AYPsite.org Forum
 Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Ujjayi
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Slick

5 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2006 :  05:06:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Slick's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi Guys!
In all the time i have been practicing Ujjayi,i inhale and exhale with the throat constricted.This gives me more control over the breath and i can pull it deeper and for longer filling my lungs completely till my clavicles.I dont get that kind of depth and control when i inhale through the nose.This is a bit different than the AYP lessons which mention only the exhalation with the throat constriction.

sadhak

India
604 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2006 :  07:24:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit sadhak's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Slick,
In the group that I attend that follows AYP, I have found people who say the same thing as you, as well as those who swear by what AYP says. Ususally people who've been doing ujjayi for a long time with throat constriction in the inhalation and exhalation like to keep doing it the same way. Whereas breathing in without the constriction places a lot less stress on the lungs. Perhaps you should go with what you're comfortable with, and if you notice any discomfort or changes you can adjust the breathing accordingly.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000