Yamas & Niyamas - Restraints & Observances
 God antennas
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BeezBuzz

Australia
39 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2015 :  08:08:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi,
I have been practicing AYP and reading these forums for a while but was surprised there was no discussion of this, so thought I'd share.

https://www.3ho.org/articles/all-ab...r-yogi-style
All About Hair, Yogi Style
"Consider the possibility that the hair on your head is there to do more than just look good. Man is the only creature who grows longer hair on his head as he grows into adulthood. Left uncut, your hair will grow to a particular length and then stop all by itself at the correct length for you. From a yogic perspective, hair is an amazing gift of nature that can actually help raise the Kundalini energy (creative life force), which increases vitality, intuition, and tranquility."

"The bones in the forehead are porous and function to transmit light to the pineal gland, which affects brain activity, as well as thyroid and sexual hormones. Cutting bangs which cover the forehead impedes this process. When Genghis Khan conquered China, he considered the Chinese to be a very wise, intelligent people who would not allow themselves to be subjugated. He therefore required all women in the country to cut their hair and wear bangs, because he knew this would serve to keep them timid and more easily controlled."

"In addition, hairs are the antennas that gather and channel the sun energy or prana to the frontal lobes, the part of the brain you use for meditation and visualization. These antennas act as conduits to bring you greater quantities of subtle, cosmic energy. It takes approximately three years from the last time your hair was cut for new antennas to form at the tips of the hair."

technoyogi

Canada
158 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2015 :  1:04:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit technoyogi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Long hair certainly has its appeal, but I think like with many things on this path it would only be part of the puzzle. Lots of enlightened bald people throughout history after all :-)

I'd also have to doubt that the pineal gets any visible light wavelengths from outside the body, yet I also don't understand how cutting bangs would impede that process even if the light did get there through the "porous" forehead. Wouldn't cutting all hair actually let more light in if it were true?

If there is any light being generated in and around the pineal it is more likely a kind of bio-luminescence.

Again, I am all for long hair if that helps someone on the level of their own personal devotion or beliefs. But much of that article has a bit of assumptions that sound right but also don't make sense in light of counter examples.

For example, go on a 100% darkness retreat and you will see more light in your pineal after 3 or 4 days in the pure dark than you probably ever have unless you are a very advanced meditator. And this will happen to any person off the street, too, regardless of how long their hair is. Yogis meditate in pure darkness of caves in part for this reason. So external light coming in through the forehead or hair antennas is not at all necessary for pineal light generation.

Hopefully in saying the above I did not sound dismissive, its just that I have a strong science background and I want science and spirituality to work together to advance each other. So it is just my habit now to point out where sites like "spirit science" are right, and also where they are wrong. There is a lot in that article to agree with as well, which again to me just brings it all back to personal choice

Edited by - technoyogi on Mar 30 2015 1:13:02 PM
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2015 :  3:19:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
baldness is part of a cure for vanity
Go to Top of Page

BeezBuzz

Australia
39 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2015 :  01:58:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by technoyogi

I'd also have to doubt that the pineal gets any visible light wavelengths from outside the body, yet I also don't understand how cutting bangs would impede that process even if the light did get there through the "porous" forehead. Wouldn't cutting all hair actually let more light in if it were true?

Hi Technoyogi,
Yeah, I think the author got confused about the bangs and what they were up to there!

The pineal gland is known to b responsive to sun (and full spectrum) light. This light acts as an indicator for the gland to express or repress melatonin synthesis.

"For example, go on a 100% darkness retreat and you will see more light in your pineal after 3 or 4 days in the pure dark than you probably ever have unless you are a very advanced meditator. And this will happen to any person off the street, too, regardless of how long their hair is. Yogis meditate in pure darkness of caves in part for this reason. So external light coming in through the forehead or hair antennas is not at all necessary for pineal light generation."

I don't know much about darkness retreats, but sunlight does not equal instantaneous enlightenment. It's a tool, not necessarily needed, but it can b used.
Also, I believe that inner light you speak of and external light, although one, are probably very different.

