Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 We need some help starting
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cajunjay27

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2014 :  08:12:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi

My wife and I are trying to start our spiritual journey and have a long way to go. We have both tried the deep meditation 20 minute exercise but find it hard to focus and become (into it).

I have tried this about 6 times now but only the first time did it feel like I made any progress and was deeply focused and at ease.

Since then finding it hard to get back to that and saying "I AM" which just isnt working for us. Need some advice how to get more focused.

I did a few online chakra tests to find all of my chakras are blocked or functioning at a very low level.

Just asking for some tips please.

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2014 :  09:12:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi cajunjay27:

AYP deep meditation is not about holding a focus on the mantra or anything else. It is about easily favoring the mantra and easily coming back to it when we realize we have gone off it. That's all. Very simple. That is the procedure we do without expectations or requiring a particular experience to be there. It is about the procedure. Everything else that may or may not happen is incidental to the easy procedure of deep meditation. If it is not easy, it is not the procedure.

It is suggested to review these essential points in the AYP lessons or Deep Meditation book.

As for chakras, they too are incidental to the process of spiritual awakening, so to labor over them will be counterproductive, like trying to manage the detailed inner workings under the hood of the car while driving. Better to just drive. Better to just meditate for our alloted time using the procedure without expectations and go out and live life fully. Then all the rest will be there. Meditation and spiritual unfoldment is not a doing. It is an undoing, a release. So just practice, keep active in everyday life, and let it go. This is how abiding inner silence is cultivated and awakened in all that we do.

Wishing you and your wife all the best on your path!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000