Journal of a Disgruntled Mystic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 31

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2016 :  5:57:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by sunyata

Yes. But it feels, the emptier we get the higher dimension merges/meets us right where we are.

Exactly. That is the goal: to bring it here.

quote:

The dimensional experience has always happened inside the body. I have never had to leave the body. May be something I will experience later.

It's tricky. With the DMT experience, I didn't see my body from the outside, as is common with other out-of-body experiences I've heard about, especially ones that aren't drug-induced. But I definitely went through some kind of portal into another realm, and I had no remaining consciousness of my Earth body or surroundings. I was gone. But as I said, I never got a view of my Earth body from the outside, so there was still a feeling of being within the body, even though I was well beyond it, which sounds kind of similar to your experiences.

Of course, psychedelics aren't an option for me anymore, so I'm placing all my bets on cosmic samyama.

Also, the sutra for leaving the body at will is Breath.

Edited by - Bodhi Tree on Jul 13 2016 8:13:56 PM
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2016 :  8:17:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ok. Mine were spontaneous and the chakras were the portals.

quote:
Also, the sutra for leaving the body at will is Breath.

Thanks for the sutra. I haven't added cosmic samyama, haven't had the inclination yet. Keep us posted of your travels. I'll live through your travels until I'm able to incorporate them in my practice.

Edited by - sunyata on Jul 13 2016 8:25:32 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2016 :  6:05:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
1          i
2          am
3          one
4          with
5          forms
6          shapes
7          symbols
8          becoming
9          expanding
10         surpassing
11         more than two
12         d o u b l e  d i g i t s
13         l u c k y  f o r t u n e s
14         d i v i n e  p r o p h e c y
15         a c c i d e n t a l   p l a n s
14         r e t u r n i n g   a g a i n
13         t o   t h e   o r i g i n a l
12         s e e d  o f  s o u n d s
11         less than two
10         almost zero
9          withdrawn
8          tranquil
7          certain
6          fading
5          quick
4          into
3          the
2          am
1          i
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2016 :  7:02:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
perpetual energy
perpetual space of stillness
underneath surface levels of mind
unaffected by exhaustion, exacerbation—enduring all change
               with perfect equanimity

these words
leading to realization
these words
more than revelation

following the line of truth
             the path of righteousness
             the code of abiding silence

to act                       to learn                      to adapt
with knowledge          seamlessly                 with supreme versatility
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2016 :  2:31:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i am the sweet fragrance in the earth and the brightness of the fire .In all beings i am the life ,and i am the austerity in ascetics .
know me ,oh son of of pritha ,to be the eternal seed of all things that exist ;i am the intelligence of the intelligent and the daring of the brave .
i am the strength of the strong ,free from longing and attachment .i am lord of the bharatas the desire in all beings that is not contrary to dharma.

krishna to arjuna chapter the way of realization.
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2016 :  3:41:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
https://youtu.be/MqMFz_0VOxY

Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2016 :  7:06:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Great quote, Kumar, and lovely video, Charliedog. Thank you.
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2016 :  7:37:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I am your average every day mom. Never found anything in my yoga journey that was better than that.

Edited by - lalow33 on Jul 15 2016 7:39:43 PM
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2016 :  8:24:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Bodhi Tree

1          i
2          am
3          one
4          with
5          forms
6          shapes
7          symbols
8          becoming
9          expanding
10         surpassing
11         more than two
12         d o u b l e  d i g i t s
13         l u c k y  f o r t u n e s
14         d i v i n e  p r o p h e c y
15         a c c i d e n t a l   p l a n s
14         r e t u r n i n g   a g a i n
13         t o   t h e   o r i g i n a l
12         s e e d  o f  s o u n d s
11         less than two
10         almost zero
9          withdrawn
8          tranquil
7          certain
6          fading
5          quick
4          into
3          the
2          am
1          i

Genius!
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2016 :  8:25:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by lalow33

I am your average every day mom. Never found anything in my yoga journey that was better than that.

I am the poet of the woman the same as the man,
And I say it is as great to be a woman as to be a man,
And I say there is nothing greater than the mother of men.

—Walt Whitman
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2016 :  8:28:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Genius!

Goddess!
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2016 :  8:44:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You guys talk beyond me. Cheers to you.
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2016 :  9:06:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Beyond me too I'm still a noob at this..lol
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2016 :  9:13:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by JR8036

Beyond me too I'm still a noob at this..lol

Me, too. Lol
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2016 :  9:15:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh c'mon, y'all gotta dig the Whitman quote at least, right!? That's salt-of-the-earth stuff right there. Nothing esoteric or intellectual in those words. Just a beautiful, poetic statement about the greatness of the divine mother.
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2016 :  9:17:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Nope, sorry. Still love your own poetry. I understand you better than Walt( sometimes).

Edited by - lalow33 on Jul 15 2016 9:19:39 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2016 :  9:26:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Fair enough. And thank you for the compliment.
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2016 :  9:36:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Just now, I choose swimming or playing basketball with my kids. I've had heavenly on earth experiences. Of course they didn't last that long. Right now, I'd choose playing something with my kids than a heaven on earth experience, which could seem kinda weird.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2016 :  9:46:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That's golden. That's what it's all about. They're blessed to have you.
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2016 :  9:51:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
What I'm trying to tell you is that very earthly experiences are golden, too. Listen, I want to fly, but I doubt it would be better than simple silly basketball.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2016 :  10:02:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by lalow33

What I'm trying to tell you is that very earthly experiences are golden, too.

Yes! That resonates 100%. Gold everywhere.
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2016 :  06:45:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Lalow,

You are not the only one that wants to fly I want that also but I doubt it will happen
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2016 :  07:24:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
bread and butter compliments the jam or honey .
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2016 :  11:02:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by JR8036

You are not the only one that wants to fly I want that also but I doubt it will happen

Re: flying...I'm thinking it's not of a matter of if, but a matter of when.

quote:
Originally posted by kumar ul islam

bread and butter compliments the jam or honey.

You just invoked Winnie the Pooh for me. One of my childhood heroes. Jolly good show, old chap!
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2016 :  11:39:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Have you been hopping and hovering? If yes, I want to see.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 31 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000