Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 Good yoga training center in India
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

chinmayo

Finland
67 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2014 :  11:18:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello!

Haven't been writing here for a while now, I've been thru rough patch workwise that caused me to mess up my practise routine and now I'm slowly getting back to it.

But, due to my current life situation I have been thinking about attending a yoga teacher course, preferably in India. I'm sure there are people who have been in India to practise yoga so I would like to know if you have some recommendations on some school/ashram that would teach hatha/kundalini/tantra yoga with a residential program (unless there is an AYP program somewhere?)

My priorities are Quality of teaching/teachers > Atmosphere of the location > Price. Moreover, I'm a beginner so I wouldn't want to jump into a group of seasoned practitioners.

Blessed love,
Chinmayo

Experientialknowing

USA
263 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2014 :  3:57:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Perhaps you might consider asking Swami Nityananda Giri More about him here

http://www.nityanandagirikriyayoga.com/index.html

and below is his public e-mail address:

swnityananda@gmail.com

Edited by - Experientialknowing on Mar 18 2014 4:12:37 PM
Go to Top of Page

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2014 :  7:25:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
There's been some topics that do mention a few forum members' travels and experiences there, though it might take some manual searching of the forums, and I'm not sure if the information is still up to date. One of these is Ananda's Quick feedback on my trip to Arunachala Ramana.

An AYP program somewhere would be great alongside its open source horizontal transmission model, but there aren't any. I'm hoping that will change somehow and someday.

Edited by - AumNaturel on Mar 18 2014 7:25:32 PM
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2014 :  8:15:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by AumNaturel

There's been some topics that do mention a few forum members' travels and experiences there, though it might take some manual searching of the forums, and I'm not sure if the information is still up to date. One of these is Ananda's Quick feedback on my trip to Arunachala Ramana.

An AYP program somewhere would be great alongside its open source horizontal transmission model, but there aren't any. I'm hoping that will change somehow and someday.

It will.
Go to Top of Page

Will Power

Spain
415 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2014 :  04:26:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah it'd be great to have a longer AYP retreat on August
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000