Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 Headache, cant draw all the energy down
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

surre

Norway
2 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2014 :  11:48:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi, started practising Tantra two years ago. Couldt handle all the feelings, so I quit. I used drugs for alot of years, and was not intouch with mind and body. Been clean for a while now, and I always get this headache. I notised that I automaticle chanle the the energy up my spine when I masturbate. I focuse the energy down, but I feel like I got this energy all over my body, and I cant focus all off it.
I started with a meditation where im supost to focus my energy on my Third eye. Im alitle confused on what to do. Is it difrent kind of energy? How do I keep the energy down?

kriyaboy

USA
28 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2014 :  2:00:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I notised that I automaticle chanle the the energy up my spine when I masturbate. I focuse the energy down, but I feel like I got this energy all over my body, and I cant focus all off it.

Normally that would be what one strives for with these practices. Why isn't it a desirable experience for you? Is it because it is giving you headaches?

If so, you might want to read some of the suggestions about self-pacing.
Go to Top of Page

nickyryu

France
12 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2014 :  5:38:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hot aroused sexual energy rised upward into the brain is not that good of a practice.
This energy as used in solo tantra is very sticky, is prone to congestion and blockages of the energy body if you add retention to the procedure. And you can "cook your brain"
Dual cultivation doesn't have these flaws.

Focusing on the Third eye only (without a downward movment as in SBP) will just add more damage if you already have such an imbalance.
Go to Top of Page

surre

Norway
2 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2014 :  4:07:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dont know what Dual cultivation is, but I will check it out, same With self-pacing. What is SBP?
I want to practice Tantra in the futere, but now I got alot of negativ emotions. My problem is that my sexual energy rises upward into the brain automaticly, its not something I try to focus. I try to ejeculate, but the energy goes up by it self. Is it anyway I can do to stop this?
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2242 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2014 :  09:11:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Surre

I saw you didn't get an answer to your questions so I revived this thread. Dual Cultivation is tantra practices with a partner (as opposed to solo, masturbation). SBP is spinal breath pranayama, tracing the spine with attention according to the cycle of breath. It is one of the cornerstones of the AYP main lessons. You can find a link on the left side of this page. By employing SBP you are able to move energy between your root and third eye.

You mention energy during masturbation travels up automatically and is getting stuck in your head. Chances are you are not circulating energy as you are arousing it and are holding your breath (kumbaca) which intensifies the upward draw. If you do not have a DM practice, you may have blockages that are further complicating the movement of your sexual energy.

My advice is to shelve any tantra practice until you, at very least, learn SBP and cultivating inner silence through a DM practice. You also should familiarize yourself with the concept of Solar Centering (also in the left side menu) as this can help with energy pooling in your head. Only after building a foundation with DM and SBP should you attempt tantra practices and the cultivation of your sexual energy.

Until then, if you masturbate, work on not holding/suspending your breath. Circulate any arousal with deep three part beaths (fill the belly first, into the chest, and then the top of the lungs) and exhale fully. Visualize arousal moving up on the inhale and down on the exhale. Try to make these sessions relaxed and enjoyable, learn and enjoy the sensations you are generating and circulate your arousal.

Hope this helps you. Good luck.

Edited by - Dogboy on Aug 15 2014 11:16:23 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000