Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 progress!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

amitraghat

India
37 Posts

Posted - May 02 2014 :  05:06:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Dear friends,
I've been somewhat silent lately, but I've been practicing pranayam rather regularly. I have informed my progress so far made. The position has changed somewhat dramatically, hence this post.
My regular moolbandh and spinal breathing seemed to have plateauised for some time with no discernible progress. One day, I felt very drowsy in the day hours. I closed my eyes, sitting on a chair. Then I felt waves and waves of vibrations traveling from my spine to my back. This continued for about 45 minutes.
Undeterred, I continued with the practices. The sensations continued with small intervals. Now the vibrations are still there accompanied with a vibrating and twitching sensation inside the perineum area.
I feel bouts of energy. More so in the night when I'm about to sleep. Automatic twitching of nerve in my left ankle is what I experienced last night.
Am I on the right path? I'd there any cause for concern? Shall I back off? Please advice.
Thanks and regards.

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - May 02 2014 :  10:15:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Nope, it seems like good things are happening. Kundalini seems to be waking up and that is a good thing.

Forgive me for not posting links. Yogani has lessons going over this.

Please continue and keep us informed
Go to Top of Page

amitraghat

India
37 Posts

Posted - May 02 2014 :  11:11:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jones boy! That's heartening and perhaps exciting. Thanks for reassuring me. I will continue posting under this topic and try to give an account of the developments.
Regards and thanks again!
Go to Top of Page

omshivaom

USA
2 Posts

Posted - May 26 2014 :  11:17:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It looks like you need to slow down. From personal experience, when you feel energy, vibrations and twitching, it is a sign that the energy is untamed. Perhaps your body is telling you you're not ready yet. If you had a personal guru that you see often then the case would be different.

Mastering asana is very important because it allows you to successfully do pranayama without these questionable experiences. Doing continuous asana practice every day allows the energy to be tamed slowly and safely, while pranayama is a bit more intense.

I hope I didn't diminish your will or anything, but please be careful.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2242 Posts

Posted - May 26 2014 :  8:51:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
While not convinced you're in danger from the nascent energy, I agree with Omshivaom that asanas daily are an excellent complement to the Inner Winds. I find increased stamina and mindfulness when they 'blow' during yoga class and my private practice.
Go to Top of Page

amitraghat

India
37 Posts

Posted - May 29 2014 :  04:27:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear omshivom,
Thanks for the reply and the word of caution. Firstly, I practice pranayam along with sambhavi and moolbandh in siddhasana. Here I'm following the way taught at this site by Yogani.The moving vibration is only on my spine between the shoulder blades. The position now is that as soon as I get in sambhavi, an automatic connection seems to get established with the mooladhar. The sensation revives instantly but then as I continue with the practice it goes away. Perhaps I lose awareness of the sensation as I'm too concentrated on the practice.
But anyway, I've taken breaks from the practice at times I felt too "heady" and indulged in decadence, only to return back. The yoga seems to call me back!Being an Indian, I'm spiritually well grounded in the concepts of Shiva and shakti, which form the fundamental of hath yoga. But since the topic has been raised,I do have some misgivings.
Is hath yoga and pranayam dangerous? Are there chances of permanent madness or even the risk of death involved in these practices? I've had the occasion to go through some kundlini related experiences of people in your part of the world, and there narrations were alarming. I don't know the views of Yogani and other respected members of the site about these instances. But I would like to be reassured. I've been doing yoga since the last 6 months and don't see any negative changes in me but after reading some experiences, I am having some misgivings.
Hope you'll enlighten me on this aspect also. My sincere regards.
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - May 29 2014 :  04:46:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by amitraghat

Is hath yoga and pranayam dangerous? Are there chances of permanent madness or even the risk of death involved in these practices? I've had the occasion to go through some kundlini related experiences of people in your part of the world, and there narrations were alarming. I don't know the views of Yogani and other respected members of the site about these instances. But I would like to be reassured. I've been doing yoga since the last 6 months and don't see any negative changes in me but after reading some experiences, I am having some misgivings.
Hope you'll enlighten me on this aspect also. My sincere regards.

Absolutely not if you follow the self-pacing instructions and advice given by Yogani. There is also no need to panic over every little quake and quiver of energy releases as we do our practices. It is normal and signs of good things happening when we feel Divine vibrations, hear Divine sounds and see Divine light. It is only when it becomes uncomfortable, stressful in some way or other that we careful self-pace.

Enjoy your practices

Sey
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000