Illuminated Poetry, Quotations and Stories
 The Eagle's Gift
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2006 :  12:38:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I am already given to the power that rules my fate
And cling to nothing, so I will have nothing to defend
I have no thoughts, so I will see
I fear nothing, so I will remember myself.
Detached and at ease I will dart past the eagle to be free

From Carlos Castaneda's "The eagle's Gift"

Richard

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2006 :  2:38:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

"To cross over to freedom does not mean eternal life as eternity is commonly understood--that is, as living forever. Rather, warriors can keep their awareness, which is ordinarily relinquished at the moment of dying. At the moment of crossing the entire body is kindled with knowledge. Every cell at once becomes aware of itself and also aware of the totality of the body."

Don Juan, from The Eagle's Gift
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2006 :  2:46:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

"To discard everything that is unnecessary is the second principle of the art of stalking. A warrior doesn't complicate things. He aims at being simple. He applies all the concentration he has to decide whether or not to enter into battle, for any battle is a battle for his life. This is the third principle of the art of stalking. A warrior must be willing and ready to make his last stand here and now. But not in a helter-skelter way."

Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2006 :  3:16:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"Applying these principles brings about three results. The first is that stalkers learn never to take themselves seriously; they learn to laugh at themselves. If they are not afraid of being a fool, they can fool anyone. The second is that stalkers learn to have endless patience. Stalkers are never in a hurry; they never fret. And the third is that stalkers learn to have an endless capacity to improvise."

Edited by - Balance on Oct 11 2006 4:41:25 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000