AYPsite.org Forum
 Illuminated Poetry, Quotations and Stories
 Springsong
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Anima

484 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2014 :  08:52:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Namaste

Recent words, experienced as prayer and song.

I woke this week and was in the shower. I opened the small window and looked out as the warm water caressed me. The morning sun played freely with the sparkley powder outside. I breathed in the cool air, and breathed it back out into nature. She hinted at Her mystery with silky mist, living through me. "Why not me," I thought.

In the tranquil, blanketed yard next door, two robins swept down. They met in their arc, and returned to a bare tree. A squirrel climbed down the bark of a thick trunk, and hopped through the snow in fastidious glee. I sang to Her, this song.

Springsong

Little birdie, little birdie!
Little mammal, climbing the tree.
Little mammal, snow in the breeze.

Yesterday, I went to the temple for worship and a Vedanta study group. I saw a friend in the hallway. In class, we talked about favoring integration over distinction. It was good and put me in a mood.

In the prayer room, I bowed and prayed to our Ishtas. I finally talked to a priest to ask if I could take pictures of the prayer book, which I have been studying. He said I could, and asked me a straightforward question, which I answered. He asked what I meant, so I faintly tried to furnish clarification. I thanked him.

I walked back to the chairs across the room. Of course, my phone battery was dead. I smiled affectionately. I briefly imagined myself telling the priest, "The cellular phone's electrical reserves have been depleted." Then I thought that the temple could use that energy in the best way.

I sat and closed my eyes instinctually. I felt a great warmth breathing into my crown and neck. It was soft, gentle, and sweet. My body felt like a heated cushion. My head tilted to the right slightly, exposing more of my neck. It felt pure and right. I can't describe the experience. But this came to paper.

Divine love, divine light,
Shining pure, shining bright.
Gentle lake, gentle stream,
Gifted heart, gifted spring.
Your way flows in everything.

~Love

Edited by - Anima on Feb 10 2014 08:56:02 AM

BillinL.A.

USA
375 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2014 :  12:39:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sweet loving words.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2014 :  12:45:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice!

Sublime words. Thank you for sharing.
Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2014 :  12:50:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Such sweetness in these words. Thank you for sharing Anima.
Go to Top of Page

Anima

484 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2014 :  08:18:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, friends.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000