Gurus, Sages and Higher Beings
 The anti Guru
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jongler

Israel
12 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2006 :  05:15:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit jongler's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
http://www.realization.org/page/nam...oe/moe_1.htm

jongler

Israel
12 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2006 :  09:51:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit jongler's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This article is about a story of a man called U.G. Krishnamurti , The article describes his journey until the ultimate transformation : the practice, the path, the Bahkti and what ever you can take from it.
Good Luck
Go to Top of Page

Wolfgang

Germany
470 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2006 :  10:19:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Wolfgang's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Why the topic "The anti Guru" ?

curious
Wolfgang
Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2006 :  10:40:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
U.G. Krishnamurti is extremely skeptical about the guru-system of teaching, and its ability to genuinely produce the enlightenment process. For that reason you might call him an anti-guru.

He's anti-pedestal, and seems to have genuinely refused to sit on one.

( Not to be confused with J. Krishnamurti, who really did play the guru act, while officially repudiating the number. LOL.)
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2006 :  08:26:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
he should start a school that teaches the futility of teaching this subject. I mean, aren't there a lot of people out there who refuse to sit on a pedestal, and therefore we have never heard of them?
Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2006 :  10:54:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Ha ha ha! Funny!

Whatever happened to UG (and it does seem to be a sort of enlightenment) it didn't seem to quite leave his mind intact. Therefore, he's not going to be able to deliver you something well-structured and coherent.

He can give you a piece of the puzzle, and, if you are not careful, take some other pieces of the puzzle away from you at the same time. There's some sort of ironic relationship between him and his namesake, J. Krishnamurti, for which I would say the same is true.

Go to Top of Page

yoginstar

Netherlands
78 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2006 :  2:35:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit yoginstar's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
David,
I find this an extremely insightful comment, really, I mean, I mean it, no sarcasm intended or anything. And one to ponder...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000