Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 Time and Counting
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ak33

Canada
229 Posts

Posted - May 20 2014 :  4:19:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi guys, I don't know where else to post this so I'm gonna post it here. I've been studying math in school lately and a question popped into my head. In yoga/spirituality/whatever we often hear, "be in the present moment", "every moment is a new one", "past,present, and future are integrated into the present moment". Yet when I start counting, the former idea doesn't match up to my experience:

Let t be time elapsed in seconds, x be count of numbers. We can confirm that t=x by counting one number per second,

t=x=1
t=x=2
etc.

Okay so I started counting. At 1 second I count 1, at 2 seconds I count 2. But wait, isn't this moment supposed to be a new one, but me counting 2 implies that there has been a 1, indicating a past. Now the idea of me counting 1 is in my mind, just a "thought" or, memory. And we know thoughts/memories are phantoms/shadows/imaginations of our past/future, as reliving a memory happens IN THE PRESENT and has nothing to do with what actually happened in the past, it is only a trace. So one could say that I did not count 1? 2 is just a symbol of the english language, behind it is the perception that a 1 existed. But as we have said, its a memory that is a trace/recollection of having "counted 1". So once we fully enter the present moment, does the 2 actually mean 1 (aka we are counting the first number again). Then 3,4,5 follow suit, symbolically meaning linear ascending but spiritually meaning just 1,1,1.

This thread is complicated enough, many will find it boring, I just wanted to lay my thoughts down. The above example can be compared to your birthdays also. Or anything that requires counting.

Let me know what you think.

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - May 26 2014 :  5:25:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi ak33,

if you do not give meaning to the sound, it is just sound coming out of your mouth or sound coming up in your mindsubstance. 1, 2, 3 and so on, all just sounds and forms. If you look at the full complexity of the moment, it is a great mixture of sound, vibration, movement, colour, form and so on. Moving constantly. Looking only like this, all is just now.

If you reconnect cause and effect of the movements, sounds, colours and structures, you can see into the past or the future, but you keep seing it in that moment.

"Everything is in this moment" has more to do with the everpresent itself, aka now itself in which all appear and disappear. But if you delve more into movement itself, time, past present all are there. It depends upon the perspective, if you remain aware of the everpresent while looking at past, present and future, you may say all is in the now. If you get lost in movement, sound, form, past, present and future, you may say otherwise.

When the crown opens up you cannot even say it is all now or there is past, present and future. Both cannot be said anymore.

When the third eye is dominatingly active, you may experience now and time as one, without contradiction, looking from all angles.

A statement like either/or can only happen below that. Otherwise "neither/nor, both and beyond" is the maximum where words can reach :P

Peace and happy studying :)
Go to Top of Page

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2014 :  4:49:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,
Well I don't know if my reply is anything to do with your post but I see it like this.You can name anything you wish and so it is but it is your intention that really determines what it is to you, but it may be different for me or another.For instance when giving people Reiki attunements there are levels 1,2,and 3.Then one is told that you will experience cleansing which inevitably one does and as we all have different energy systems we experience different levels of cleansing.After several years I realised that to set a level 1,2 or 3 condemned people to cleansing they didn't need to experience. So now I somply set my intention that each person only receives what they can safely handle with no cleansing and my experience and feedback validates this.What I trying to point out is that we simply label things and we all may have different labels for the same thing but it doesn't change what they are. I don't know if this means anything to your question.
L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000