Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 TM mantra, should I change??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jekson

Slovenia
1 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2014 :  04:52:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
hi,

I read some of the AYP lessons, from amazon kindle version ebook. I started TM meditation one year ago,the mantra assigned to me was "SHIRING".Since I started this type of mantra has good effect, I noticed more stillnes on my daily life and also can relate to other people more easily without that much emotional distress.I noticed the mantra over time loses effect.Is not seem that effective like it will be in the beginging.When I started read the AYP medidation became obvious that TM and AYP medidation are the same, expect of the mantra type.Now I incorporated into my routine some spinal breathing, but with my mantra from TM lessons.I try to jump for a little bit to AYP mantra but don't feel that comfortable with it.Should I keep trying the AYP mantra, or it's better to stick with that one which let me feel more comfortable.Can I enhance the TM mantra, like the AYP mantra?? and can I do all the AYP pratice with TM mantra??

Mykal K

Germany
267 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2014 :  06:36:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mykal K's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi jekson,
I have practiced meditation for about 10 years before switching to AYP, and in the beginning it was 'uncomfortable' in a way that I went deeper with my old way of practicing than with the AYP mantra.
For me it took about two or maybe three months to get to the same 'depth' with the AYP mantra.
If that is the only reason why you still use the TM mantra, I would advise you to keep trying with the AYP mantra, as it takes some time for it to "bake" in.
Welcome to the forums :)

Edited by - Mykal K on Nov 01 2014 06:37:24 AM
Go to Top of Page

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2014 :  11:26:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jekson,
The mantra will not be losing effect, it is simply because as you purify and get rid of junk, your experiences will be different.As we progress we reach plateaus where we think things are not happening anymore, the danger here is that one increases practice and we can overload.Patience is required.Meditation is not a quick fix although in my opinion is the ultimate practice and it seems that is the view of most spiritual traditions.If you wish to enhance the mantra I suggest you switch to the AYP one as nobody can predict the outcome of adding enhancements that were not designed to be added to the TM mantra.I cannot be sure on this as although I started in TM many years ago, I do not use the AYP mantras as my practices are different.
L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2014 :  11:39:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

Blaskhyrk

Germany
15 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2014 :  2:00:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Which lesson is this?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000