New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 18

sunyata

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2016 :  11:35:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Bodhi Tree

I would advise trying some affirmational self-inquiry, such as thinking to oneself: "I am kundalini." That way, there's more unity, and less conflict. If you mentally and emotionally feed the idea that kundalini is going to turn your brain upside down, or make things difficult, then you will perpetuate an antagonistic relationship. However, if you mentally and emotionally feed the idea that kundalini will nurture, enrich, and enliven your brain, and make things enjoyable, then that's exactly what will happen. Symbiosis. Homeostasis.

Yoga is for merging. In every man, there is a woman. And in every woman, there is a man. And there is the Spirit beyond gender.

Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2016 :  1:02:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Charliedog

In a creative mood I framed today a nicely colored buddha and hang in on the wall next to the front door. It says What we think we become

Bingo! Can anyone say "samyama"?
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2016 :  1:37:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
If you are getting your brain turned upside down, I'd recommend grounding and slowing down. Samyama, inquiry, replacing thoughts work better when energy doesn't have you whacky or upside down or however you want to put it.
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2016 :  2:23:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
With my vacation coming up I will have no choice but to slow down on my meditation because I won't have as much free time as I normally do. Plus I will be walking more and getting outside more than what I normally do.

Oh and ty sunyata I will probably be ok once I get in the air I am sure it's the anticipation of what may happen before hand

Edited by - JR8036 on Dec 08 2016 2:25:08 PM
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2016 :  8:34:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Think that trip was the best thing for me but, at the same time. My sits went down hill while I was gone even skipped a day because I was busy. Most I could do was 5min sits. For some reason when I got back I was so ready to get back to what I was doing of course it took a couple days to do it but it wasn't long before I was back up to 20min.

Think I am now realizing that I am getting addicted to meditation. Especially when I do my best everyday to do it.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2016 :  01:37:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2016 :  07:20:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Another thing that came to me this morning is I feel like someday I may loose my ego. I feel it's coming weather I like it or not.

I have looked up ego death before and not sure that is something that I am ready to face.

Edited by - JR8036 on Dec 19 2016 07:30:49 AM
Go to Top of Page

Wolfgang

Germany
470 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2016 :  07:33:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Wolfgang's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by JR8036

Another thing that came to me this morning is I feel like someday I may loose my ego. I feel it's coming weather I like it or not.

I have looked up ego death before and not sure that is something that I am ready to face.

your True Self is individual spirit, the True Self has Ego,
please don't try to destroy this Ego
My 2 cents
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2016 :  07:39:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
im hoping it was just a thought. It's not something I am striving for by no means at all. Kinda hoping this passes like everything else I have came across.

Another thing I was thinking about it might be I am gaining inner silence. And the feeling of nothingness just keeps coming to me. Which might be why I'm mistaking it for ego death or maybe both is happening?

Edited by - JR8036 on Dec 19 2016 07:50:00 AM
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2016 :  04:07:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi JR8036

The ego cannot die because it is not alive. It is only a creation of the mind. So you do not need to have any worries there.

You can find more information on the ego and it's relationship to spiritual practices here:

Lesson 428 - The Transformation of Ego

When we enter inner silence (samadhi), we do not lose anything that is real.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2016 :  07:50:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ok thanks,

Because my past couple sits, there is times where all I feel is my head. I know the rest of my body is still connected to me but, I do not feel them or not as strong I do when I am awake. I feel like this body less meditater. There is also times when I simply think nothing.

Edited by - JR8036 on Dec 20 2016 08:03:53 AM
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2016 :  08:07:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi JR8036,

Losing consciousness of the body is a normal part of meditation and happens as the mind begins to operate at a more subtle level. It is nothing to be concerned about. When you come out of meditation you will become conscious of your body again.

Experiencing a silent mind without thoughts is also a normal part of meditation and you may find yourself in silence for a while. When you notice that you are off the manta, you simply come back to the mantra again.

Good things are happening.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2016 :  10:57:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ok thanks,

Yes when I get up my body goes back to normal. It might take a couple min to do that but it does. One thing I was thinking about is during Last night's sit, I could feel the unconsciousness slowly creap into my brain as well. At first I was like just let it happen what could happen other than me passing out?
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2242 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2016 :  9:39:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
At first I was like just let it happen...

This is proper instinct. In DM, surrender all.
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2016 :  06:34:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Is surrender the same as letting go? Because everywhere I go everyone says let go and always wondered what that meant
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2016 :  07:15:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes it is, surrender means don't strive, don't do.....let it be for what it is, silently observe the breath or listen to the mantra and let go......just be.
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2016 :  11:00:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, it was exactly what I thought it meant.

So my thoughts of letting happen to my body what was happening was right then
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2016 :  11:20:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Surrender isn't something we can do, surrender or let go happens if the mind is silent......
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2016 :  4:10:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
So I guess that would be the final stage of inner silence?
It's getting a bit deep for me.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2016 :  4:19:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
JR,

There is no final stage. It keeps deepening and unfolding.
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2016 :  5:52:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I can't imagine it getting deeper, there is times throughout the day that I already think nothing. I mean literally nothing!

Now when ppl ask what I'm thinking I can honestly say nothing! Lol

Edited by - JR8036 on Dec 21 2016 5:56:37 PM
Go to Top of Page

jean

Germany
107 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2016 :  11:41:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by JR8036

I can't imagine it getting deeper, there is times throughout the day that I already think nothing. I mean literally nothing!

Now when ppl ask what I'm thinking I can honestly say nothing! Lol

Enjoy the silence
It's a very natural state actually to have no thoughts. Life just happens, no need to think about it
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2016 :  09:37:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Had a dream I went to jail last night. No I have never been there. I have been in trouble before but never anything serious. It wasn't a nightmare just disappointed that I had to have a dream like that on Christmas weekend. Bad thing is was it was soooo clear and vivid it felt like I was really there too till I woke up.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2016 :  12:05:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I've been in jail a few times--three to be exact. It's fun! NOT.

Sometimes I have dreams of being back in jail, or being chased by the cops. I usually find a way to wiggle my way out.

Freedom.
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2016 :  2:38:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I would imagine it's not fun. But, I just can't imagine why I would have a dream like that. Unless I'm sure it's like others I have had which probably mean nothing.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 18 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000