Healthcare - Holistic and Modern
 Thesis-The effects of intermittent fasting
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Will Power

Spain
415 Posts

Posted - May 30 2014 :  11:09:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Studies on how intermittent fasting increases life span, the myth that muscles are consumed during fasting (they are not if you exercise with weights) and more:

http://www.lift-heavy.com/intermittent-fasting/

The guideline is to fast one or two days a week, but not consecutively. For instance fast from Saturday 6:00 pm to Sunday 6:00 pm, and the same on Wednesday. You can adjust the schedule to your needs.

Edited by - Will Power on May 30 2014 11:13:02 AM

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - May 30 2014 :  3:43:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I am a huge fan of intermittent fasting. I really like Lean Gains the website. Martin Berkhan is a pioneer on IT. You are discribing a little more of an agressive method.

I like the easy method of just skipping breakfast.
You still watch your calories. For instance I need to eat 1800 calories a day to lose weight.
Next, is a carb cyclng part of the diet. One day is low carbs, hi fats/vegs - protien stays the same on this diet no matter the day. On the other day high carb low fat. The carb cycling really helps with the craving and kicks the metabolism into high gear.

The beauty is skipping breakfast gets easy after a few days. You then have a decent lunch and for dinner you can have a full meal. You don't have to worry about eating a potatoe or not eating something because you have 1800 calories to eat from 11:00 am till you goto bed. It makes it easy on the family and going out. A lot of great results with people eating cheese cake :)

http://www.leangains.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000