AYPsite.org Forum
 Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 AYP books vs AYP online lessons
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

svetamoscow

16 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2014 :  09:14:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
hi, what is the difference between the amount of information in the AYP books and online lessons? Which are more detailed? i guess the books, but does it mean that all the info of the online lessons is contained in the books? or are the lessons further discussions on the books? since my time is very limited and i wanted to read some info this will help me choose where is the right place for me to start.

yogani

USA
5203 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2014 :  09:37:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi svetamoscow:

The AYP Easy Lessons books (Vols 1&2) cover everything in the online lessons, plus about 20% additional material. So these two volumes are the most complete source on the AYP teachings.

The AYP Enlightenment series should also be mentioned, because these small books are an efficient way to zero in on particular practices. AYP Easy Lessons Vols 1&2 have more information in them than the 11 Enlightenment Series books, but are not as well organized because they were written in real time over the years and include many interactions (Q&As) with practitioners. The Enlightenment Series books are more organized and concise on the key practices of AYP. Also, the entire Enlightenment Series is available in audiobook format, while Easy Lessons Vols 1&2 are not. All the books are available in paperback and ebook formats, including economical bundled download packages for both the ebooks and audiobooks. There are links to all the options in the right-side border of this page.

It should also be mentioned that the Secrets of Wilder novel and the Forum Posts 2005-10 book supplement both sets of books. It is all connected.

Whichever way you decide to go with the AYP books and/or online lessons is a matter of preference and whatever will work best for you.

Thanks for your interest in the AYP books, and wishing you all the best on your path!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

Yogaman

USA
295 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2014 :  09:58:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I think if you are just starting out, the Enlightenment Series books are the most ideal starting point. As Yogani mentioned, the information is more organized.

I've found all of the material to be helpful though. But to get started, the Deep Meditation book would be the way to go. That way you can get started on core practices. The Key Lessons in the left sidebar are handy to get things moving too. I read all the main online lessons before reading the books. I continue to re-listen to the Enlightenment Series audiobooks and I am also working my way through the Easy Lessons books. I guess I prefer the clear distinction on topics in the Enlightenment Series.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000