Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 When can I practice Samyama?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MrCuddly

USA
43 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2015 :  07:27:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I've just recently taken up AYP though I've been doing other forms of Kriya practice preceding this.

In my first week I learned how powerful these practices are when combined with deep meditation. I had to scale back to just deep meditation and 5 minutes of spinal breathing without the lock Shambhavi etc.

My question is, what are the prerequisites to doing Samyama? I'd love to start trying it but I've also seen the results of moving too fast.

sunyata

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2015 :  10:20:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,

The prerequisite is some inner silence.
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1731 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2015 :  2:42:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sunyata is right, samyama starts to work when you have at least some inner silence.

Self-pacing is the other important consideration - you are hinting at this, so you must be aware of it. If you've just scaled back your sitting practices, it makes sense to wait till you are certain you are stable with this new routine. When you are, then you can consider introducing samyama.

Perhaps reading through the AYP lessons would be a useful thing to do in the meantime. You will find lots of advice about self-pacing and managing your practice.
Go to Top of Page

MrCuddly

USA
43 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2015 :  11:03:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
So there's no prerequisite other than ongoing deep meditation where you reach a point of stillness. Since the stillness is still hit or miss i guess I just wait. I'll read through the Samyama chapter again Thanks.

Edited by - MrCuddly on Oct 17 2015 11:42:26 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000