Illuminated Poetry, Quotations and Stories
 Mad man jungle
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Chaz

USA
129 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2014 :  2:31:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Where I'm at now there is a jungle of mind stuff in front of me on the quest to quench my thirst of Divine Love. Only with the machete of awareness am I able to cut and chop my way through it all... But it is a mighty jungle! The dense undergrowth does not give way so easily. It is sometimes necessary to continuously hack at the same thicket for long amounts of time before it is clear to move forward. It requires a patience sometimes beyond me, but I must persevere to get where I am going, lest I suffer from the dehydration of the everlasting life giving drink of the Self.

Sometimes I tire out and must rest, or my knife dulls and loses it's efficiency. Only through Deep Meditation is my tool sharpened and I am rejuvenated enough to go back into the jungle.

It's a dark and scary jungle, full of fierce and terrible surprises. But I've caught a glimpse of the destination, a reservoir of bliss and ecstasy hidden deep away from the reaches of human vices and contamination, filled by an infinitely flowing waterfall of Divine Love. Ironically the only way to it is through this jungle of beasts.

I know that by clearing the path for myself, it will also be cleared for others, and so with the knowledge that many more can quench their hidden thirst, I must face this mad man jungle and conquer it.

Days and nights go by, and I find myself often lost and face to face with wild savage monsters, beasts of my own doing, and yet they prey on me. But I can no longer try to tussle with them, I've been made wiser by the countless loses I've endured in battle with them.

Slowly but surely I am learning to tame them, not by force but only by abiding in calm, peace, and stillness. Through this, they become helpful jungle guides. Thirsty themselves, they will turn and lead me to the godly waters I so deeply crave.

Anima

484 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2014 :  9:52:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Deep and true. Thank you for sharing this, Chaz!

Go to Top of Page

mil

USA
28 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2014 :  09:32:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Chaz
This resonates deeply and is extremely well expressed in my opinion.
It helps me to remember to keep sharpening the skills of awareness.
Thanks for the post.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2014 :  1:33:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Fine metaphor. I can relate 100%.

"I think now, looking back, we did not fight the enemy; we fought ourselves. And the enemy was in us."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p25bS4VXYq8
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000