Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Becoming over sensitive to practices
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2014 :  8:20:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
What is the cause of becoming over sensitive? Is it kundalini becoming active?

I am becoming more and more sensitive to the practice. For example I was doing:
5 min heart breathing
5 min sbp
20 min dm
5 samyama

I stopped doing the heart breathing for a week, I had been doing it for months and now I can't. It is to much. Just doing the normal 5 sbp 20 dm 5 samyama is now to much and I was starting to overload. I have been doing that practice for a long time now.. well for me 1.5 years for sbp/dm 6 months of samyama.

I was getting worried and decided to stop AYP and do TPP since it has been a year. It is now giving me overload symptoms. Not sure if feeling waves of energy from ajna during the day counts as an overload but it is a good indication. I think I may need to stop doing TPP also. I am overloading pretty good right now.

I have tried solar centering and I was proud that I could feel the vibrations off of the heart chakra but I overloaded. I tried the second mantra enhancement and it felt good but I overload on that also. I have been trying things for months.

I experience no ecstasy or bliss during practice. During the day I feel happy with a lot of ajna and crown activity.

I really need some advise. I am wondering if I should just try DM twice a day and see how that works and go from there.

Dogboy

USA
2242 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2014 :  9:54:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
What are your overload symptoms? How debilitating are they?
Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2014 :  11:28:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
When I overload it is always emotional in natural. Fleeting deep periods of sadness, overreaction to a comment or situation. The way things feel different.. The energy feels different. I can become very short with loved ones when I normally wouldn't. I can feel it coming and let them know. A day before even.

During the day while doing AYP happiness as a daily sensation has filled my days. A year ago I was complaing on here about work now I have just been promoted and good things are happening all by finding ways to be of service to others.

At the same time am I suppose to be high? If I am let me know and I will stop stressing about it. I seem to be doing well , at home and work but when I close my eyes I am floating on clouds.

When I drive sometimes and this is wierd. It seems like my awareness is falling backwards. Real quick and it is over.

I can handle all that (anyone else experience this stuff?) It is the emotional overload that gets me and has me changing my practice.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2014 :  12:06:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
dear jonesboy
self pace then :-)
Keep on cutting down the time of each one of yr practices till you find a comfortable routine
you might totally stop heart breathing, sbp and samyama
you can replace dm with breath meditation
you can meditate for 10 min instead of 20
your inner voice already knows what to do I m sure
did you check the lesson about over sensitivity?
Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2014 :  4:17:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you my friend and I have. I have tried many of the things suggested.

I guess I will cut back.

Go to Top of Page

nickyryu

France
12 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2014 :  07:46:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You will have less to no energy overload if you eat more sattvic.
Maheswari is right you should practice anapanasati (breath meditation) instead of DM.
And practice asanas every morning, which has a decent and safe purification effect at your stage of practice.
Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2014 :  08:43:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I think your right. My diet sucks and i need to get better.
While somethings are good others are out of balance.

Thank you very much. I will make sure i start doing asana inthe mornings.
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2014 :  1:40:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi jonesboy,

I get that floaty feeling too, mostly at night. I enjoy it! I'm on a river instead of the clouds.
Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2014 :  2:55:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by lalow33

Hi jonesboy,

I get that floaty feeling too, mostly at night. I enjoy it! I'm on a river instead of the clouds.

Oh thank goodness!! I have asked a few times and I never received a comment on it. I wasn't sure if it was another sign of overloading or a positive sign.

That little bit of assurance that I am not the only one really helped.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2242 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2014 :  5:36:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm floating/falling as I type this!
Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2014 :  09:47:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I don't know what it is suppose to mean, the floating. Maybe it is just scenery and to be enjoyed/ignored not caught up in.

Let me ask you this about it. When you do Samyama does it feel the same or close to what you are feeling during the day? Has Samyama improved, become noticiable during the day? The letting go of thoughts and feelings?

P.S. Another sign for me is the fact that I do get a good buzz reading the forums. I have to pace myself nowadays

Edited by - jonesboy on Jun 19 2014 09:48:19 AM
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2242 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2014 :  11:07:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
As with lalow33, the floating feeling is strongest when I am closing my eyes for a night's sleep, but also can be felt in quiet times, driving, resting, and meditation of course. It's those "inner winds", activated prana, bliss energy, call it what you want, and scenery for sure. At times the sensation has a "falling" quality, like turbulence in a plane. For me it was awaken after a major purification a few months ago and present in varying intensities, often strongest after asana class or during rest after DM and samyama.

