New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2015 :  08:04:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for the contributions to this topic. In my experience, things do not happen randomly in life. KarenVic, this woman is keeping a hold on you for some reason. You have to find out why. The fact that she is married, thus unavailable, makes me think that this is not to become a sexual relationship. You could choose to ignore her, but if you engage with the situation, emotionally and mentally, you will get a spiritual bust. You will know that you got "the message," because the issue will disolve - the hold will disappear.

In my experience, the people we love are 'transparent" for us - we clearly see the Divine in them. One glance of the Divine drives us crazy for It. It is not a person we love - it is the Divine. Recognizing the Divine in one person is the beginning of seeing the Divine in other people- and everywhere else, because all there is is the Divine.

You might like to look up lesson 110, in which Yogani writes:

If your love is unrequited, then let it redirect through bhakti, expand, and flow out to those in need around you. Expanding love knows no boundaries and expects nothing in return.

Best wishes for your path!

Edited by - Blanche on Nov 22 2015 08:07:38 AM
Go to Top of Page

KarenVic

Canada
67 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2017 :  3:25:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Blanche, thank you for your note, sorry its taken so long to respond. I appreciate your insight and non judgement. Lately I have been doing A Course in Miracles along with Yoga. In ACIM it states clearly that a special love relationship hides within it a special hate. I had to acknowledge how angry I was that she would not come out and be with me. I realize too that this is the path she had to take, given her upbringing and I can not judge her. I had to let the pain come and cry a great deal, at the love I hold and the anger. Now I see it just is and she is where she needs to be. I have to let it go or stay in pain, stuck in a dead past. I have been resisting letting her go all these years. I want her to be happy though and myself as well. So now its let go let God.
An Ishta is an ideal not a desired love, I have reevaluated and made an Jesus my Ishta, the way he meant us to love him, not worship.
Thank you for your kindness. love and light K
Go to Top of Page

KarenVic

Canada
67 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2017 :  3:36:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

quote:
The reason you are feeling the energy is because it is hitting on your attachments.

Hi Jonesboy
This really helped, thank you, because that is the crux of the whole thing. Its the path. I am so grateful to you for this insight. Its not a bad thing and in fact its digging up the weeds that makes the garden grown.
Blessing to you in light and love, K
Go to Top of Page

KarenVic

Canada
67 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2017 :  3:41:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

quote:
Yet another possibility not yet mentioned here is one that's in between the personal and impersonal Ishta:

Rather than choosing one specific entity/person/goddess/god, one could choose the qualities of any of these. Usually our attraction to a person is an attraction to qualities they possess, for instance strength, a loving heart, beauty, intelligence, radiance, wisdom, prosperity etc.

The advantage of choosing qualities rather than a specific individual is that the attachment to the specific individual falls, so that there would be no issue of freewill if the chosen individual prefers not to be at the center of devotion.

OmStat
Thank you this is excellent advice and I had not thought of that at all. Devotion to truth, I can live with that. I realize now that I was just falling back into illusion and maya.
Light and love to you
K
Go to Top of Page

KarenVic

Canada
67 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2017 :  3:44:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by lalow33

Hi Karen,

You do not have to work on sexual desire to raise kundalini in my experience. It's possible to meditate and do pranayama and raise kundalini without focusing on sex. It can feel sexual when it starts to happen, but focusing on sexual desire is not a prerequisite. If it's causing you to ruminate in the past, I'd suggest dropping it.

Hello Ialow33
Excellent advice, I have to say that these images were coming up during the most unlikely times, Basti and such. But also during the tantric practice of pre orgasmic stimulation as suggested in the AYP materials. I thought that I needed a focus in my mind and it was her. But I will expand and just feel the energy instead.
all the best to you, light and love
K
Go to Top of Page

Chard

250 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2017 :  10:35:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Karen, I just read this thread and see your original post was a few years ago so I'm not sure how relevant my feedback will be as your circumstances may have changed but I'll weigh in...
You mentioned you are celibate...just to clarify did you make a celibacy vow with any and all people or is this a choice to be celibate with the exception of this woman you love? To be honest, celibacy is not my path and expertise but I would ask that you may examine if celibacy is a commitment coming from your heart or is it a "should- do- to-reach -enlightenment-type thing? When something resonates as a yes for me it resonates with every fiber of my being. So if the answer is yes celibacy then I agree that this love must not be resisted (that's impossible anyway!) but be used to be transmuted spiritually- Transmuting the love into action in the world. Pour all the love, pain, anger into action- create a large project in your community that matches the tsunami of these emotions, write poetry, find expression for it all in a positive way... Thank God for the blessing (or curse!) of it all and let it unravel all that needs to be unraveled in you.
On another note, if partnering with this woman is something that really resonates with every fiber of your being (if she were available) then I think it boils down to choice and action. Have you assumed this woman doesn't share these feelings because she's married? Have your shared your truth with her? This is a delicate and debatable situation. Some would hold the idea of don't interfere and others say do. (Checking Akashic records and soul contacts between souls can give you clarity as to how to proceed as well). I believe that if someone can knock on your door, confess their feelings and the marriage unravels then it is meant to. On the other hand, I had a situation where my husband's friend told me outright that he had romantic feelings for me. I do not share the same feelings for this man and I politely declined him and was upfront with my husband, and it made no impact on our marriage. I'm also not sure how much of a lure you would be as a celibate woman for this woman to step out of a cushy marriage? Perhaps she sees you as unattainable? Who knows.The bottom line is I think there needs to be honest communication and a willingness to accept whatever truth arises.
I cannot speak on the value of celibacy for spiritual growth but I can say that I believe that humans who desire and choose to be together reap the joy of celebrating together the divine love seen in each other's eyes. Aka. divine- love- making. Otherwise why are we here on Earth if not to give and share our love with others.
Sending you light Karen! Hope my two cents helps...

Edited by - Chard on Jun 29 2017 11:12:21 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000