AYPsite.org Forum
 Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 Capricorn Recurrent Dreams
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2015 :  3:03:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi all,

My question might sound strange.. I googled first but didn't find a satisfying answer.. Maybe someone here has a background in psychology or dream interpretation ect...

It's been a while now and mostly recurring throughout the last two years... Where I've been having recurring dreams about the face of a white capricorn and also seeing him in some of my visions while meditating... Yesterday night something else happened... Where I saw him in his entirety... A big white huge capricorn almost the size of two Pathfinder jeeps... I don't want to exhaust the whole thing by saying more... Just hope someone would shed some light on this...

Kind regards,
Ananda

Dogboy

USA
2242 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2015 :  3:31:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I chronicled my dreams for a few years; basic dream interpretation is to write down the dream and then free associate the keys words. By the end you may see patterns of images and thoughts. What comes up when you associate white or white face, or Capricorn? Also pay close attention to feelings and emotions displayed in the dream. And review if you might be the white capricorn. Good luck!

Edit: PS: if there is gold, or golden light in the dream, play very close attention to the dream

Edited by - Dogboy on Mar 11 2015 3:48:25 PM
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2015 :  4:32:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thks Dogboy
Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2015 :  12:51:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ananda,

Now I tend to associate energy as either being male or female.

Many times I will interrupt male energy flows in a vision as a white horse, or a bull for instance.

It is just how your mind is interrupting the flows of energy. My take would be some male being is sending you light. They are trying to help you and you are interrupting the energy in the form of a Capricorn.

Hope this helps.
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2015 :  02:26:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe it's just your spirit animal. I used to dream of a large white owl for years.

Sey
Go to Top of Page

compassion

87 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2015 :  02:29:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I echo much of what Dogboy says. It is more important for interpretation what the symbols of a dream mean to you, than anybody else. Having said that, sharing interesting dreams either with others or a journal, often brings to light new connections that weren't immediately obvious. But those insights tend to come from within than from another's suggestions.

And then to finally consider/remember that all objects and events are coming from within us, and are representations of ourselves. This can bring us to a deeper perspective on what the dream might mean.
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2015 :  02:30:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Funnily just this moment b4 i woke up. I saw a hand in the process of drawing the face of the capricorn on a white paper.. But i chose to wake up b4 he finished... Talk about weird... Thks for the interpretation jonesboy.. That's one way of looking at things... Salam
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2015 :  02:31:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Sey.. Ok might be... So what does it mean?
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2015 :  02:47:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
To tell the truth, I could never really tell for sure what it meant. As dreaming of the white owl started some months before I started on the AYP path and continued for a couple of years into that, I take it as foretelling /signs of my awakening. But you have been on the path for years now, so it must be something else... something like seeking new heights / be agile when seeking new heights.

Sey (the dream interpreter - Ha!)

Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2015 :  02:52:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Lolll thks a lot Sey
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2015 :  02:52:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe it is time you went back to a particular mountain. Is the a mountain that has special meaning for you? The goat wants to climb mountains.

Sey

P.S. if this is not it, then it is time to call Radhani for help...
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2015 :  1:16:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I am a big fan of mountains also... Maybe going back to Arunachala which is a desire within me might help... Really i don't know anything nowadays... All i know is i've messed up on my spiritual and material paths... When thgs got rough i failed and moved to other paths... Never digging the same hole unfortunately...

Much thks luv.. Salam
Go to Top of Page

technoyogi

Canada
158 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2015 :  2:35:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit technoyogi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I spent some time when I first started having lucid dreams and OBEs trying to learn how to interpret dreams. I even used those dream dictionary things trying to interpret individual elements like seeing a broom, etc. In the end not much satisfied me in that regard.

These days I just try to look at what *emotions* were present in the experience. Was I fearful? What does that fear have to teach me then? Was I feeling love? What does that have to teach me?

I would say that my interpretations are a bit more like samyama these days, I just acknowledge the emotion, see if anything comes up directly as a lesson, and if not I try to just recognize that there was teaching and purification there on a level I may not be fully aware of on a conscious level but it was there nonetheless.

Emotions seem to be the one constant of the dream state experiences that I want to understand, especially in that they are often so much more powerful than waking consciousness emotions. So that is where I try to focus.

All told, sounds like a really powerful experience you are having Ananda, I certainly am awed by this large Capricorn just thinking about it! Do you perhaps have access to remember what kind of emotions are surfacing from your experiences with it, or your recollections of those experiences?

Edited by - technoyogi on Mar 14 2015 2:38:58 PM
Go to Top of Page

BillinL.A.

