Illuminated Poetry, Quotations and Stories
 Nagual wisdom
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2006 :  4:10:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message

"If a warrior is to succeed in anything, the success must come gently, with a great deal of effort but with no stress or obsession."

"The internal dialogue is what grounds people in their daily world. The world is such and such or so and so, only because we talk to ourselves about its being such and such or so and so. The passageway into the world of shamans opens up after the warrior has learned to shut off his internal dialogue."

Don Juan Matus, from Tales of Power

"Once inner silence is attained, everything is possible. The way to stop talking to ourselves is to use exactly the same method used to teach us to talk to ourselves; we were taught compulsively and unwaveringly, and this is the way we must stop it: compulsively and unwaveringly."

Don Juan Matus, from The Fire From Within

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2006 :  07:26:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have all the Carlos Castaneda books up to "The eagle's Gift" wonderful stuff, I found the later ones after that very different indeed different writing style as well, almost as if they were written by a different person. What do you think

Richard
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2006 :  10:25:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Richard. Yes I agree. I believe that when the later books were written dear Carlos had "remembered himself", if you will. He had indeed become another. He no longer identified himself as a student of anthropology. He had become a warrior and a nagual. I don't think it was another person who wrote them. There are too many similar points of his particular mental process that shine through all of his books.

Alan
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2006 :  10:30:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes I agree with that but the writing is quite unprofessional in fact downright bad in some of the later books, maybe you are right he had become more childlike

Richard
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2006 :  8:35:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I was addicted to Castaneda for many years, and "stopping the internal dialogue" was the best thing that ever happened to me before AYP!
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2006 :  8:50:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Me too! I used to roll up the pages and smoke 'em!
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2006 :  06:09:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Didn't we all we were all looking for that formula for the little smoke weren't we only castaneda fans will understand that he he

Richard
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000