Suicide of a Co-Worker
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2016 :  10:47:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by lalow33

When I'm not, gosh, I'm blockey mcblockington.

This makes my night. Deep, humorous resonance and laughter here in the north Georgia mountains (I'm up here staying with my grandparents for a short vacation). Thank you, Lalow.

When I push too hard on the accelerator, I'm Fuzzy McFuzzington.

@JR

Keep on truckin', bro. Persistence and consistency pay off. Just like Sunyata and Charliedog said.

I'll quote the rough but lovable poet Charles Bukowski:

"I’m not in a contest with anybody, have no thoughts about immortality, don’t give a damn about it. It’s the ACTION while you’re alive. The gate springing open in the sunlight, the horses plunging through the light, all the jocks, brave little devils in their bright silks, going for it, doing it. The glory is in the motion and the dare. Death be damned. It’s today and today and today. Yes." —Charles Bukowski

(Now apply that quote to stillness in action. )

Versatility. Resilience. Endurance.
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2016 :  07:53:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Bodhi,

I try, I really do. The song that really resonates with me is topguns through the fire and when things get hotter I really want to quit. But, knowing I can't drives me nuts. Just like yesterday work went past were I normally meditate and I was starting not to feel good so I stopped and meditated. Felt better almost instantly after I got done meditating.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2016 :  11:07:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice, JR! You're on track!
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2016 :  5:57:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Why do you guys keep saying I am on track? This is not the first time I heard that.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000