USA
375 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2015 :  6:20:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ananda you're being way too hard on yourself in your last post.

As a senior member here on the forum you've shared so much love and devotion to all readers over the years. So many saints say just a little bit of our expressed love has immense repercussions.

We're supposed to treat our personality and its shortcomings just like a little child and nurture it and give it every benefit of the doubt.

Have you utterly given up on you're spiritual pursuits and faith?
If you have a doubt about whether you've given up then be very good to yourself my friend. You've offered me so much leadership through your many expressions of love here on the forum.

Spirit says: "All I ask is that you try."

(Spirit here being Paramahansa Yogananda advising a young girl disciple who felt overwhelmed when told to organize a SRF world convocation in Los Angeles.)

P.S. Ananda if I'm overreacting to what you're feeling then sorry and just consider it an expression of my admiration for you.

And of coarse I sure wish I would follow all of the above advice way more than I currently do.

Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2015 :  02:39:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by technoyogi

I
All told, sounds like a really powerful experience you are having Ananda, I certainly am awed by this large Capricorn just thinking about it! Do you perhaps have access to remember what kind of emotions are surfacing from your experiences with it, or your recollections of those experiences?

Thk u for pouring out ur heart and experience

As for the emotion part.. It's the exact word you used ''awed''

Namaste
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2015 :  02:47:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by BillinL.A.

Ananda you're being way too hard on yourself in your last post.

As a senior member here on the forum you've shared so much love and devotion to all readers over the years. So many saints say just a little bit of our expressed love has immense repercussions.

We're supposed to treat our personality and its shortcomings just like a little child and nurture it and give it every benefit of the doubt.

Have you utterly given up on you're spiritual pursuits and faith?
If you have a doubt about whether you've given up then be very good to yourself my friend. You've offered me so much leadership through your many expressions of love here on the forum.

Spirit says: "All I ask is that you try."

(Spirit here being Paramahansa Yogananda advising a young girl disciple who felt overwhelmed when told to organize a SRF world convocation in Los Angeles.)

P.S. Ananda if I'm overreacting to what you're feeling then sorry and just consider it an expression of my admiration for you.

And of coarse I sure wish I would follow all of the above advice way more than I currently do.

I haven't given up now... Even though i did so at certain times... My life is still filled with blessings and mysticism... Yet still, i don't want to seem ungrateful but it's not enough... I am currently in touch with a christian monk who is guiding me during the hard time... And god is blessing me with one of his higher beings... A very beautiful lady that comes to visit every now and then.. yet i am ashamed to say i am a failure in following their instructions.. Thk u for ur post and support.. I am really grateful...

Much love
ananda

Edited by - Ananda on Mar 15 2015 07:39:09 AM
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2242 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2015 :  06:40:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ananda, I'm beginning to think you are the white capricorn in some way...
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2015 :  07:36:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear dogboy, i am someone filled with hot air. Seriously i am a big failure in everything. I appreciate all the interpretations that have been given... I see no more need for anything else.. Feels like i am taking the posts off topic... Much love to all and peace. Appologies.
Go to Top of Page

BillinL.A.

USA
375 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2015 :  12:44:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ananda you say "yet i am ashamed to say i am a failure in following their instructions.."

These feelings are nothing but scenery when viewed in the context of the love and bakti you've expressed here on the Forum.

I'm just speaking as a fan sitting in the balcony enjoying your dance
ecstatic on the stage of life.

There's no limit to the subtleties of the challenges we face when expressing love the way you do.

Please give yourself every conceivable credit for not having given up.
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2015 :  1:52:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Billin, thank you your love is felt.
Namaste
Go to Top of Page

BillinL.A.

USA
375 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2015 :  2:04:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2015 :  05:36:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Ananda,

I have to tell you that last night I dreamed of two goats (thinking about you and this thread must have triggered it, somehow your dream really caught my attention). One goat was butting the other off the edge of a cliff /mountain-side.
Now I don't know which goat was you and which one was I.

Sey

P.S. Funny, but I am also going through a phase of feeling "I don't know anything anymore" and feeling inadequate and useless. I feel lacking in my ability to express That in an adequate manner in my daily life, hence the question - what purpose do I serve if I cannot somehow be of service?

Edited by - SeySorciere on Mar 16 2015 05:44:22 AM
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2015 :  06:29:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
lolll I must be the one doing the pushing... If I triggered smthg negative such as this vision... As per the expressing... Making someone smile like you are doing now to me... That's one of the good ways I guess Thks for your support.

Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000