I'm still amazed, during samyama, the effervescence that tickles my skull after the question "I thought, who am I?" Samyama has taught me surrender like nothing else, for it I am eternally grateful. How about that paradox of holding on by letting go!?!

Every day the witness within seems a stronger presence, and I find I notice more that I am not that emotion, or thought, even while I am in the midst of it. That too is an amazing thing, to call out my ego, to put stray thoughts in their place when they try to dominate. Now that these "inner winds" blow, I am reminded of the journey that has brought me to this place, of the journey and the wonder to still experience.

Of all your symptoms, the emotional short fuse seems the strongest indicator of overload. Whenever I fall into that funk, I self pace to break out of it, and step up (surrender) to the "loving" in my life.

Wishing you love & peace jonesboy!
Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2014 :  11:14:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I think we are on the same road, experiencing the same thing.

It is good to know
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2014 :  5:12:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by jonesboy

Fleeting deep periods of sadness, overreaction to a comment or situation.

Hi Jonesboy,

I get a sadness... and a tendency to intense emotions expressed sometimes in tears that come by surprise.

Currently, I'm in weekly psychotherapy to have a safe space to feel the sadness and let the tears go. It has been amazing. I am finding joy in the sadness.

I am grateful for this thread.

Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2242 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2014 :  10:19:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
love and peace to Bewell as well
Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2014 :  12:25:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That warms my heart Bewell.

Thank you
Go to Top of Page

ak33

Canada
229 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2014 :  3:25:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I went through a similar sort of situation to you jonesboy. One year ago I was becoming very afraid of a certain sensation and my fear fed on itself. Eventually I stopped practices and moved to TPP. After a year of TPP, I revisited AYP and found nothing had changed, I still had that sensation and was still scared of it. By this point I was really tired and angry of avoiding and being scared of AYP, so I kept doing the practices, I didn't care what would happen. Eventually the fear dissipated and I am now at a point where my practice is stable. I overload occasionally but I KNOW the distinction between fear and overload.

tl;dr

Discern between fear of overload and actual overload and proceed accordingly. You can FEEL the difference between the two.

Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2014 :  4:23:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bewell

quote:
Originally posted by jonesboy

Fleeting deep periods of sadness, overreaction to a comment or situation.

Hi Jonesboy,

I get a sadness... and a tendency to intense emotions expressed sometimes in tears that come by surprise.

Currently, I'm in weekly psychotherapy to have a safe space to feel the sadness and let the tears go. It has been amazing. I am finding joy in the sadness.

I am grateful for this thread.

bewell,

This is wonderful. to you.
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2014 :  4:30:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
To jonesboy:

Just to let you know, jumping around with practices seems (over here anyway) to be an effect and a cause of overload. My best advice would be to reread the lessons on self-pacing.
Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2014 :  10:12:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you my friend but I don't think I was jumping around. Forgive me if I gave that impression.

I was unprepared for the increased perception/sensitivity to the lessons. I have been doing the same routine for awhile and all of a sudden I could not do it without overloading. I cut back and still I was overloading. (I did try other things like solar centering and the mantra enhancement but that was over a 6 month period.)

I then had been planning on doing TPP once a year and it is a breath/mantra session. I started it which I have always felt was different but safe from overloading. I was very wrong on that as well. My last session of TPP had me overloading for 3 days...

To be honest it feels like I have shed a layer of skin and now I am starting over again with 10 minutes of DM but with increased sensitivity to prana and the like.

I don't fear what is happening. I trust myself and Mother to guide me. I just don't know what is normal. I have never talked to anyone in real life who meditates besides myself. I started the thread "Are you happy" because I thought everyone felt the joy that I feel everyday... not true. I have felt Ajna all day long after the first two weeks of meditating.. I have a feeling that is not normal either. I don't believe it makes me special, I think I need it where others can progress without it. We are each given what we need.

Thank you for your kind words of advise
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2014 :  3:13:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yikes! My message reads as super snotty. Didn't intend it that way, and I know you weren't offend. I still would like to apologize.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000