Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Questions about Ayp sutras
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

reidmantra

United Arab Emirates
57 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2014 :  3:23:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Namaste all! I have been practicing Yogani's DM for about a year. I am enjoying it and enjoying the increased peace I find inside and outside of meditation. My questions however have to do with how to correctly use the sutras. I have Yogani's book on Samyama but certain things still allude my understanding. My questions are the following: When I pick up a sutra for that moment before letting it go into silence, what do I do with my mind? Do I momentarily think about what the sutra means to me and what it is supposed to do and then release it? Yogani says we do not analyze or contemplate during the practice of samyama so do I just think the word momentarily and let it go and not worry about the concept, idea, or meaning and just let God do the work? He also says that it is a fuzzy or faint "feeling" of the sutra that we are coming to. This is a real problem for me as I am cerebral by nature and not really emotional. During the practice of samyama, do we try doctoring up emotions with the sutras? I can't pretend to feel something that I do not feel so I am confused about this part of Yogani's instruction. Please help me with my lack of understanding because I really want to get the most out of the technique. I wish to thank you all in advance for any instruction or clarification that you can provide for me?

Dogboy

USA
2242 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2014 :  3:41:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Don't feel anything. Like a bird landing in your hand, see it and let it fly away on its own. There is literally nothing to it!
Go to Top of Page

Mr.Meditator

USA
13 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2014 :  3:56:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi reidmantra,

From my understanding, the feeling of the sutra implies the feeling of the sound of the sutra, so no intentional emotion is involved. I actually had a question about this a little while back. Here's a link to that: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....14066#121508

Here's another post that addresses the topic: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic...._ID=873#5559

Hope this helps.
Go to Top of Page

reidmantra

United Arab Emirates
57 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2014 :  5:05:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Dogboy and thank you Mr. Meditator for the links and the clarification. I will look at those links. -reidmantra.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000