Member Announcements - Events, Classes & Retreats
 Free Books
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Hunter

USA
252 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2006 :  7:28:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Hunter's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello Everyone,
I have got a number of books that I would like to donate to anyone interested.

Pick any titles that you want.

The titles are (in no specific order):

Dark Night of the Soul by St. John of the Cross

The life of Saint Teresa of Avila by St. Teresa

Bhakti Yoga by Swami Vivekananda

The Holy Science by Swami Sri Yukteswar

Paradiso by Dante Alighieri

Vita Nuova by Dante

Bhagavad Gita (God Talks with Arjuna) by Paramahansa Yogananda

The Second Coming of Christ by Paramahansa Yogananda

Autobiography of a Yogi by Paramahansa Yogananda (Note: I have two copies of this, one is produced by SRF and the other by Ananda)

Whispers From Eternity by Paramhansa Yogananda

Christ Consciousness by Norman Paulsen (Note: 2 copies of this book as well, one version is an earlier print.)

The Sacred Science of Meditation (video) by Norman Paulsen

Conversations with Yogananda by J. Donald Walters

The Art and Science of Raja Yoga by J. Donald Walters

Cities of Light by J. Donald Walters

Hope for a Better World by J. Donald Walters

This House is on Fire (The Life of Shri Dhyanyogi) as told by Shri Anandi Ma

The Way of Perfection by St. Teresa of Avila

The Interior Castle by St. Teresa of Avila

The Devotional Poems of Mirabai

Wings to Freedom by Yogiraj Gurunath Siddhanath

The Qur'an by Abdullah Yusuf Ali

The Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna

In the Heart of the World by Mother Teresa

-End-

Love, Hunter

Edited by - aypmod2 on Jan 26 2007 12:33:32 PM

Hunter

USA
252 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2006 :  9:10:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Hunter's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
For those of you who do not want me to ship to your personal home address, I have a two potential solutions: 1. find a friend who will let you use their P.O. box or 2. ask your supervisor at work if you can have a package shipped to the workplace.
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2006 :  09:18:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Hunter:

What a kind offer. I have sent this to these folks who are building a spiritual library in Romania:

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=1247

Maybe you will hear from them. Of course, I'm sure there are plenty of folks closer by that may contact you too.

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

Hunter

USA
252 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2006 :  1:19:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Hunter's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wonderful, thank you for passing the title list along to the people in Romania.
Go to Top of Page

ACS_Sundari

Romania
1 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2006 :  05:40:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit ACS_Sundari's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello. My name is Eduard Diaconu, and I'm writing in the name of the group which Yogani mentioned. Indeed, it is very generous of you wanting to donate all of those wonderfull books.
Now, please let me tell you a few words about us. We are some kind of a research and study group, trying to evolve our spirit, mind, and body through yoga, and to maintain a high state of awareness regarding the reality which sourrounds us. Saddly, here in Romania it is almost impossible to do such a thing, especially when you use methods wich are generally considered as "unorthodox" (that’s becouse our main path has an oriental source). Most of the people in our country have a pretty narrow vision regarding spirituality, and anything which they can not understand, they classified it as some kind of "heresy" and never look at it again; they are refractory and rigid. Fortunately, there are also open-minded people. Their number is small and their struggle is big, but the fight for freedom will never cease.
Anyway, after a long endeavour, we have succeeded to open a public library. We had the chance to have on our side a town councilor, and with some help from him, we have officialized our group as a Non-Guvernamental Association. Then, to open this library was relatively easy. Though, we still have some minor problems in finding a proper location for it. Right now, the library is located in a pretty old building, but we hope that we will find a more propper location in short time. Well, we have just started this "adventure" with the library (a year ago, nobody knew about us), and those small problems are almost innevitable. But what was really important was done.
At the moment, our patrimony consist in approximately six hundred books and almost two hundred magazines, plus some video tapes and music on CD-s and audio tapes. The subjects of all those are centered on oriental spiritual traditions and philosophy, but we also have books focused on western spiritual paths. And, even if the vast majority of our books are in english, there are days when we have more than 10 visitors. People are really interested, especially in eastern traditions.
We also have a website. It's small and pretty unsophisticated, but, for now, it's all we can do regarding this issue. Here is the adress: www.sundari.way2web.ro
In the end, all we have to say is that it would be wonderful if you could mail us a book or two. You can rest assured that we'll make the the best possible use of anything you can send.

With our very best wishes,
Eduard & friends.
Go to Top of Page

Hunter

USA
252 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2006 :  12:35:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Hunter's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
All books are now reserved.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000