The strange case of Eckhart Tolle
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2016 :  4:20:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi at all,

just to add the missing information in this thread, Eckhart's Instruction aka Sadhana is:

"Feel the energy of the body and keep this up in parallel to everything you do."

Simple instruction, but the result is bliss to death.

Had relearned the same instruction as a meditation technique from Maitreya Ishwara many years ago, practiced it for 9 months. Had reported about that many many times in threads here too. After two weeks, the witness becomes 24/7, after 1-2 months the bliss becomes overwhelming and the body is incapable of moving, no mind and no breath start to increase. To not be put into the crazy house by my mother and to be able to finish the studies, had to stop the practice after about 9 months. The degree, refinement and continuity of bliss has never been reached since then. It is a good approach for the retirement days, if no continued physically active life-style is aimed at.

The guy is good, but you can see from his body-mind, that many good qualities of the yogis do not express. Still when it comes to presence and bliss, Eckhart is very nice. When it comes to all the other words he say, do not remember much of them. Back then the practical instructions where the only important points.

Peace and happy practice friends :)
Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2016 :  6:10:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That is how i encourage people to work with emotional upsets.

It is all energy, residing in the energy of the upset in the body stops the mind story and integrates the energy.

Very powerful stuff.

Thank you for sharing Holy.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2016 :  12:05:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Holy's post perfectly reveals the importance of gradual progress. With daily practice, we slowly but surely sift through the obstructions and reveal the power underneath. The more there is a constant stream of awareness persisting through the undoing, the more fluid and versatile our being becomes. It's not a matter of switching from ego to no ego, or from not awake to awake. It's more like notching up the amplitude of radiance in incremental degrees, while simultaneously tuning down the friction that is blocking silence. Small adjustments, you know.
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2016 :  10:36:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Where is this stated a quick web search did not find this.

Thanks.

What I did find was

http://communicate.eckharttolle.com...to-the-body/

On another note what you are describing is how I have always existed does not everyone?

Does not everyone feel the energy body in parallel with everything we do anyway?

It almost seems like with your experience you were fixating upon the resonance of the energy body placing it in the foreground and by doing so inadvertently stepping it up to a stronger expression culminating in excess bliss.

What Bodhi shares is very practical and a much more sustainable approach to increasing ones capacity to entertain ongoing bliss in the nervous system; after all if we follow the ways to become incapacitated of what use are they in the first place at all?.

If we follow the skillful ways and means Bodhi is talking about we automatically arrive and are functional within the bliss.

quote:
Originally posted by Holy

Hi at all,

just to add the missing information in this thread, Eckhart's Instruction aka Sadhana is:

"Feel the energy of the body and keep this up in parallel to everything you do."

Simple instruction, but the result is bliss to death.

Had relearned the same instruction as a meditation technique from Maitreya Ishwara many years ago, practiced it for 9 months. Had reported about that many many times in threads here too. After two weeks, the witness becomes 24/7, after 1-2 months the bliss becomes overwhelming and the body is incapable of moving, no mind and no breath start to increase. To not be put into the crazy house by my mother and to be able to finish the studies, had to stop the practice after about 9 months. The degree, refinement and continuity of bliss has never been reached since then. It is a good approach for the retirement days, if no continued physically active life-style is aimed at.

The guy is good, but you can see from his body-mind, that many good qualities of the yogis do not express. Still when it comes to presence and bliss, Eckhart is very nice. When it comes to all the other words he say, do not remember much of them. Back then the practical instructions where the only important points.

Peace and happy practice friends :)

Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2016 :  4:16:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi So-Hi,

I have not always noticed the energy body. I've been more of an observer that wasn't actually in the body( if that makes any sense).
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2016 :  1:28:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Lalow33 that makes perfect sense. Have your practices become energetic yet?

quote:
Originally posted by lalow33

Hi So-Hi,

I have not always noticed the energy body. I've been more of an observer that wasn't actually in the body( if that makes any sense).

Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2016 :  11:07:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
@Jonesboy, you are welcome :)

@Bodhi

gradual adaptation of the body-mind is essential for balance, am fully with you in this :). Not all people require balance at all times and for those with intense desire to melt into presence, the practice is still very potent and a good source to be aware of. It did not work for me (for which I was extremely sad, really :P), but no problem, body-mind transformation by the balanced route is fine too (=

@So-Hi

you have found a variant, that I hadn't seen, but yes exactly that one. The same more refined can be found here: http://www.innerpeacenow.com/Inner-Body.html

Maitreya Ishwara has an even more refined and advanced version of it. http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....PIC_ID=11873
Loved it, really, but when it does not work for you, what can you do. It may work well for intensly grounded and insensitive body-minds or with good dosing aka self pacing. But it is harder to dose the inner energy body practice than other variants of practices, like mantra or pranayama based ones. Because after some time the inner feeling continues and without choice awareness increases and makes you melt into bliss and ever more bliss.

Crown-chakra focused approaches are also much more stable and dosable to my experience than feeling the energy field of the body. This one is like a trap, once having tasted of the unending continuous access to eternal bliss paradise, you cannot stop loving it :P Then the unwanted body-mind problems may arise (depending on the sensitivity).

To my observation people are unaware of their inner body energy, most cannot feel it alltogether and need quite some time to feel something. Those who are into practices or are more sensitive can feel it very easily, but may not do so consciously moment to moment, but perhaps from time to time within the day.

Eckhart has other instructions too, all with the aim to come back to eternal now. Haven't met him physically or any of his students, but there is no doubt about his genuinity here.

Happy practice friends :)
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2016 :  09:59:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Holy concerning Tolle the more of his stuff I read the more I am certain he does come from a place of knowing but not so certain he can be of any benefit to anyone else in a real way beyond convincing people he is coming from a place of wisdom and knowledge.

At some point the rubber needs to meet the road and I am not so certain this Tolle person has the tools others may need.

The works of Yogani in this respect are far more functional from what I have read so far in that book.
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2016 :  11:35:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi So-Hi,

I've been able to at least feel the energy body occasionally since about 2009, prior to AYP. It started with a warmth like the feeling of love, then "happy" bubbles going up my back. Then 3rd eye awakening and lots and lots. I've been vibrating for at least 2 years with lots of other experiences.

I've had dreams since childhood on and off that come true, so I tend to see everyone having this ability. Kind of like your energy body statement. " Well, of course you can see the future."
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2016 :  12:06:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sounds like you are doing fantastic.

These things like you experience and I experience are as you say everyone can and if they have not yet will experience one day.

We just figured them out first is all but everyone learns how to tie their shoes eventually and when they do the side effects are no more special than the shoes staying on while you walk and run.

As far as seeing the future only by living the day that came before it but there are memories of other places and other times persistent since earliest childhood when not much living of this life had happened. So whatever they are they are.

quote:
Originally posted by lalow33

Hi So-Hi,

I've been able to at least feel the energy body occasionally since about 2009, prior to AYP. It started with a warmth like the feeling of love, then "happy" bubbles going up my back. Then 3rd eye awakening and lots and lots. I've been vibrating for at least 2 years with lots of other experiences.

I've had dreams since childhood on and off that come true, so I tend to see everyone having this ability. Kind of like your energy body statement. " Well, of course you can see the future."

Go to Top of Page

Yogiswara S

USA
6 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2016 :  01:49:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
After 24 years of practice I have concluded that

in general we need to read less, watch fewer videos and listen to fewer lectures
in general we need to practice more
in general we need to seek out information only when we need answers to questions that have arisen from practice
as teachers we need teach only that which has arisen from practice

knowledge that is derived from external sources is only helpful if it supports understanding that arises from practice. too much information, too many viewpoints on practice and too much looking outside of ourselves at others who are "masters" is a common set of OBSTACLES.

Less is more.

quote:
Originally posted by So-Hi

Good morning all.

quote:
Because if it is common sense to you, it is not to 99% of the people I know and that common sense could be greatly useful to those.

I suppose this could be true but being stuck with what is common sense to me it is difficult to be sure what is not common sense to others, impossible in fact.

