AYPsite.org Forum
 Asanas - Postures and Physical Culture
 trance bliss ecstacy in asana
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2014 :  10:37:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hey all,

I've noticed lately that in asana classes, particularly astanga (because of the rythym and the cadence of breath) I am falling into deep states of ecstatic trance during the practice with sambhavi, 'baby kecari' (my name for the spontaneous kecari experienced here ), and massive pranic movement from mula to brow.

Really interesting, but a bit too deep I think for public consumption.

Anyone else noticed this?

Dogboy

USA
2242 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2014 :  1:05:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This has been happening to me for a month now (I'm 8 months in AYP), eyes opened and closed, arousal vibrations racing around in my torso. Very pleasurable, with a lot of colors behind my eyelids. I like using it to hold full expressions of poses, it definately helps with the stamina. I love this new playground! I usually skip my next "sit" to a avert overload.
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2014 :  2:05:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes the overload is a concern for me as well.
I find it interesting that the asana practice is opening up to me in this way now with samadhi after being kind of down on asana in the recent past.

I will also say that it seems the vayus and the current of the central axis are more supercharged when my muscles feel fresh in asana practice. When I'm feeling that I'm not getting proper rest after exercise, for instance not letting the muscles recuperate, the prana is not as 'strong'. Further evidence I think that prana is intimately tied in with ATP.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2242 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2014 :  6:32:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry...ATP?
Go to Top of Page

Jack

United Kingdom
305 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2014 :  12:22:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jack's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I would venture an educated guess that tonightsthenight is referring to Adenotriphosphate.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adenos...triphosphate

Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2014 :  12:19:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Jack

I would venture an educated guess that tonightsthenight is referring to Adenotriphosphate.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adenos...triphosphate

Indeed
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000