Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 The Art of Rock Balancing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2014 :  07:01:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Slide show of beautiful rock balancing art:

http://www.gravityglue.com/

Yogaman

USA
295 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2014 :  10:22:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
My friend sent me that link the other day, very cool stuff.
Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2014 :  10:25:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for the link. Some really pretty pictures.

They do a lot of that in Sedona AZ. I wasn't sure if it was suppose to mean something or if it was just art.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2242 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2014 :  5:47:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have rock 'saints' all around my yard. Neighbors love to stop and ask about them, and animating the inanimate is magical. Rock balancing is mindfulness in action! I believe different cultures balanced rocks to mark trails and property borders; some Pacific cultures used them as earthquake sensors.
Go to Top of Page

Yogaman

USA
295 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2014 :  09:05:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Dogboy

some Pacific cultures used them as earthquake sensors.

Clever!
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2014 :  10:07:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Dogboy

some Pacific cultures used them as earthquake sensors.

At first I thought this is ridiculous; anyone conscious would know if there was an earthquake large enough to knock rocks over.
But then I realized- many times I have wondered if I had been awakened by something in the real world, or in my dreams.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000