AYPsite.org Forum
 Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 Spiritual movies - Fight Club
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2006 :  2:50:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I searched forum for Fight Club but got no matches. Perhaps you have discussed it long ago, since the film was released in 1999. But I just have to write anyway.

I just saw the film with Brad Pitt and Edward Norton. What a movie! It is absolutely BRILLIANT! I laughed and laughed the whole film through. It is great humor, it is soooo funny to recognize one's own struggles with the mind.

What do you think about it?

I didn't even know it was so highly spiritual. I thought it was an action movie of the more traditional kind. But boy, was I fooled.

Now I have seen Matrix, V for Vendetta, Blueberry and this one. "Run Lola, run" (a german movie) is also great. Not to mention Star Wars... =)

What movies would you recommend that are made by conscious people?

Wolfgang

Germany
470 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2006 :  03:44:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit Wolfgang's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I am not sure of the english title as I saw the german version
of "Wie im Himmel" which translates to "Like in Heaven" and the
movie plays in either Norway or Sweden ;-)
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2006 :  08:07:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This topic moved for better placement.

Also see this topic called, "Movies Anyone?"
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....TOPIC_ID=425

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2006 :  3:58:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ah! I should have followed my intuition... I placed it here first and then changed my mind.

Great links in the 425-thread. I'll dig into that.

Wolfgang:

Weee! I am so glad you have seen that movie. It is from Sweden. I saw it and rather quick I understood that my old choir leader must have had something to do with that film. In the end I watched the names of participants and *hepp*: There was the name of my choir leader!

I sang for several years in a choir like the one in the film. The excercises they do in the film are for real. That's how he works with choirs. It is one of the most charismatic persons I have ever met. He is so phenomenal in his way to get people to sing from their hearts and not from their heads.

The scene when they all take one tune... It is SO cool! The trick is to pretend that you focus on the person next to you and feel that the tone you are singing is the tone coming out from his/her throat. Then you tune in on each other perfectly and magic is there! Real magic!

Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2006 :  8:24:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
If anyone says "The Inconvenient Truth" you're just asking for 5 pages of argument and proof against it.
-------------------------------
I love movies that are weird and mysterious, and make you question the nature of reality, like "Being John Malkovich" and "Adaptation"

About the first one:
The film centres around Craig Schwartz, an unsuccessful puppeteer involved in a forlorn marriage with his pet-obsessed wife Lotte.

On the orders of his wife, Schwartz begins to look for work and gets a job as a filing clerk for LesterCorp at their offices on floor 7½ in the Mertin Flemmer building in Manhattan. He gets to this floor by using the emergency stop on the elevator and prying the door open with a crowbar. The entire floor is a rather cramped space, and Craig is forced to bend over as he walks around the office.

One day, after moving a filing cabinet to look for an errant folder, Schwartz discovers a mysterious portal which transports him into the consciousness of John Malkovich - allowing him to observe the world through the eyes of his host for about 15 minutes before being unceremoniously dropped into a ditch by the side of the New Jersey Turnpike on the verge of the City.

The puppeteer reveals his discovery to the beautiful Maxine (who has become the object of Schwartz's unrequited desire). After some initial skepticism, she proposes the two form a business called JM, Inc., selling the experience of being John Malkovich for $200 a pop.

Schwartz tells Lotte about the portal and she tries it, entering Malkovich's consciousness as he takes a shower. She is aroused by the sensation and becomes obsessed with the portal, wanting to return to her host's body immediately. The next time she enters Malkovich he is reading from Chekhov’s The Cherry Orchard when Maxine calls to arrange a meeting with Malkovich at 8:00pm that night.

Lotte returns to the portal at 8:00 that night and finds herself deeply attracted to Maxine, who later claims to have sensed that Lotte was inside Malkovich during the pair's meeting.

Lotte cannot stop thinking about Maxine and invites her to dinner. After eating Lasagne and smoking a joint, both Schwartz and Lotte attempt to kiss Maxine, who refuses both of their advances and reveals that she is not remotely interested in Schwartz but is attracted to Lotte (but only when she is inside Malkovich). The pair arrange a liaison when Lotte is inside Malkovich's body and Maxine makes love to Malkovich as soon as she realises that Lotte is incumbent in his consciousness. . .
There's a LOT more to it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Being_John_Malkovich

Go to Top of Page

Wolfgang

Germany
470 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2006 :  04:56:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit Wolfgang's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi emc,

really pitty he died in the movie ...
besides that, it's a great reminder about the power of vibration !
And aren't we vibrating when we do our IAMing

Here are other movies I like:

Forrest gump

Spirited away (Miyazaki)

Lord of the rings

Star wars

It's a wonderful life (James Steward)

Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2006 :  08:00:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh yeah thanks for reminding me of Miyazaki. Everything he did is wonderful. Most of his works that havent been dubbed in English are actually better than Spirited away if you watch the original Japanese with subtitles. The original Japanese voices fit the characters better. I have the whole collection of Miyazaki on DVD. The art and character development is better than non-animated movies!
Go to Top of Page

Kyman

530 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2006 :  7:40:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kyman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You are not your internet identity, you are not your meditative states, you are not getting this joke if you didn't see the movie.

Did you see the still frames they spliced into the footage. There are four I think.

The one at the end is certainly memorable.

This is one of my all time favorite movies.

Edited by - Kyman on Oct 03 2006 8:47:48 PM
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2006 :  10:29:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
What movie is it Kyman?
Go to Top of Page

Kyman

530 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2006 :  11:38:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kyman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I was referring to Fight Club, but I noticed you mentioned being john m, which was another dvd I wore out. I fell in love with that screen writer after that movie.

Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2006 :  10:36:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, I'll have to see Fight club now. I assumed it to be shallow.
Did UC Adaptation?
Go to Top of Page

chitta_vritti_nirodhah

3 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2006 :  6:52:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit chitta_vritti_nirodhah's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Samsara

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0196069/

Jai Shri Shakti
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000