arms into my hands and into her driving out the damaging illness of tuberculosis.

Her eyes turned blue and she had a great big smile on her cute little face.

At this time I looked up through the top of my head and realized it was nearly time to re enter the daily life as the alarm was ready to go off so with a sigh I thought to myself okay well here we go again back to that.

Exited the dream world and looked at the clock, congratulations up with 3 minutes to spare.

Time to get going.

In time lucid dreaming can become very real and easily remembered.

Better to have control when that becomes the norm, if you do not then one day you will figure it out. Until then it can become a bit much.

quote:

Do strange dreams play a role? The past couple months have been really strange. The weird thing is up until 2016 I have had very few if any, now I have several a week sometimes and the ones I do have are very STRANGE!

Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2016 :  8:37:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for that story which that does remind me that in one dream I thought to myself now I know this is not real because I was doing something that I would not do. I don't remember what it was now. I almost started laughing when I realized that and that was probably when I woke up I am sure.

Or just like last night I was in one were I was playing a piano on a stage in front of a crowd again something I have never done. Then I intentionally messed up and looked down and saw the keys lighting up. I looked at the crowd then I took off. Now I look back and I'm like wtf...lol why did I do that?
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2016 :  8:52:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This is kind of ironic a couple months ago I found out about lucid dreaming and tried to learn something about it but gave up because it looked hard to do and now it looks like I'm gonna need to do it!?

Edited by - JR8036 on Jun 30 2016 8:54:40 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 18 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000