"But much of that article has a bit of assumptions that sound right but also don't make sense in light of counter examples. "

The more I learn on the yogic path, the more I feel awed at the vastness and completeness of the knowledge from God Realized Men. I understand u want science and spirituality to intertwine, but science speaks of things in this physical universe, nothing higher.

I don't mean to sound degrading, I just personally believe that the mainstream science has a lot of limitations when speaking of things above gross matter.

Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2015 :  05:10:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"gross matter"?
Matter is hugely concentrated energy: E=mc2
Einstein put us straight on that one over a century ago.
So that line philosophers used to draw between matter and 'more elevated stuff', whatever that may be, is obsolete.
Go to Top of Page

BeezBuzz

Australia
39 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2015 :  06:35:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, poor term to use. My bad.

Though that philosophic line is obsolete, science is proof of seeming realities, and without any proof of higher realities they are unscientific theories or philosophies.

Don't get me wrong, I understand the necessity of science. I only think it's inadequate, at least right now, to deal with higher things.
Go to Top of Page

technoyogi

Canada
158 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2015 :  11:58:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit technoyogi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
We are actually in agreement I think, my point BeezBuzz is more that if people are going to use science to talk spirituality as was done in this article, then it might as well be accurate within the framework of science.

Not that I think science can explain everything. Quite to the contrary, I personally do not think it ever will be able to! Because it is based on the primacy of matter, not consciousness. Yet, since science is in a way the number one religion on earth right now, if we want people to have a higher consciousness, then they are best spoken to in "science".

As for the darkness retreat, what is really happening scientifically speaking is that your brain starts producing the so called "spirit molecule". So even though you have no light at all, this effect can cause the light of 1000 suns to shine in your consciousness. Pretty cool stuff. As to what interface there may be on a scientific level beyond that, maybe it cannot be explained. I like knowing this factoid because it can at least help pure science types to consider things they would not otherwise.

And a darkness retreat will of course not be enlightenment, but it will be a spectacular "enlightenment experience". Assuming no ill effects, I would wish everyone would wake up tomorrow having had one such experience, the world would be a different place. Many more seekers at the very least.
Go to Top of Page

BeezBuzz

Australia
39 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2015 :  01:11:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yep, concur
quote:
Originally posted by technoyogi

I like knowing this factoid because it can at least help pure science types to consider things they would not otherwise.

Yeah, because that spiritual light also has a physical connotation, it can be a bridge between the two consciousnesses!
Go to Top of Page

BeezBuzz

Australia
39 Posts

Posted - May 27 2016 :  12:22:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sadhguru of Isha Kriya says:

"Have you noticed, if you prune a tree, the tree focuses its energy towards the pruned area and the number of leaves that come out in that part of the tree in the next fifteen to thirty days are much more than in other parts of the tree? This happens because the tree directs its energy in the direction of the pruned area. The same thing happens in your body. If you suddenly remove your hair, you will see the energies will move in that direction. People doing certain type of sadhana (spiritual practice) want that to happen. They don’t just shave their head whenever they feel like it. They shave their hair on shivarathri, which is one day before amavasya or the new moon, because on that day, on the amavasya day and the next day, there is an upsurge of energy in the human system, which we want to accelerate a little more.

When someone reaches a state where his energies are really bursting out of his head, if he activates the two chakras which are above the physical body, then he will not shave. In fact, we would like to grow the hair and tie it up just above that so that it is protected and nurtured. If there isn’t enough hair, we use cloth. Once the two chakras above the physical body are on, it is a phenomenal possibility but it also makes the physical body a little fragile. It tends to draw more than it should and this is the reason a lot of yogis die before they are thirty-five, because they attain to a certain level of energy but they don’t know all the different aspects of the body; they do not understand the mechanics of how the human system functions. The human body is a highly sophisticated machine. The Creator has made this so complex and sophisticated. Sophistication is not just to make it complicated, sophistication means there are more possibilities than a simplistic machine."
http://isha.sadhguru.org/blog/yoga-...g-ones-head/

And an article about Native Americans and their hair:
http://www.rense.com/general95/hair.htm
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000