This does raise a good point though. How does all this talking and book writing ever get one to a true understanding of what this person is describing if it is not already known?

To me this is where all these talkers fall flat on their faces.

Why? because you have to have the understanding before you can really understand and take my somewhat are you kidding me type position and that only comes form two places as far as I know.

Place 1. Living.

Place 2. Sadhana which automatically gets you there as a byproduct.

As far as I know only these two places will make things like this person discusses common, as in common sense.

So I have answered my question but not quite.

After writing these words it would seem these folks can be inspirational or perhaps get people to think about possibilities and this could lead people to want to do something about it and maybe find a Sadhana path like AYP.

Another possible outcome could be that people just decide to do nothing in this case they will have to live in order to understand, whereas they could have been practicing AYP and having a better life.

Yes all will get there and beyond what I know or even can consider at this juncture but why not do it in this lifetime?

Speakers and book writers like this can not get my vote, good for them that they have these understandings and live from the place they are expressing but unless you include a road map and ways and means for others to arrive as you have, then there just is not much value beyond getting people to consider possibilities un-thought of or perhaps to get those who are already close, at the same level or beyond to think oh yeah, um hmmm, yep he gets it but where is the help for those that do not?

Perhaps there express purpose is not to be of assistance to anyone because they do not on the the grand scale of things see any assistance to anyone being needed or even possible but just to unload there own pent up pressures and further confirm to themselves on the stage of agreement with themselves and others that they do indeed know by repeating what they feel inside? and earn a buck while doing so, in which case no further discussion is warranted.

How is this helpful to the ones seeking ways and means of skillful living and the answer is they are not; as these people seem not to remember or it is unknown to them, or even worse with some of these people Sadhana is considered un-needed.

I say worse because from there point of view it may be true that Spiritual Practices are not needed but they have managed to gather seekers and the punch line ends in a very bad joke.

Edited by - Yogiswara S on Jan 29 2016 01:54:59 AM
Go to Top of Page

snake

United Kingdom
265 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2017 :  10:16:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
so true
Go to Top of Page

fmyoga

Germany
34 Posts

Posted - May 24 2018 :  07:07:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I just read Eckharts Book "Power of now" and was really drawn to his teachings. I still find myself being identified with thoughts and when practicing some kind of self mindfulness being present in the moment I feel it to be a really good thing complementing my AYP practice. Is it problematic to follow Eckharts teachings as Self Inquiry together with AYP?
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - May 25 2018 :  04:25:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
HI fmyoga

I also found Eckhart Tolle an inspiring writer and teacher.

However, there is a conflict between your AYP practice and striving for mindfulness throughout the day. Not only that you would double up and run the risk of overload, but AYP recommends that you go and live your life in the world between the to sitting session of each day. It is necessary for integrating the results of your AYP practice into day to day living.

It is true that there will naturally be more mindfulness throughout the day as a result of your practice, but we do not set ourselves the goal of doing mindfulness as a practice.

Having said that, "The Power of Now" is good complementary reading to AYP's self-enquiry lessons. If that book speaks to you, then you are probably getting ripe for self-enquiry.

Enjoy your practice
Go to Top of Page

Dandelion

Yugoslavia
6 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2021 :  06:12:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit Dandelion's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
SwamiX, Echcart experienced Spiritualization.

Spiritualization is the spontaneous and "unprovoked" proces - unprovoked by the person being Spiritualized, ennobling and raising the vibrations of her consciousness. This process is driven by highly developed spiritual consciousnesses (never incarnated) that take care of the development of the Universe as a whole. When notice that an incarnated person (by the development achieved during all his previous incarnations) has reached the level of consciousness that allows him to enter the Enlightenment, the spiritual consciousness initiates the process of Spiritualization on that person - without his knowledge. The Spiritualization represents 95% of Enlightenment, but it does not erase the Ego - it must be done by a Spiritualized person through some kind of non-Ego meditation.

This process of Spiritualization is more frequent than it is thought, and we know that, among others, Nikola Tesla and Osho will be subjected to it.

Edited by - Dandelion on Apr 25 2021 07:09:20 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000